Passenger Ignites Firecrackers on Delta Flight Headed to Detroit

Of course not. Collateral damage is never acceptable..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eusa_shhh:

180px-The_gesture01.jpg

Really?

The US and zionuts have been terrorizing Palestinians since 1947;

The US has been terrorizing Iraqis since 1990;

The US has been Terrorizing the Afpak region since 2001.

So , those folks have a right to retaliate, right?

The scary part is that you are serious. :rolleyes:

The scary part is that you believe you have a right to terrorize people with impunity.

.:eek:

Wow, you really actually were not kidding.

:eek:

We should keep specimens like you in a glass jar so we could study.

It's pretty easy to Monday Morning this thing. Yes, the father reported his suspicions to the US embassy about Abdulmutallab; however, how many times have we collectively complained about US intelligence agencies acting on scant evidence? After all, isn't this what the whole NSA warrantless surveillance controversy is all about? Isn't the whole point about Guantanamo the fact that we've incarcerated men suspected of being associated with terrorism based on information that wouldn't stand in a US courtroom?

And how many times have we collectively criticized the DHS No-Fly List when people like the late Senator Ted Kennedy or pop singer Cat Stevens and a list of other embarrassing "false positives," especially those that involved active duty US military personnel returning from Iraq, showed up on the no-fly list? We demanded tighter standards for the no-fly list and got exactly what we asked for. Also need to consider the cultural differences in names. Bob Smith is Bob Smith---about the only variation is when it's Robert Smith; however, I've already seen Abdulmutallab's name spelled Abdul Mutallab. Would that be enough to make a difference?

I expect US government agencies to do their jobs effectively and efficiently. However, I can't jump on the bandwagon criticizing DHS, the FBI, CIA, State Department and other alphabet agencies in the wake of all the harsh criticisms directed against the Bush administration's aggressive policies. And I'm not intending to defend the Bush administration's policies: some of them were exactly what we needed but some of them did go overboard. My point is that we can't have it both ways. I don't know what could have been done better to prevent Abdulmutallab's attempted terrorist act. Perhaps the reality is that airport security is effective up to a certain point and the rest, like it or not, is left up to the courage and initiative of passengers reacting to these incidents as they begin to unfold.

For the record, I strongly support covert intelligence operations. Worked for the Brits, the Israelis, the French, and the Soviets. There's a lot to be said for bringing terror to the terrorists. But the US simply doesn't have the stomach for it.

Strange that we haven't seen that twat Loosecannon back in the thread since he said the guy wasn't a muslim, wasn't a terrorist, it was only a fire cracker and that the media would prove him right. :lol:

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Check this out...there was a second man detained at the Detroit airport for having explosives sniffing dogs hit on his luggage....he was an Arab.

i see. and what about the perpetrators family's ???? smoke them to ????

What did they do to you?

These are terrorists. They live among the innocents on purpose to avoid attack and to create situations when attacked that cause civilian losses.

Just like the Hamas using women and children as human shields when Israel defended them selves and also recruting kids as young as 12 to fight in the war against Israel.

It's pretty easy to Monday Morning this thing. Yes, the father reported his suspicions to the US embassy about Abdulmutallab; however, how many times have we collectively complained about US intelligence agencies acting on scant evidence? After all, isn't this what the whole NSA warrantless surveillance controversy is all about? Isn't the whole point about Guantanamo the fact that we've incarcerated men suspected of being associated with terrorism based on information that wouldn't stand in a US courtroom?

And how many times have we collectively criticized the DHS No-Fly List when people like the late Senator Ted Kennedy or pop singer Cat Stevens and a list of other embarrassing "false positives," especially those that involved active duty US military personnel returning from Iraq, showed up on the no-fly list? We demanded tighter standards for the no-fly list and got exactly what we asked for. Also need to consider the cultural differences in names. Bob Smith is Bob Smith---about the only variation is when it's Robert Smith; however, I've already seen Abdulmutallab's name spelled Abdul Mutallab. Would that be enough to make a difference?

