Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I find it sad that you feel that the majority of the world's population is hellbound.

Luckily, the Bible is a work of fiction.

Xotoxi, what I believe doesn't make it so, it's what is.

Whatever the truth is, and there is only one, it is what it is.

I have learned in my life from so many ways that the Bible is remarkable, dependable and true. And when I applied it to my life, my life changed radically for the good. And when I took a step of faith and did things trusting in it, my gosh, I will never doubt it, ever.

God IS. And He is Holy. And He will not mix with sin.

I was rife with sin. And I wanted to know God. And He sent His Son, Himself in the flesh, to make a bridge that I and anyone else that wants to come, can come.

If you have no desire to know God, that's your choice, it breaks His heart, it saddens everyone that knows God and knows someone that has rejected God, it saddens them terribly, but they will not deny their source of joy and the Words of Life just because somebody else hates or rejects or mocks God.

We can't. We know Him. We know He IS. I could no more deny Him than I could deny the air I breathe. But I am sorry that seems to anger you?

I'm glad that happened for you. I would like to focus on this statement for a second:

If you have no desire to know God, that's your choice, it breaks His heart, it saddens everyone that knows God and knows someone that has rejected God, it saddens them terribly, but they will not deny their source of joy and the Words of Life just because somebody else hates or rejects or mocks God.

Do you consider Jews and Muslims as individuals who know God? They worship God.

What about the Dalai Lama and other Buddhists? Do they hate, reject, or mock God? Are they rejecting God?

Why do you think all of these religions exist? Did humankind create a bunch of false religions, and God himself created one true religion: Christianity?

Or could God have created all of these religions, for a variety of different peoples based on where they live and what their livelihood was in ancient times? And that the belief in a religion and in spirituality, whether you are praying to "God" or to some other higher power, regardless of the religion that you follow, would make God pleased?

Xotoxi, I used to believe that. I used to think for someone to think their gift to God was better than somebody else's gift to God was terribly arrogant. But then I got dragged to a Bible Study and for the first time, I think, I started to grasp Who God is. I had always had a relationship with God but in honesty, I don't know if I would have been "saved" in those days or not. Because I had no clue who He was and even smaller understanding of what He considered to be sin.

But after being born again, committing my life to Him...the Bible says God reveals Himself to those who love and obey Him. How can we love and obey Him if we have never met Him?

It became a (G rated) intimate relationship that grows ever deeper. He honestly indwells us.

And as far as all the other religions and beliefs, the thing is, God never left any of them, they left Him. Since Adam and Eve, God has been there, and we as humans have continually left Him. Even the Jews left Him over and over and over again, but they were the chosen people from which God would send His Son, so God always had His hand on the Jews, they never got very far.

God never left a single one of us, we left Him. And now He has sent His Son to buy us all back from the many ways we have corrupted ourselves and this world.

Think of it! On the one hand people blame God for all the wickedness in the world and on the other hand they accuse Him for not allowing all of us with all our sins into heaven to continue the destruction!

I don't understand all of it, I don't, there are mysteries like the Trinity that I don't understand. But I DO know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter who you are or what you have done, God is all about longing for His people to come home! He has left so many of us here, though so many of us are praying GOD COME! we are told to remain and suffer in this world because of those who do not know Him yet. And to tell them. And to love them and to invite them.

And I am sorry I get sucked into the sarcasm and the laughing and so much stuff that I can be so convicted by the Holy Spirit, but hopefully I'm growing. I will try to improve. Honest. God willing, I will.

I suspect JenT and Allie Baba belong to one of those cults that convince their members that they must convert others in order to insure a place in heaven for themselves. That's why they are unable to respect boundaries. They are too anxious about the need to meet conversion quotas to realize what pains in the asses they are.

I think that sounds like the Jehovah's Witnesses, and nope, not a JW. I just can't deny my Lord and Savior or what He said, Anguille. It gives me no pleasure [eta] to talk about hell with unbelievers. (end eta)

But LOL, as far as boundaries, (checking title of the thread) I'm not about conversion quotas at all. It IS way cool, though, when God tells you to wait for someone and they show up and you have the most amazing anointed conversations of your life.

Being in the center of His will, there is no greater rush.

Last edited:
God is all about longing for His people to come home!
Sounds like your God is a loser who needs to get a life.
Any god worth believing in would love everyone regardless if they believed in him or not. Because that is what a truly superior being would do, love us all unconditionally.

God is all about longing for His people to come home!
Sounds like your God is a loser who needs to get a life.
Any god worth believing in would love everyone regardless if they believed in him or not. Because that is what a truly superior being would do, love us all unconditionally.

I keep repeating this. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. What greater love is that?

