Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
He was fully God and fully man. So I would recommend you try to comprehend how much YOU would have suffered knowing the following facts:
1. His beard was pulled out of his face;
2. He was beat with a cat of nine tails that had bones, rocks and metals imbedded in the whip;
3. He was crowned with a thorn of crowns;
4. He was spit on;
5. He was slapped;
6. He was forced to carry his own cross while bleeding profusely from the injuries he had sustained;
7. He was nailed with three nails---1 in his left above the wrist, 1 in the right above the wrist, 1 between two feet that were placed in an awkward position to cause the most pain possible
8. He was pierced through his side by the spear of a Roman soldier.
9. All of this took 6 hours to accomplish and then he proclaimed IT IS FINISHED. What do you think about his suffering now. I think he suffered immensely

Christ's agony on the cross was not just the physical agony of dying by crucifixion. He was dying for all the sins of mankind, and so he became sin itself. I think this is pretty much the worst thing imagineable.

Jesus left a beautiful paradise and came to earth to be born in a cow trough, live as a carpenter, was whipped with a cat-o-nine-tails, had His beard plucked ot, had a crown of thorns placed into His head, take on every disease upon Himself while on the cross, took upon Himself every sin and was separated from God, then after giving up His Spirit, went into hell to conquer satan and death. He suffered in ways that we cannot fathom.

Jesus left a beautiful paradise and came to earth to be born in a cow trough, live as a carpenter, was whipped with a cat-o-nine-tails, had His beard plucked ot, had a crown of thorns placed into His head, take on every disease upon Himself while on the cross, took upon Himself every sin and was separated from God, then after giving up His Spirit, went into hell to conquer satan and death. He suffered in ways that we cannot fathom.

The word beard is does not even appear in the new testament. There is no indication that his beard was pulled out- or that he even had a beard. No doubt it would have sucked to undergo a crucifixion. The whole taking on sin stuff is just metaphysical babble that doesn't mean anything to anyone who doesn't already accept the core concept of christianity. So the passion is really much more powerful as a tool to reinforce the belief of those who already are committed to the belief. This is why the movie did much better among already christian audiences.

As far as what he proclaimed, that just depends on who you read. "It is finished" only occurs in John. According to Luke his last words were, "Father unto your hands I commend my spirit", and according to Mathew and Mark his last words were "My god, my god, why have you forsaken me" which seems strange for a deity to say but perfectly reasonable for one who was thought to be annointed as an earthly leader (the true meaning of messiah). Not to mention that the gospels also disagree upon the time and who was there, etc...

that and his last words were why GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME THEN IT WAS FORGIVE THEM MY FATHER FOR THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DO. i know the pain he went throuh and why he did it you dont have to understand you dont have to know. I know where i'm going in the end and that is all that matters. And one person that made news went to go see that movie he had killed somone and after waching that movie he turn himself in. And others became christians after that movie.

Furthermore, Jesus' suffering was unnecessary since being all-powerful he could have forgiven the world without undergoing his torture. He could have avoided it by simply willing the sins of the world to be forgiven. The passion was superfluous. Or would you argue that he was not all-powerful?
I've wonder about similar things and come to the conclusion that the Jesus of this fable was a passive-aggressive type, that he was trying to instill guilt in order to manipulate the masses.

:eusa_eh:

Dealing like you is like speaking to a mentally handicapped three-year-old.

Do you mean dealing with a person like you. Is like speaking to a mentally handicapped three year old.

And three year old babies wouldnt even know how to spell the words that is being typed or couldnt even reach the keyboard. Just learn how to read point blank then we will all be fine.

Last edited:
Okay back to the movie. The movie was an awsome. I dont like subtitles but this movie was a great movie to wach. out of 10 stars it was rated a 7

You know, it's interesting how a movie like the passion likes to show vivid gory detail when doing so would support a particular point of view. I wonder if the christian community would be as accepting of a violent and bloody film showing children having their heads bashed against rocks, spilling their brains while animals, old men, and wives were butchered with knives at the command of Yahweh, sometimes followed by the caputure and enslavement of all the young virgins. Or perhaps a graphic depiction of the human sacrifice of Jepthah's daughter. Ritual sacrifice was pretty gruesome. Perhaps an exceedingly gory depiction of children being mauled by a bear sent by god because the children thought a prophet's bald head was funny. Instead of Moses declaring that the children should bring freedom to the people at the end of The Ten Commandments (which is not even close to what moses says in the bible), we could have the sequel show the genocidal extermination of hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children depicted in the bible while the Israelites claimed their "promised land". Don't cover it up. It's the word of god.

