Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

I watched part of Bruce Jenner's interview with Diane Sawyer. I missed the show but part of it is on ABC's website.
He explained his feelings very well.
He said he knew at 5 years old.

That's BS. I don't remember anything from 5 years old. Kids don't even know what sex is at that age they sure aren't making gender decisions. You are born a gender, it is physical not some state of mind. And you can't change it. They should be taught to love who they are.
I remember dropping a litter of puppies down an air tube of a storm shelter...

I watched part of Bruce Jenner's interview with Diane Sawyer. I missed the show but part of it is on ABC's website.

That's BS. I don't remember anything from 5 years old. Kids don't even know what sex is at that age they sure aren't making gender decisions. You are born a gender, it is physical not some state of mind. And you can't change it. They should be taught to love who they are.

Were you a boy or a girl?

Were you a boy or a girl?
Either...

So since people on here think a five year old can make life long decisions at this age. Why not let it drink and smoke?
That's unhealthy, and so is being forced to live as the wrong gender just because the change makes you uncomfortable.

You just have to be kidding right?

The MSM pushing it down your throats

It's called assimilation

BTW- These parents should be publicly floggged

-Geaux
------------------------------------

BOSTON (CBS) – A Massachusetts couple knew their child wasn’t happy. So they made the courageous and difficult decision to raise their daughter as a boy at his own request.

As he showed off his collection of rocks and dead bugs in his bedroom, Jacob Lemay also said how he hated his old name. “Cause it was the stupidest name ever,” Jacob said.

He’s talking about the name ‘Mia,’ which was scrapped last June, when his parents and family therapy team concluded the then four-year old was transgender — a little girl wired as a little boy.

“That’s the kind of psychological burden that I don’t think anyone should have to deal with, especially not my child,” Jacob’s mother Mimi said.

They say this wasn’t tomboy stuff or some passing phase.

Mia began verbalizing it at age two, triggering a long family struggle with the subject, as the little girl grew increasingly unhappy and withdrawn — stuck with a gender she did not embrace.

“Started insisting that it’s not that she liked boy things, but that she was a boy,” Mimi said.

(WBZ-TV)

“He was showing real signs of a lot of shame and self-hatred,” Jacob’s father Joe said.

As they studied everything they could on transgender youth — including the alarming suicide rate down the road — the Lemay’s decided the transition from ‘Mia’ to ‘Jacob’ was better done sooner than later.

“We realized how risky it is to not take action and not to allow that child to not become who they feel that they are,” Joe said.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son s Transgender Journey CBS Boston

Love to track this kids' development over time and see how he turns out. My money's on sociopath criminal, possibly serial murderer.

"I was raised where my pleasure was paramount and anything that made me happy was given to me."

Ya that raises up good citizens.

It's called assimilation

-Geaux

BOSTON (CBS) – A Massachusetts couple knew their child wasn’t happy. So they made the courageous and difficult decision to raise their daughter as a boy at his own request.

As he showed off his collection of rocks and dead bugs in his bedroom, Jacob Lemay also said how he hated his old name. “Cause it was the stupidest name ever,” Jacob said.

He’s talking about the name ‘Mia,’ which was scrapped last June, when his parents and family therapy team concluded the then four-year old was transgender — a little girl wired as a little boy.

“That’s the kind of psychological burden that I don’t think anyone should have to deal with, especially not my child,” Jacob’s mother Mimi said.

Mia began verbalizing it at age two, triggering a long family struggle with the subject, as the little girl grew increasingly unhappy and withdrawn — stuck with a gender she did not embrace.

“Started insisting that it’s not that she liked boy things, but that she was a boy,” Mimi said.

(WBZ-TV)

“He was showing real signs of a lot of shame and self-hatred,” Jacob’s father Joe said.

As they studied everything they could on transgender youth — including the alarming suicide rate down the road — the Lemay’s decided the transition from ‘Mia’ to ‘Jacob’ was better done sooner than later.

“We realized how risky it is to not take action and not to allow that child to not become who they feel that they are,” Joe said.

