Papers! Papers, Please!

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I have been pointing out for some time how Voter ID does not stop the types of voter fraud which occur, and the Voter ID proponents have been providing evidence of this for quite a while in spectacularly amusing style.

I have also been pointing out that if a government program is not fulfilling its publicly stated goals, then perhaps the real motive for getting everyone to carry federally approved identity papers is something different entirely.

As every totalitarian knows, national identity papers are a great way to control the movements of a population.

And in that vein, the Bush Congress passed the REAL ID Act of 2005.

The law sets forth requirements for state driver's licenses and ID cards to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Homeland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

Papers! Papers, please! Vee must be able to tr-r-r-r-r-ack your moofments at all TIMES, citizen!

This just in:
Military Bases No Longer Accepting IDs from Five States
U.S. military installations are no longer allowing visitors to gain base access using official ID cards from five states -- and other installations may soon follow.

State-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards from Illinois, New Mexico, Missouri, Washington and Minnesota can no longer be used to obtain a visitor’s pass because those cards don’t comply with federal standards, officials said.
Better start carrying your identity papers everywhere you go, citizens.

It's elementary. You need an id to get a library book, drive a car or cash a check. Anyone wishing to vote should need a picture id to take part in one of our greatest rights in the world.
Those who don't think a picture id is necessary are certainly suspect.

It's elementary. You need an id to get a library book, drive a car or cash a check. Anyone wishing to vote should need a picture id to take part in one of our greatest rights in the world.
Those who don't think a picture id is necessary are certainly suspect.

Democrats have people with an address "Park bench" or "St. Joseph's Cemetery" registered to vote

Meanwhile we have firearms laws and proposals that do NOTHING to stop criminals from obtaining firearms and G5000 supports those laws, I wonder why?

Papers Please. You appear to be too young to buy Booze, and this is not your check book.

Papers Please.
showing-id-1a.jpg

fa7eac86d290d1ae1c3d4bbd806ba88d8b0c157d7b600444c2dca5c42f9a206c.jpg

Only Liberals would argue to check I.D.s to vote when you have to show an I.D. for so many things in this country. Like cashing a check. I bet those needing the money don't have a problem showing I.D. to CASH GOV'T ASSISTANCE CHECKS.................

OMG...........these SAME PEOPLE MIGHT BE BLOCKED FROM VOTING.............Lion's, Tigers, and Bears.

Moral of the Story. Don't do drugs. You might end up a Liberal Idiot.
:fu:

Forum List

Back