I expect US government agencies to do their jobs effectively and efficiently. However, I can't jump on the bandwagon criticizing DHS, the FBI, CIA, State Department and other alphabet agencies in the wake of all the harsh criticisms directed against the Bush administration's aggressive policies. And I'm not intending to defend the Bush administration's policies: some of them were exactly what we needed but some of them did go overboard. My point is that we can't have it both ways. I don't know what could have been done better to prevent Abdulmutallab's attempted terrorist act. Perhaps the reality is that airport security is effective up to a certain point and the rest, like it or not, is left up to the courage and initiative of passengers reacting to these incidents as they begin to unfold.

For the record, I strongly support covert intelligence operations. Worked for the Brits, the Israelis, the French, and the Soviets. There's a lot to be said for bringing terror to the terrorists. But the US simply doesn't have the stomach for it.

I say it's time to start looking at enhanced interrogations again.................

C'mon now....you have an Airborne patch as an avatar, you know what Delta does....and you say we don't have the stomach for it? I raise the BS flag on that one. Coming from the Navy and working in communities outside of surface warfare I can specifically remember several examples where we DID in fact have the stomach for it and were successful.

What I want to know is WHY did it take THREE (3) days for Barry to address the nation about this incident and what was being done to protect America and Americans from Islamic Terrorism during this holiday season?

WHY so long? Bush was always out front and on camera pretty damned quick when incidents happened on his watch--even when he was working from Crawford, TX.

Now, I realize there is a larger time difference from Hawa'ii, but come on! Three days? :eusa_doh:

What I want to know is WHY did it take THREE (3) days for Barry to address the nation about this incident and what was being done to protect America and Americans from Islamic Terrorism during this holiday season?

WHY so long? Bush was always out front and on camera pretty damned quick when incidents happened on his watch--even when he was working from Crawford, TX.

Now, I realize there is a larger time difference from Hawa'ii, but come on! Three days? :eusa_doh:

Remember Obama just went on an apology tour...he had to wait to see what the reaction was from everyone else before he made his statement and get advice from DailyKOS so he didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Remember Obama just went on an apology tour...he had to wait to see what the reaction was from everyone else before he made his statement and get advice from DailyKOS so he didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Good point! :)

Wait.... I thought the world was gonna love us now.

al queda isn't "the world".
It's part of the world....

That was supposed to like us now. We'd all be safer, we were told.

Wait.... I thought the world was gonna love us now.

So much for us all holding hands singing Kumbya like the damn campaign commercials promised.
But.... But.... But....

The apology tours and all. The Peace prize. The bowing. The diplomacy.

None of it seems to be working. They act like they still wanna kill us!

We were told?

By who?

I recall Obama saying that the threat of terrorism still exists during the campaign and since his election. Several times. I don't recall him declaring the threat gone or that it is now all fluffy bunnies and kittens because of the "apology tour" or whatever you want to call his foreign policy.

Yes Obama has said it whenever he thought it politically expedient to do so, A15. The question is does he believe it, and based on his statements and actions it's damned hard to judge at times.

In case no one has yet informed the deranged loose cannon the explosive in quetion was PETN. Properly used it can damn well bring down an airplane. 2nd the best possible time to set off an explosion is on approach to the runway. Why? Because the crew has far less time to adjust to even relatively minor changes in an aircrafts flight charateristics for instance had the explosion only been small enough to rip a small hole in the aircrafts fuselage that could well have been enough to cause a crash on the runway when at altitude the crew might well have managed to get control and land.

A passenger headed to Detroit from Amsterdam on a Delta Airlines flight Friday ignited firecrackers upon landing in the Motor City, causing minor injuries to others on the plane, Fox News reported.

An emergency was declared aboard the flight, operated as Northwest flight 253, according to a Federal Aviation Administration spokesperson.

All 278 passengers on the Airbus A330 wide-body jet have since deplaned, Delta spokesperson Susan Elliott said. The FBI was on the scene.

It was not immediately clear if the suspect was subdued by crew or passengers.

Full Story.....................
Passenger Ignites Firecrackers on Delta Flight Headed to Detroit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I am sure this guy is looking at a laundry list of charges, to bad stupidity isn't a criminal offense.

I am sure there were a lot of terrified people on that plane, and technically this guy could and SHOULD be charged with an act of terrorism, since I am sure he made some of the passengers feel terrorized.

A President of the United States who is awoken immediately to be notified that he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize compared to the same President Of the United
States that wasn't notified of a failed terrorist attack on this county until 48 hours later.

CONGRATS YOU OBAMA MORONS.--:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back