Parent Arrested For Protesting Use of Common Core

:eusa_hand:

Now, now, now.....

... let's not be too hasty to judge what could be a very sound arguement that: a multi-billlionaire philanthropist has an evul plan to make MORE billions by torturing teachers that will need to administer a 6 day-long test to first graders.

:eusa_shifty:

Yeah, it all seems clear now.

it's alot more than that...it's education without representation.....not to mention a trojan horse for Agenda 21...

(but i'm sure you'all will chalk that up to 'conspiracy' as well....)

a tinfoiler :tinfoil: Just as I thought. the states, most of which have republican governors hatch a plan to indoctrinate school children w/ Progrerssive ideas? :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

\thread end.

:clap2:

Wyoming has Common Core!

it's alot more than that...it's education without representation.....not to mention a trojan horse for Agenda 21...

(but i'm sure you'all will chalk that up to 'conspiracy' as well....)

a tinfoiler :tinfoil: Just as I thought. the states, most of which have republican governors hatch a plan to indoctrinate school children w/ Progrerssive ideas? :eusa_hand: :cuckoo:

\thread end.

Wyoming has Common Core!

California has Common Core

It wasn't an open mic meeting, it wasn't a townhall. It wasn't a protest or rally or sit in or civil disobedience. It was a parent/teacher meeting to explain the new system that was already being implemented and to answer questions.

If this guy was upset he should have directed his ire at the State School board, not the local teachers and admins the week it went down.

No Comrade, it was NOT a parent-teacher conference, it was a SCHOOL BOARD MEETING.

And JUST so you Khmer Rouge monkeys grasp this;

{Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. }

The man has a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT to express his opinion of government. The Kommisars of the School Board need to be horse whipped.

What the fuck is wrong with people to not use any and all means to resist the totalitarian police state?

so of course everything about it must be ok......:cuckoo:

lemmings-cliff-cartoon.jpg

ask yourself.....why wasn't this very major program that will deeply affect the next generation voted on in our Legislatures where The People would have a voice about it....?

ask yourself.....why wasn't this very major program that will deeply affect the next generation voted on in our Legislatures where The People would have a voice about it....?

They've put it in the elementary schools, most of the privates have gone over, but full roll out is next year. They've said no more FCAT next year, but now it's up in the air as to which standardized testing and the gov is turning his back on CC testing which is going to screw Jeb's rep. So maybe there's still a chance here.

When I have a tiz at the public hearing and my yootoob gets posted on a thread, be kind in your criticism and know that I'm fighting for freedom of choice.

The tinfoiler OP already admitteed that he thinks common core is for pushing agenda 21 lol. :tinfoil:

I am down the block and around the corner from that question. They are stripping parent education options away with Common Core and leaving us with no voice.

The teachers at my DD's school found out last June, they implemented over the summer.

Surprise!

Test scores for NYC students drop dramatically « Hot Air

New York City officials are on the defensive today after test scores from public schools plummeted under new standards for achievement. The city adopted the controversial Common Core curriculum and testing, and NYC was expected to be a test case for its implementation. After going from bad to worse on achievement, though, parents may demand even more change:

First Empirical Evidence: Common Core Hurts Kentucky Students | National Review Online

The New York Times published a wonderful op-ed by Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreyfus acknowledging that Common Core is a radical experiment adopted with almost no public discussion and that it is fueling parents’ anxieties.

They also note something I did not know: Kentucky adopted Common Core in 2010, and the results was a huge drop in students’ test scores:

Students in Kentucky were the first to undergo the Common Core’s testing regimen; the state adopted the standards in 2010. One year later, its students’ scores fell across the board by roughly a third in reading and math. Perhaps one cannot blame the students, or the teachers — who struggle to teach to the new, behemoth test that, in some cases, surpasses their curriculums — for the drop in scores.

