Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Agna, I think it's disingenuous to claim the early church was "Catholic",

Except that is what they called themselves.

Any more ignorance you wish to trot out on display for all?

if you want to parse words I think I'd rather go fold laundry, bbl

Pointing out that the early Christians called themselves Catholics is parsing words?

I think not. Try again.

Yeah. All those early Christians being fed to the lions were Catholics.
:cuckoo:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about your ignorance of Christianity. But this is simply stupid beyond belief. After the development of orthodox Christianity, and aside from the split with the Greek Orthodox Church, what other major branch existed prior to the development of Protestantism that mirrored the sectarian differences within Christianity today? :rolleyes:

That's not the argument. The argument is whether the Catholic church was solely representative of every Christian on earth.

It wasn't. As soon as it moved to the point where it claimed you needed intervention to reach God, it left Christianity behind it. And not every Christian that existed belonged to the church.

Appeal to ridicule.

Yet again you demonstrate that you have no intelligent rebuttal. My conclusions stand unchallenged.

You know, it's a symptom of mental illness to believe you're always right. Your conclusions have been challenged. And they are flimsy besides.

Yeah, that's it.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Christian world was 100 percent Catholic between 300 ad and 1800.

What other major Christian sect aside from Roman Catholicism existed after the defeat of the Gnostic sects (thus forming the basis for modern orthodox Christianity from about Athanasius beyond), and prior to the formation of Protestantism?

Agna, I think it's disingenuous to claim the early church was "Catholic", they were just Christians at first, "little Christs"

Well, at the time of the "early church" when the book of Acts was written, there was already splintering occurring that would later develop into full Gnosticism (I've told AllieBabble about the Marcionites and the Ebionites before, but she was of course ignorant), but the sect from which all other Christian sects were to develop (what Bart Ehrman has termed the "proto-orthodox" sect) was "Catholic" in nature in that no other sects existed. The branch of Christianity that would later be called "Catholic" was the only form to exist for centuries.

And I have never understood why the Catholics would change the meaning of the word "saints" which Paul used to call ALL BELIEVERS, to just the ones the Catholic Church cannonized.

It was actions like that that caused me to stop going to mass (though again, many born agains in the Catholic Church)

I couldn't say, but modern Catholics are rather ignorant of significant portions of the Bible, choosing instead to apply "tradition." For example, mention to them Matthew 1:24-25 ("Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son" (implying that he did "know" her after that point)), and they'll act like they got a lap dance from a tranny stripper. :eusa_angel:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about your ignorance of Christianity. But this is simply stupid beyond belief. After the development of orthodox Christianity, and aside from the split with the Greek Orthodox Church, what other major branch existed prior to the development of Protestantism that mirrored the sectarian differences within Christianity today? :rolleyes:

That's not the argument. The argument is whether the Catholic church was solely representative of every Christian on earth.

It wasn't. As soon as it moved to the point where it claimed you needed intervention to reach God, it left Christianity behind it. And not every Christian that existed belonged to the church.
Protestant revisionism...

LOL the Koran is not God's rebuttal of Christianity, but Allahs, HUGE difference.

Where are the prophesies in the Koran, seven? Christ fulfilled many, Mohammed...not so much.
No, it's just the language. Allah is Arabic for "God." It is a common mistake.

God (English) = Got (German) = Dios (Spanish) = Deu (French) = Deus (Latin) = Elah (Aramaic) = Allah (Arabic)

It's all the same word.

Mohammed is explicit, Allah is the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Ishamael, the God of the Moses, the God of Jesus.

You want Islamic prophesy? Have at it! And some more. A little bit extra.

Allah does mean god, but "God" in the west is indicative of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they are not the same god.

I have been looking and I have never been able to find where it says Allah loves his people. All "love" is the love that Muslims are to have for him, and the only guarantee they have to get into heaven is to die for Allah.

In Christianity, God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever would believe would have everlasting life...and God died for His own.

Fairly opposite. And apparently Islamic leaders know it because it means death to become a Christian.
So you don't think Muslims believe in the God of Abraham, when they directly worship the God of Abraham in their daily prayers?

If a Muslim dies for the God of Abraham, is he ignored and condemned to hell?
:confused:

Last edited:
The Spanish Inquisition was the Catholic Church and the political forces of the day. Not "Christianity".

The Catholic Church was the *only* major form of Christianity existent for centuries before the Protestant schism.

Yes. Which is why many of them were Canonized into Saints. Only Catholics can be canonized, as Protestants have fallen from the true path. Tis unfortunate...but I am certain God will take pity upon you, and cleanse your heretical ways in Purgatory.

Last edited:
Now you're just being silly. Jesus told us we didn't need intervention, and practiced full immersion baptism. Catholics make Jesus weep, I reckon.

Catholic means "Universal" in Greek. This is because the Catholic Church holds sway over all of Christendom, even over those, like yourself, who have fallen away.

The fact is that Jesus made Peter the cornerstone of his Church, and that Peter's unbroken line of successors live in Rome. Protestants have turned their backs on Jesus for their own selfish gains. How can one have a personal belief system when there is only one God, one Jesus?

No, there must be just one Christian morality, the Catholic morality, and one interpretation of the Bible, the Catholic interpretation. Why? Because as God and Jesus are one, there must be only one Apostalic Catholic Church.

We must unite behind God's living apostle, the descendant of Peter, the Pope.

pope_benedict_XVI_in_robes.jpg

You think I'm being silly, but thousands upon thousands of heretics and sinners have died attempting to overthrow Jesus's natural order, and it needs to stop. Christianity must unite behind Rome, in the love of Jesus, once and for all. Or else they shall find themselves banned from New Jerusalem.

The director of The Passion of the Christ, Mel Gibson, knows this to be true. He is a hardcore Catholic, even attending the Mass in sacred Latin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back