Palin tried to ban books

Did you happen to note how many different versions there are of this just online? Not even counting the many different versions that have appeared in print? And you sit there and see all those different versions and tell yourself "yup, yup" or what? LOL You just happened to pick out your favorite version is all.

Since Emmons has actually been unavailable since this all started -isn't it amazing that someone keeps embellishing the original story, constantly adding ever more outrageous details? The original story simply said that Palin had ONCE asked Emmons whether it was possible to remove books city residents might object to and was told no. That was the 4 or 5 versions ago now. Now Emmons supposedly went to the city's NEWSPAPER and claimed she was being REPEATEDLY pressured to ban books and gave her VOW to the people of that city that she would fight and resist any censorship? Get real. If that had actually happened, that newspaper would have run with that story RIGHT THEN and be able to back up that silly claim today with a filed article about it. But it hasn't -and it won't.

Any article claiming to be quoting Emmons directly is a lie -because she isn't and hasn't given any interviews. She's unavailable and on vacation -and at this point it wouldn't surprise me if she suddenly turns up dead so she can't ever contradict any of this bs either. In all the other articles Emmons is only being quoted by one of two Democrats and is never directly quoted -because she isn't available, remember? One of whom has a very clear agenda from the start and the other a housewife who recently made her own agenda crystal clear. She admits she despises Palin. But we can discount Kilkinney or Kinney or whatever version of her name an article uses. Kinney claimed that Palin brought up banning books at a council meeting and Kinney had been present at that council meeting. But council minutes are open to the public, they have been reviewed - and it just never happened. And no council member will back up this story. So Kinney is just a liar. And originally she NEVER said Emmons told her a darn thing -so any story where she claims otherwise NOW is bs.

The other Democrat always quoting Emmons about what Emmons supposedly told him - is former mayor Stein. The three term Democrat Palin got thrown out of office when she beat him in a landslide. Gee, no grudge there, right? No other person in ANY version of this story is EVER quoted as saying Emmons told them a darn thing about any of it. But how can that be when according to your quotes above this was a RAGING issue in Wasilla, the entire town not only knew about it but DEMANDED that Emmons keep her job and Emmons valiantly vowed to the people of Wasilla that she would fight against this attempt at censorship! Too funny. Almost looking forward to further embellishments because the more carried away this story gets -the more obvious its total crap.

Just a couple of other points.

1. No books were removed from the Wasilla public library according to June Pinnell-Stephens, chairwoman of the Alaska Library Association's Intellectual Freedom Committee -chairwoman since 1984.

2. Pinnell-Stephens also said she never had any communication with Emmons about any pressure or requests to have books removed from the Wasilla library by ANY government official. Since Emmons was director of the Alaska Library Association at that time, then Pinnell-Stephens is the person who would have been contacted if Emmons had either felt she was being pressured by a government official to have books removed from a public library -or believed her job was at risk or being threatened for refusing to do so. Oh sure, Emmons goes to a newspaper that inexplicably does not back that up but doesn't go to Pinnell-Stephens who would actually be her next step and could actually do something about it? Give me a break.

3. As for the letter Emmons received -she got the same one that Police Chief Stambaugh, Public Works Director Jack Felton and Finance Director Duane Dvorak all got as well and at the very same time. Every director/department head received a request for their resignation letter right after she took office -which is not at all unusual whenever a new government executive takes office since they have the right to replace these department heads with people of their choice. Every President does it too and doesn't keep the people the last guy appointed. Palin said it was a loyalty test since two of those directors had openly campaigned for her opponent. Another director had his job entirely eliminated by Palin so she didn't ask for his resignation -just informed him his position no longer existed. She requested resignation letters from them all again just two months later and both times she kept on Emmons. And not by any demand from the townspeople. Emmons finally retired without being asked two months after Palin started her second term.

If you lack critical thinking skills -then I can't help you with this one. But the fact that so many wildly different versions of this bs story exist, that they keep getting more and more exaggerated about what Emmons supposedly told someone else she said and did -but has given NO interview to ANY media or news source about it herself - is what tipped me off there was something wrong here in the first place. It should have for you too. The embellishments are being added for a reason -can you figure out what it is? I suspect the only way you would even be suspicious of this fairytale and why ever more outrageous "details" keep being added would be if this had been about Biden or Obama instead of Palin. I'm assuming you are just too partisan to be able to question this crap and WANT to believe it and will take any version that crosses your path. Which is actually a compliment because the only other option is you are one gullible and dumb bubba.

What, are you writing a novel?

Pssst you've still got a bit of foam on your mouth.

so many rumor and half truths....

book banning...

being muslim...not being....mispoken words....hammered to death...beaten like the proverbial dead horse.

so many rumor and half truths....

book banning...

being muslim...not being....mispoken words....hammered to death...beaten like the proverbial dead horse.

beatingdeadhorsegif.gif

When Palin was mayor of Wasilla, she tried to have books banned. When the librarian wouldn't go along, she tried to have her fired....

I heard about this. Thank you for posting the article.

I think if the religious right wingers have their way, this type of censorship could become a real issue.

I heard about this. Thank you for posting the article.

I think if the religious right wingers have their way, this type of censorship could become a real issue.

I agree. The mere fact that she inquired as to the procedure of how book banning is accomplished, is warning enough. That combined with her stance on other issues of personal freedoms.

I agree. The mere fact that she inquired as to the procedure of how book banning is accomplished, is warning enough. That combined with her stance on other issues of personal freedoms.
Probably not that big of a deal. I understood she only wanted to ban a book on reproductive biology.

this is what factcheck.org has to say, I found it interesting

FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

especially this bit:
So what about that list of books targeted for banning, which according to one widely e-mailed version was taken “from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board”? If it was, the library board should take up fortune telling. The list includes the first four Harry Potter books, none of which had been published at the time of the Palin-Emmons conversations. The first wasn't published until 1998. In fact, the list is a simple cut-and-paste job, snatched (complete with typos and the occasional incorrect title) from the Florida Institute of Technology library Web page, which presents the list as “Books banned at one time or another in the United States.” emphasis added

Last edited:
this is what factcheck.org has to say, I found it interesting

FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

especially this bit:
So what about that list of books targeted for banning, which according to one widely e-mailed version was taken “from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board”? If it was, the library board should take up fortune telling. The list includes the first four Harry Potter books, none of which had been published at the time of the Palin-Emmons conversations. The first wasn't published until 1998. In fact, the list is a simple cut-and-paste job, snatched (complete with typos and the occasional incorrect title) from the Florida Institute of Technology library Web page, which presents the list as “Books banned at one time or another in the United States.” emphasis added

I don't think anyone one is refuting that she inquired as to the procedure for banning books. That she asked raises enough of a red flag for me.

I don't think anyone one is refuting that she inquired as to the procedure for banning books. That she asked raises enough of a red flag for me.
so, even though it is a proven lie, you will still keep pushing it, like that moron chris?

My giess is for the cheerleading and lies. I'm thinking of it myself. :eusa_liar:

It's okay I just gave it back to him. :D

You're thinking of giving me negative rep too?

In my experience, people who go around spreading negativity are usually not worthwhile in the first place.

Thinking for yourself is highly recommended. :eusa_clap:

Maybe you could do better than DiverCon and actually articulate what was so offensive about what I actually posted?

so, even though it is a proven lie, you will still keep pushing it, like that moron chris?

Keep on neg repping me, D-Con, till you're blue in the face.
Doesn't matter to me nor does it alter what has been reported in reputable newspapers - that Palin made a request for information on the procedure for banning books in a public library.

Forum List

Back