Love to track this kids' development over time and see how he turns out. My money's on sociopath criminal, possibly serial murderer.

"I was raised where my pleasure was paramount and anything that made me happy was given to me."

That's nothing like what's happening here. Do grow up, please.

What is happening here is you saying, Oh no, things like this scare me...

It's called assimilation

-Geaux

(WBZ-TV)

Only thing here that scares me is parents who don't know how to parent. 5 year olds want all manner of things, doesn't mean you give it to them. Might wanna be something else tomorrow making all this yesterday's news literally. Before you start screwing around with a child's sense of identity possibly scarring them for life, make sure they're old enough to have a clue of who they are.

I don't even remember being 5 let alone how I identified.

In all likelyhood this isn't the kid but one or both of the parents wanting to jump into the issue using their child as a prop like 'stage moms' and 'overly competetive dads' pushing their sons into sports to live vicariously through them.

So since people on here think a five year old can make life long decisions at this age. Why not let it drink and smoke?
That's unhealthy, and so is being forced to live as the wrong gender just because the change makes you uncomfortable.

There is no changing gender. They can turn you into a Frankenstein that kinda looks like another gender, but there is no changing. You are what you are born. That is a fact.

It's called assimilation

-Geaux

(WBZ-TV)

It should scare everyone. This poor child is being taught something is wrong with her. She is female and NOTHING can change that. Teach her to like who she is.

I remember things at five and even younger.
It's not about sex, it's about identity.

I remember things at five and even younger.
It's not about sex, it's about identity.

Identity? You are born male or female. Nothing can change that. Why would you teach a healthy child they were born wrong? And when a child really want to be a dog? Or be able to turn invisible? You expect people to play along with those fantasies too?

I know and have known many gay men for years now, and to the last one they knew when they were very young, that they were different.

I know the parents of Neil Patrick Harris, and I knew Neil from the time he was four years old. He was extremely withdrawn, very quiet, non-participatory and had one friend, a cat named Counselor. He didn't change, his parents were very smart, aware and conscientious people who didn't just accept that he was naturally terribly shy or introverted. They actively engaged with him and helped him to open up, and then did not judge him.

Same with children who have gender-identity issues. They know something is wrong but they don't know how to define it. Better to allow this kid to explore and bloom than end up pretending all of his or her life. People don't commit suicide just because of drug and money problems.

I know and have known many gay men for years now, and to the last one they knew when they were very young, that they were different.

I know the parents of Neil Patrick Harris, and I knew Neil from the time he was four years old. He was extremely withdrawn, very quiet, non-participatory and had one friend, a cat named Counselor. He didn't change, his parents were very smart, aware and conscientious people who didn't just accept that he was naturally terribly shy or introverted. They actively engaged with him and helped him to open up, and then did not judge him.

Same with children who have gender-identity issues. They know something is wrong but they don't know how to define it. Better to allow this kid to explore and bloom than end up pretending all of his or her life. People don't commit suicide just because of drug and money problems.

Yes the thing is people can be gay, they cannot change gender. That is a fantasy.

Yes the thing is people can be gay, they cannot change gender. That is a fantasy.

Gays, lesbians, gender identities are born that way. No one wants to be ostracized from the society they are born into.

We all know if we are male or female and we know it at a very young age. This boy is very lucky that his parents love him enough to allow him to to explore this issue.

That takes great courage and unconditional love.

And you got to be both eh, Duddly?

Disgusting story....child abuse in it's most vile form. The media moguls are no longer discreet in promoting their agenda.....many of the new TV shows show guys kissing and ripping each other's shirts off and of course the blond heroine has a black lover.....it's the "in" thing thanks to these jackals.

Gays, lesbians, gender identities are born that way. No one wants to be ostracized from the society they are born into.

Sorry but your gender is quite clear. Either you have a penis or your don't. There is no confusion there and nothing will change your gender. Sure you can cut the penis off, but that sure doesn't make you woman. And any medical surgery can be dangerous people die from having wisdom teeth removed. Kids should be taught to love who they are, not to believe in fantasies.

Forum List

Back