You know, it's interesting how a movie like the passion likes to show vivid gory detail when doing so would support a particular point of view. I wonder if the christian community would be as accepting of a violent and bloody film showing children having their heads bashed against rocks, spilling their brains while animals, old men, and wives were butchered with knives at the command of Yahweh, sometimes followed by the caputure and enslavement of all the young virgins. Or perhaps a graphic depiction of the human sacrifice of Jepthah's daughter. Ritual sacrifice was pretty gruesome. Perhaps an exceedingly gory depiction of children being mauled by a bear sent by god because the children thought a prophet's bald head was funny. Instead of Moses declaring that the children should bring freedom to the people at the end of The Ten Commandments (which is not even close to what moses says in the bible), we could have the sequel show the genocidal extermination of hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children depicted in the bible while the Israelites claimed their "promised land". Don't cover it up. It's the word of god.
Not to mention an auto-da-fé

I'M going to make a safe guss and say that your not a christian. THE MOVIE WAS GREAT NONE CHRISTIANS WENT TO GO SEE THAT MOVIE. My uncle dont belieave in GOD and he thought it was a good movie. He sat down and wached it with me. But I bet you and among others wach scary moives with blood and killing and rape. Movies are made movies are wached but this Movie was made by a christian man. Lets say GOD isnt real still is a good movie rather or not he his. But in fact he is real.

Last edited:
that and his last words were why GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME THEN IT WAS FORGIVE THEM MY FATHER FOR THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DO. i know the pain he went throuh and why he did it you dont have to understand you dont have to know. I know where i'm going in the end and that is all that matters. And one person that made news went to go see that movie he had killed somone and after waching that movie he turn himself in. And others became christians after that movie.

That's his last words in Luke. In Matthew and Mark it is, "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me". In John it is, "It is finished". They don't agree. Just like they don't agree on the time or the day. In the synoptics, the last supper is the passover meal. In John it states the passover meal had not been eaten. John also states that it was the 6th hour (noon) when Jesus was crucified, while mark says the 3rd hour (around 9:00).

I'M going to make a safe guss and say that your not a christian. THE MOVIE WAS GREAT NONE CHRISTIANS WENT TO GO SEE THAT MOVIE. My uncle dont belieave in GOD and he thought it was a good movie. He sat down and wached it with me. But I bet you and among others wach scary moives with blood and killing and rape. Movies are made movies are wached but this Movie was made by a christian man. Lets say GOD isnt real still is a good movie rather or not he his. But in fact he is real.

Sadists all over the world thought it was a good movie. You can guess what you like about me, but it doesn't affect any points I've made. Primarily because whether I believe the events in the bible are true or not, I have presented my points using your premise that the bible is true. Your bet that I watch scary movies with blood, killing, and rape is completely baseless. I've made no wild assumptions about your nature, character, or what activities you engage in to make my points. I've been neither rude toward you personally nor have I disparaged you with unsupported projections. And the christian man who made that movie was also arrested for dui and made a large number of anti-semetic comments. I've never had a dui and I have never been anti-semetic. Yet you disparage me and praise him. Perhaps you should reconsider whether your basis of "christian" for determining the quality of an individual might not lead you to some erroneous conclusions.

Sadists all over the world thought it was a good movie. You can guess what you like about me, but it doesn't affect any points I've made. Primarily because whether I believe the events in the bible are true or not, I have presented my points using your premise that the bible is true. Your bet that I watch scary movies with blood, killing, and rape is completely baseless. I've made no wild assumptions about your nature, character, or what activities you engage in to make my points. I've been neither rude toward you personally nor have I disparaged you with unsupported projections. And the christian man who made that movie was also arrested for dui and made a large number of anti-semetic comments. I've never had a dui and I have never been anti-semetic. Yet you disparage me and praise him. Perhaps you should reconsider whether your basis of "christian" for determining the quality of an individual might not lead you to some erroneous conclusions.

You made comment about christians and You said you bet they sit down and wach those kind of movies with blood and bashing kids brains against a rock. YOU as person I dont know you. You may be a nice person. The topic of this is about the movie. The point I was trying to make is that I can safely guss your not a christian because those who are not tend to bash on us christians and think its no big deal how jesus died or why he died. So I never said anything about you. You can belieave or not. It has no matter to me. All I know is I am CHRISTIAN FAITHFULL TO MY LORD PRAISE HIM. I spread his word I love him he has been there for in all the wrongs done to me. through home to home homeless as a child my dad hitting me my aunt hitting me calling me names. And being touched GOD HAS BEEN THERE. And for someone to say YOUR GOD ANIT REAL when you have seen his work at hand yes it upsets me. When someone call out his name in vain yes I get upset. Thats only because of what he has done for me before I was born till now. Without the lord my life as I know it may not be the life as I know it almost dieing at the age of ten I had an hr to live the dr said so. God was there. My grandmother that passed away on my 22 brithday I heard the song played at her funeral 11 years passed I head it again. Nothing against you like I said I dont know you. You have your right to live it the way you see fit I want to live my life the way GOD sees fit. Nothing wrong with that nothing at all.

the bible commands it

for one, the end was to come before the generation died, including one of the disciples. This did not happened. Thus, he is a false prophet in addition to already being shown to be a sinner.

