Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
...when a "Jesus Freak" is faced with those things, that's when they remember that without Christ there is eternal suffering.

Does that mean that all Buddhists will burn in hell for eternity?

The Bible says there is no way but through Christ.

If there was any other way, why would Christ's sacrifice be necessary?

I believe the Bible.

Christians have a messiah complex

and yes, they convince themselves that everyone else will pay. That's why they made so many references to Rome in Revelation and all that fun stuff

Christians have a messiah complex

and yes, they convince themselves that everyone else will pay. That's why they made so many references to Rome in Revelation and all that fun stuff

What do you mean by Messiah complex?

And the words "Rome" nor "Roman" appears anywhere in Revelation, no clue what you're talking about

I was surprised that I didn't even notice it was subtitled after a few minutes into the movie

You speak Latin and Aramaic that well, JB?

I speak neither. However, when I looked back on the movie even later that day, I did not remember reading the text; I remembered them speaking English and did not 'picture' words on the screen at all. I had to ask the people around me whether it had been in English beyond the beginning, but they insisted that it was not. I later watched it again and only realized it was subbed when I made a note of it or came cleft for a time and returned. My brain apparently put it altogether before I was even conscious of it.

Kinda like when people watch subbed Anime'. I was surprised, though, because it only seems to work that way some of the time. I don't know whether it has to do with the languages involved, the color of the text, the level of interest, or what. I am aware of no studies on the subject.

There was once exception: 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani'

I suspect I distinctly heard this not in English because I was already familiar with it

Didn't see it. Subject matter has been done before and wasn't interested in seeing it. Thought Apocalypto was great though...

Mel may be a closet anti-semite with a weird take on Catholicism, but the dude knows how to make movies....

Didn't see it. Subject matter has been done before and wasn't interested in seeing it. Thought Apocalypto was great though...

Mel may be a closet anti-semite with a weird take on Catholicism, but the dude knows how to make movies....

Or at least how to make money... :)

I was surprised that I didn't even notice it was subtitled after a few minutes into the movie

You speak Latin and Aramaic that well, JB?

I speak neither. However, when I looked back on the movie even later that day, I did not remember reading the text; I remembered them speaking English and did not 'picture' words on the screen at all. I had to ask the people around me whether it had been in English beyond the beginning, but they insisted that it was not. I later watched it again and only realized it was subbed when I made a note of it or came cleft for a time and returned. My brain apparently put it altogether before I was even conscious of it.

Kinda like when people watch subbed Anime'. I was surprised, though, because it only seems to work that way some of the time. I don't know whether it has to do with the languages involved, the color of the text, the level of interest, or what. I am aware of no studies on the subject.

And that's really all you see in that? :eusa_angel:

...when a "Jesus Freak" is faced with those things, that's when they remember that without Christ there is eternal suffering.

I believe the Bible.

I find it sad that you feel that the majority of the world's population is hellbound.

Luckily, the Bible is a work of fiction.

You know, Jen, you're tright! It happened with Chobits, too! and Ghost in the Shell! Clearly, it's the machines! The machines want us to know they're sentient, and I was moved by the Spirit of the Machines! :rolleyes:

Don't work w/ Spanish, though.

I believe the Bible.

I find it sad that you feel that the majority of the world's population is hellbound.

Xotoxi, what I believe doesn't make it so, it's what is.

Whatever the truth is, and there is only one, it is what it is.

I have learned in my life from so many ways that the Bible is remarkable, dependable and true. And when I applied it to my life, my life changed radically for the good. And when I took a step of faith and did things trusting in it, my gosh, I will never doubt it, ever.

God IS. And He is Holy. And He will not mix with sin.

I was rife with sin. And I wanted to know God. And He sent His Son, Himself in the flesh, to make a bridge that I and anyone else that wants to come, can come.

If you have no desire to know God, that's your choice, it breaks His heart, it saddens everyone that knows God and knows someone that has rejected God, it saddens them terribly, but they will not deny their source of joy and the Words of Life just because somebody else hates or rejects or mocks God.

We can't. We know Him. We know He IS. I could no more deny Him than I could deny the air I breathe. But I am sorry that seems to anger you?

Exactly. People who have a problem with Christians think we're the ones who came up with the concept.

We're not. God won't punish the unsaved because we want him to, or because we don't. He'll punish them because he's righteous and he said he would.

It has nothing to do with what we want. Our job is to try to save people.

Allie, exactly back atcha. It's like if you see a train about to come and hit someone and they're playing on the tracks and can't hear it, do you just stand there and watch it happen? You'd have to hate that person to just stand there silently.

But JB, you never answered, what do you mean when you say all Christians have a Messiah complex? thanks in advance.

Agnapostate, word riddles? lol

Last edited:

I believe the Bible.

Xotoxi, what I believe doesn't make it so, it's what is.

Whatever the truth is, and there is only one, it is what it is.

I have learned in my life from so many ways that the Bible is remarkable, dependable and true. And when I applied it to my life, my life changed radically for the good. And when I took a step of faith and did things trusting in it, my gosh, I will never doubt it, ever.

God IS. And He is Holy. And He will not mix with sin.

I was rife with sin. And I wanted to know God. And He sent His Son, Himself in the flesh, to make a bridge that I and anyone else that wants to come, can come.

If you have no desire to know God, that's your choice, it breaks His heart, it saddens everyone that knows God and knows someone that has rejected God, it saddens them terribly, but they will not deny their source of joy and the Words of Life just because somebody else hates or rejects or mocks God.

We can't. We know Him. We know He IS. I could no more deny Him than I could deny the air I breathe. But I am sorry that seems to anger you?

I'm glad that happened for you. I would like to focus on this statement for a second:

Do you consider Jews and Muslims as individuals who know God? They worship God.

What about the Dalai Lama and other Buddhists? Do they hate, reject, or mock God? Are they rejecting God?

Why do you think all of these religions exist? Did humankind create a bunch of false religions, and God himself created one true religion: Christianity?

Or could God have created all of these religions, for a variety of different peoples based on where they live and what their livelihood was in ancient times? And that the belief in a religion and in spirituality, whether you are praying to "God" or to some other higher power, regardless of the religion that you follow, would make God pleased?

I suspect JenT and Allie Baba belong to one of those cults that convince their members that they must convert others in order to insure a place in heaven for themselves. That's why they are unable to respect boundaries. They are too anxious about the need to meet conversion quotas to realize what pains in the asses they are.

I think Anguille trolls threads where Christians attempt to have civilized discussions about their love for God, and when they respond to her in like fashion, feels smug and justified in being bigoted against them.

If you're not like Rousas John Rushdoony, you'll probably have the same fate as the lukewarm Laodiceans, Allie.

Forum List

Back