Test scores for NYC students drop dramatically « Hot Air

New York City officials are on the defensive today after test scores from public schools plummeted under new standards for achievement. The city adopted the controversial Common Core curriculum and testing, and NYC was expected to be a test case for its implementation. After going from bad to worse on achievement, though, parents may demand even more change:

First Empirical Evidence: Common Core Hurts Kentucky Students | National Review Online

The New York Times published a wonderful op-ed by Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreyfus acknowledging that Common Core is a radical experiment adopted with almost no public discussion and that it is fueling parents’ anxieties.

They also note something I did not know: Kentucky adopted Common Core in 2010, and the results was a huge drop in students’ test scores:

Students in Kentucky were the first to undergo the Common Core’s testing regimen; the state adopted the standards in 2010. One year later, its students’ scores fell across the board by roughly a third in reading and math. Perhaps one cannot blame the students, or the teachers — who struggle to teach to the new, behemoth test that, in some cases, surpasses their curriculums — for the drop in scores.

They aren't looking before they're leaping, as usual, at the expense of our kids.

We may have a chance with our Medicare crook governor. If he opens the door I'm going to run through it and start jumping up and down.

Gov. Rick Scott reverses course on Common Core assessments

After a summer of polarizing public debate, Gov. Rick Scott on Monday ordered the state education department to withdraw from a national consortium creating tests around the new Common Core State Standards.

Gov. Rick Scott reverses course on Common Core assessments | Tampa Bay Times

AND we are 47th in educational excellence!

Yep, and all my friends out there yanked their kids out after a taste of CC

So NOW they're figuring it out... Leaping before they're looking.

See the date on this: 9/12/13

The Obama administration’s signature $4 billion Race to the Top initiative, designed to spur far-reaching education reforms across the country and raise student achievement, is largely a failure, an analysis released Thursday concludes.

Most winning states made what the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education labeled “unrealistic and impossible” promises to boost student achievement in exchange for prizes that were ultimately paltry in comparison with their pledges.

But three years in, Race to the Top hasn’t spurred states to address what really is behind students’ poor academic performance: poverty and the associated lack of opportunities that accompany it, said Elaine Weiss, national coordinator of the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education. Her group advocates for a more targeted focus on poverty over the current slate of education reforms involving testing and accountability.

The Department of Education rejected the report’s conclusions, saying it’s seeing promising signs of improvement in student achievement in Race to the Top states and warning that it’s too early to draw sweeping conclusions. Some state officials also said they are finding the competition useful.

?Race to the Top? for education a flop, report finds - Nirvi Shah - POLITICO.com

it's like the Obamacare program.....it gets passed/implemented before you know what's in it....:eusa_shhh:

AND we are 47th in educational excellence!

Yep, and all my friends out there yanked their kids out after a taste of CC

So NOW they're figuring it out... Leaping before they're looking.

See the date on this: 9/12/13

The Obama administration’s signature $4 billion Race to the Top initiative, designed to spur far-reaching education reforms across the country and raise student achievement, is largely a failure, an analysis released Thursday concludes.

Most winning states made what the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education labeled “unrealistic and impossible” promises to boost student achievement in exchange for prizes that were ultimately paltry in comparison with their pledges.

But three years in, Race to the Top hasn’t spurred states to address what really is behind students’ poor academic performance: poverty and the associated lack of opportunities that accompany it, said Elaine Weiss, national coordinator of the Broader, Bolder Approach to Education. Her group advocates for a more targeted focus on poverty over the current slate of education reforms involving testing and accountability.

The Department of Education rejected the report’s conclusions, saying it’s seeing promising signs of improvement in student achievement in Race to the Top states and warning that it’s too early to draw sweeping conclusions. Some state officials also said they are finding the competition useful.

?Race to the Top? for education a flop, report finds - Nirvi Shah - POLITICO.com

Common Core features the use of Howard Zinn's Marxist screed "A Peoples History of the United States" in the curriculum. It's really all anyone needs to know.

it's like the Obamacare program.....it gets passed/implemented before you know what's in it....:eusa_shhh:

Exactly.

In the meantime - while they're figuring out where their ass is - this is completely fucking with the teachers and the kids and they are tying our hands behind our backs with it.

Forum List

Back