Oh JB, since you've been harping this all over the forum, without giving a reason for it, I think it deserves it's own post

You made comment about christians and You said you bet they sit down and wach those kind of movies with blood and bashing kids brains against a rock. YOU as person I dont know you. You may be a nice person. The topic of this is about the movie. The point I was trying to make is that I can safely guss your not a christian because those who are not tend to bash on us christians and think its no big deal how jesus died or why he died. So I never said anything about you. You can belieave or not. It has no matter to me. All I know is I am CHRISTIAN FAITHFULL TO MY LORD PRAISE HIM. I spread his word I love him he has been there for in all the wrongs done to me. through home to home homeless as a child my dad hitting me my aunt hitting me calling me names. And being touched GOD HAS BEEN THERE. And for someone to say YOUR GOD ANIT REAL when you have seen his work at hand yes it upsets me. When someone call out his name in vain yes I get upset. Thats only because of what he has done for me before I was born till now. Without the lord my life as I know it may not be the life as I know it almost dieing at the age of ten I had an hr to live the dr said so. God was there. My grandmother that passed away on my 22 brithday I heard the song played at her funeral 11 years passed I head it again. Nothing against you like I said I dont know you. You have your right to live it the way you see fit I want to live my life the way GOD sees fit. Nothing wrong with that nothing at all.

You are bearing false witness. I did not accuse you of watching those movies, or christians of watching those movies. I wondered how christians would react if a movie depicted those biblical scenes as graphically as the movie "Passion" presented its scenes of violence. I did not say there was anything wrong with you holding your beliefs. I presented information found in the bible. I never said "YOUR GOD ANIT REAL" (sic). I'm sorry bad things happened in your life. I personally would want to ask if god has been there, then why didn't he stop some of those terrible things? But that's a discussion for another time.

My point was related to the movie. The entire idea behind my posts was that the movie was gratuitously violent not to be accurate- it was out of context and overemphasised- but to promote a particular theological view. It was propoganda basically. That's all I was saying. You can hold to your views and I know from experience that nothing I say will change them. So I'm not trying to. I just support my case, and if the fact that I can support my position with strong arguments makes you feel like your faith is being attacked or disputes your beliefs, then that does not mean my position was intended to attack your belief.

If I have said anything untrue, then point it out and support your position. If you cannot find falsehood in what I say, then what I say is true. And if what I say is true, then how can saying it attack your belief in god unless your god is not a god of truth? And use actual quotes rather than paraphrasing or accusing me of saying things which I have, in fact, not said.

That's his last words in Luke. In Matthew and Mark it is, "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me". In John it is, "It is finished". They don't agree. Just like they don't agree on the time or the day. In the synoptics, the last supper is the passover meal. In John it states the passover meal had not been eaten. John also states that it was the 6th hour (noon) when Jesus was crucified, while mark says the 3rd hour (around 9:00).

N4, you have many witnesses that recorded what they either heard themselves or were told. None of them disagree, it's just different words heard by different people.

lol and if they all said they heard the very same thing at the same time, you would claim they were all copying each other.

And would you please post the scripture locations that you're talking about? Would appreciate it :) thanks...or are you using the same internet lists that JB uses?

Why don't you two come up with ONE problem you have with the Bible instead of slapping a list up without paying any attention to the responses? I don't have time to go on your wild rabbit chases. I'll do my best to answer. There are some mysteries, there are some things we're not supposed to know, but most of these kinds of posts are just anything you can slap up from an internet source.

Pick ONE please, and stand by it.

The point I was trying to make is that I can safely guss your not a christian because those who are not tend to bash on us christians and think its no big deal how jesus died or why he died. So I never said anything about you.

Another thing I wanted to say about this. I didn't "bash" christians. And when you say I don't think it's a big deal how or why Jesus died, I would ask you to consider that I was the one who questioned why Jesus had to die when he had the power to forgive without being tortured. I think that is a big deal. You were the one who said it was okay not to understand why.

Forum List

Back