Parents charged after 4-year-old killed in accidental shooting

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - New charges filed in the death of a 4-year-old over the weekend.

Justin Foss Jr. was killed when investigators say he shot himself with a gun he found.

The child's father, Justin Foss Sr. is now facing four changes: Murder, 2nd Degree Murder, Cruelty to Children and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.

Shelby Foss, the child's mother, is charged with 2nd degree Murder and Cruelty to Children.

Both Shelby and Justin Foss Sr. are in the Richmond County Jail.

Parents charged after 4-year-old killed in accidental shooting

Did this family need a gun for self defense? Seems it did the exact opposite.

Hey, dipshit.... you didn't read your own post..... the gun was in possession of a convicted felon...that means, dipshit...that he could not legally buy, own or carry that gun..... he has now been arrested....

You failed to list the father being a felon...

His father Justin Foss, Senior is charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

So.....get back to us when you aren't trying to lie about the topic....we already have laws that say a convicted felon can't buy, own or carry a gun....he broke those laws... I imagine an idiot like you believes we need a new law that states we "Really, really mean it this time."

You can list these accidents..... while the CDC states that AMericans use their legal guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack, saving lives.

The Department of Justice in their research put the number at 1.5 million times a year....

So...when you get to at least 1.5 or 2.4 million accidental gun deaths, get back to us...

Actual number of accidental gun deaths in 2016..... 489. In a country of 600 million guns in private hands, and 17 million people carrying guns for self defense.....

How many children? 74.... how many kids killed by cars in the same year... 1,261..... which is deadlier to kids?

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC
2016:

2016: Kids ( <1 to age 14)
Total guns: ......74
Total Cars: 1,261

And the other accidental deaths...

Suffocation: 1,215

Drowning: 713

Poisoning: 84

Traffic: 1,261

Guns: 74

<1......1
1-4.....34
5-9.....16
10-14....23

Under age drinking:

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

Shit happens when people do stupid things, yep.

You gonna push to ban cars to stop all the millions on the roads not paying attention and killing thousands more a year? How about /just/ SUV's which cause far more deaths when they get in a wreck with a car? Maybe just the sports cars, or just automatics?
Most everyone uses their car daily. I've never needed a gun for anything. Most people need to get to work, they don't need to play with guns.

2.4 million people need their guns each year...... or if you prefer 1.5 million according to the Department of Justice...

So, you are saying that violent crime is fake...make believe? Good to know, I will let the victims of rape, robbery and murder know they are just making it up.

You gonna push to ban cars to stop all the millions on the roads not paying attention and killing thousands more a year? How about /just/ SUV's which cause far more deaths when they get in a wreck with a car? Maybe just the sports cars, or just automatics?
Most everyone uses their car daily. I've never needed a gun for anything. Most people need to get to work, they don't need to play with guns.

Irrelevant to the argument YOU made.

People die from accidents, thus ban the object.

Everyone can take the bus, or walk.

You can laugh all you want son, but that is what is needed.
Even our instructors accidently shoot people. The UK has few accidental shooting deaths. Wonder why.

And their gun crime rate is going up... our gun crime rate over the last 25 years is down 75%.....our gun murder rate is down 49%.... our violent crime rate is down 72%.....

Their gun crime rate...up 44% in London last year.......

Even our instructors accidently shoot people. The UK has few accidental shooting deaths. Wonder why.

Lets start by looking at the UK's penal system and see how many criminals they set free to run rampant on the streets and continuously violate the laws.

That is changing now.... they are getting as bad as the democrats here...letting violent criminals out of jail to repeat offend...

Lets start by looking at the UK's penal system and see how many criminals they set free to run rampant on the streets and continuously violate the laws.
Go for it. We have the fullest jails in the world.

Nope.... the democrats let the violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail over and over again....... if they don't keep the gun criminals in jail, those prisons aren't doing us any good.

Less then 500 people a year die to accidental firearms shootings over 32k a year die to accidental car accidents, guess which is MORE?
I use my car daily. Need it to go to work. Millions do the same thing. Nobody needs a gun. Accidental firearm deaths are senseless. Cars are a necessity of life in this country.

600 million guns in private hands.

17 million people carry guns for self defense.

Accidental gun deaths for kids in 2016.... 489.

Accidental car deaths for kids in 2016... 1,261.

Cars are deadlier to kids than guns..... mandate all cars be turned in for junking..... use only public transportation....

If it saves only one life....

EVERYONE needs a gun, to protect their life. WAYYYY more important than getting to work frankly.
That's funny cause I don't know anyone who has every needed to protect their life with a gun. I know thousands who use their car regularly however.

According to the CDC there are 2.4 million people a year who need their guns to stop violent criminals.

According to the Department of Justice the number is 1.5 million......

They would disgree with you....

Forum List

Back