But I think what you're missing is GOD IS HOLY. He will not mix with sin. And to be in Him is to mix with Him. He does not enter unless we allow Christ to wash us of all sin. That is done by receiving Him, by allowing God permission to come into our lives and be Lord over it. HE LONGS to do this with all of us! The Christian has NOTHING to boast about having done of their own! In fact, we come as we are, full of sin, and He cleanses us, do we then walk perfectly in Him? WE FALL DOWN ALL THE TIME but we get back up, ask His forgiveness and ask Him to help us to stop whatever sin He has chosen for us to give up.

God loves us all but He will NOT mix with our sin. And without Him, well, it's just better with Him, lets put it that way :)

I suspect JenT and Allie Baba belong to one of those cults that convince their members that they must convert others in order to insure a place in heaven for themselves. That's why they are unable to respect boundaries. They are too anxious about the need to meet conversion quotas to realize what pains in the asses they are.
They are. This is a fact. They have admitted this.

They are. This is a fact. They have admitted this.

? Really? when? why was I not informed?

the bible commands it

for one, the end was to come before the generation died, including one of the disciples. This did not happened. Thus, he is a false prophet in addition to already being shown to be a sinner.

AwSOME MOVIE OWN IT. Very sad and it touched my heart I agree with you that I always knew GOD sent his only son to die for my sins. But I never thought how bad he went through till I Wached this movie. Yes it is just a movie but it is what really happend to him. Not going to wast my time with those bashing the lord. Because your a wast of time if you dont think he is real then so be it. But you dont have to bash us that do its a choice. You have yours and I have we have ours.

cryed at that part they beat him nearly to death and he had to carry his own cross. The other criminal's didn't get that kind of treatment. The only reason why jesus did was because he was calling him self KING of his people son of GOD. Think what you wish apone our faith the great thing about it. is you can't take it away. You can do anything you want. To try to destroy our love for GOD.

The movie told a great story the bio. Of jesus and what he did for his son's and daughter's even for those who have turn away from him. From those who bash his name. Those that taunt him. You will see in the end what us christians have been talking about when the world as we know it ends. Then maybe then you would think back and say I wish I would have listen or maybe not maybe hell is a better place for you and want to go I dont know your fate. But GOD does.

LOVE HIM OR NOT STAND UP AND BY HIM OR NOT CALL HIM YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER OR NOT. IT IS A CHOICE ONLY YOU CAN MAKE.

worldrel.gif

there are more GOD believers then none.... in the world

Last edited:
MY POINT IS THIS. there are more GOD FEARING PEOPLE THEN NOT. that is my point what part of that didnt you understand. And just because you and some others say it isnt true dont mean what you say is true. That works both ways

AwSOME MOVIE OWN IT. Very sad and it touched my heart I agree with you that I always knew GOD sent his only son to die for my sins. But I never thought how bad he went through till I Wached this movie. Yes it is just a movie but it is what really happend to him. Not going to wast my time with those bashing the lord. Because your a wast of time if you dont think he is real then so be it. But you dont have to bash us that do its a choice. You have yours and I have we have ours.

cryed at that part they beat him nearly to death and he had to carry his own cross. The other criminal's didn't get that kind of treatment. The only reason why jesus did was because he was calling him self KING of his people son of GOD. Think what you wish apone our faith the great thing about it. is you can't take it away. You can do anything you want. To try to destroy our love for GOD.

The movie told a great story the bio. Of jesus and what he did for his son's and daughter's even for those who have turn away from him. From those who bash his name. Those that taunt him. You will see in the end what us christians have been talking about when the world as we know it ends. Then maybe then you would think back and say I wish I would have listen or maybe not maybe hell is a better place for you and want to go I dont know your fate. But GOD does.

LOVE HIM OR NOT STAND UP AND BY HIM OR NOT CALL HIM YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER OR NOT. IT IS A CHOICE ONLY YOU CAN MAKE.

worldrel.gif

there are more GOD believers then none.... in the world

Yes, it was horrible but horrible was commonplace at the time. At least it was a fairly short period of suffering. How about Giordano Bruno. He was imprisoned, tortured and interrogated for about seven years before being found guilty. After being found guilty, an iron spike was shoved through his tongue and another was shoved through his palette- to silence his lying devil tongue. Then he was stripped and dragged through town and burned alive. Then, he didn't even get the decent burial of Jesus, his ashes were just dumped in a river.

This was because he refused to recant his personal dedication to his scientific beliefs and their implications and the church felt threatened. He made a sacrifice which was even more impressive than Jesus, since being divine meant that Jesus "knew" paradise would await him, but Bruno had no such assurances. Nevertheless he underwent all of these horrible things to stand up for the principles of scientific knowledge.

Forum List

Back