🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Pastor Mike Sperou Faces Child Sex Charges After 7 Women Accuse Him Of Abuse"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Pastor Mike Sperou Faces Child Sex Charges After 7 Women Accuse Him Of Abuse

"An Oregon pastor was charged 18 years after several women accused him of sexually abusing them as minors.

Michael Sperou, 64, faces three felonies for unlawful sexual penetration of people under 12, according to KOIN. Seven women have lived in frustration since their complaints about the Happy Valley pastor in the 1990s went unanswered.

Now, prosecutors are taking a second look at those complaints. Sperou, who was arrested last June, is accused of sexually abusing women -- who ranged in age from 11 to 16 at the time -- in the Southeast Bible Church community, which is now known as the North Clackamas Bible Community, the Oregonian reports.

Jury selection began in his case this week. Prosecutors found that the statute of limitations had expired on most of the women's cases, but Sperou was charged based on new allegations by 28-year-old Shannon Clark. The victim said she withheld information from investigators in 1997 because she thought the community was on Sperou's side."

I wish these stories wouldn't be posted because we'll see the same bunch here, all posting that its not true.

Or, they'll say the girls were plenty old enough, the age of consent is low in some places so he should get off.

And the worst, they'll want to give him his own reality show - Duck Dynasty. Or, he will become a RW hero like Nugent, misunderstood like David Koresh and on and on and on.

Doesn't matter because this bucket of slime will get away with it and be back in time to preach against marriage equality between consenting adults.

Oh really? Show me where a certain bunch has done such a thing under similar accusations. If you haven't backed up your accusations by tomorrow afternoon, I will be responding.
I wish these stories wouldn't be posted because we'll see the same bunch here, all posting that its not true.

Or, they'll say the girls were plenty old enough, the age of consent is low in some places so he should get off.

And the worst, they'll want to give him his own reality show - Duck Dynasty. Or, he will become a RW hero like Nugent, misunderstood like David Koresh and on and on and on.

Doesn't matter because this bucket of slime will get away with it and be back in time to preach against marriage equality between consenting adults.

"The suspect admitted to police in 1997 that he encouraged minors to stay with him in his bed at his private residence, according to Raw Story. He denied raping them, but allegedly admitted to touching them inappropriately. Prosecutors at the time reportedly didn't think they had enough evidence to win the case, and it was dropped."

Wow... Isn't "touching [minors] inappropriately" in and of itself a crime? And how the hell is his own admission "not enough evidence" to win a case? An /actual/ example of corruption without any spin??

Oh really? Show me where a certain bunch has done such a thing under similar accusations. If you haven't backed up your accusations by tomorrow afternoon, I will be responding.

Read any of the threads about the names I listed.

"The suspect admitted to police in 1997 that he encouraged minors to stay with him in his bed at his private residence, according to Raw Story. He denied raping them, but allegedly admitted to touching them inappropriately. Prosecutors at the time reportedly didn't think they had enough evidence to win the case, and it was dropped."

Wow... Isn't "touching [minors] inappropriately" in and of itself a crime? And how the hell is his own admission "not enough evidence" to win a case? An /actual/ example of corruption without any spin??
Sexual battery without penetration is a lesser charge. It's all about limiting jail time now.

You said the same bunch here. Now, give us links.
Show me where the rw's here support child molestation.

I only post ones when the perpetrator's a trusted person as with clergy. Can't let our guard against this kind of thing wane and old attutudes of "he's ok, he's a pastor" come back to the fore. Being a pastor doesn't make you any safer with kids. If anything, being a pastor who works with kids makes you more suspect, not less.

I only post ones when the perpetrator's a trusted person as with clergy. Can't let our guard against this kind of thing wane and old attutudes of "he's ok, he's a pastor" come back to the fore. Being a pastor doesn't make you any safer with kids. If anything, being a pastor who works with kids makes you more suspect, not less.
So you admit you only care when kids are buggered by church pastors and your presumption of guilt makes you even more disgusting.

You said the same bunch here. Now, give us links.
Show me where the rw's here support child molestation.

I didn't say "rw's" and I didn't say "support child molestation".

See that screen you're reading from?

Scroll to the top, click on search, put in the search terms I bolded above and read for yourself.

Do that or don't, as you wish - but I'm not doing it for you.

So you admit you only care when kids are buggered by church pastors and your presumption of guilt makes you even more disgusting.

You guys only read every fifth word or something?

No, my post addresses your bigoted idiocy succinctly.

Says the religious nitwit defending other nitwits.

He didn't read any of your post.

He's just spewing his usual lies.

I want to know why some posters refuse to speak out against some child predators? Since saintmichaeldefendthem is one of those, perhaps he would like to address that?

Sorry I won't be around to read it though.

Why do you disagree with what he wrote?

Do you think church pastors should get a past and that, just because they work for a church, we should let our guard down?

Or, are you saying that you disagree that where we will always find child predators is where children already are?

Blech. The way you fake christians want to protect your slimy preachers at the expense of their "flock" is disgusting. Needless to say, I'm including the catholics.

IMO, child predators should be branded on their foreheads.

But that's just me.

:night:

Sexual battery without penetration is a lesser charge. It's all about limiting jail time now.

Oh I get the limiting jail time part, but in this case they fucking dropped the case entirely, not even GIVING him the jail time he deserved. That's corruption if you ask me.
Or a lack of lawful options. I've seen Law and Order SVU episodes on this very thing, dealing with a serial child molester who is difficult to charge because most of his victims are outside the statute of limitations. A crime like this should be treated like murder, no statute of limitations, because it's a crime that kills people on the inside.

Prosecutors have a deep sense of justice and a zeal to go after assholes like this. If ADA Casey Novak can find a way, so can these guys.

Ah... another case of media twisting. Found another story here that explains why they dropped the case in 97 ~ Save A Child from Sexual Abuse by 3 15 PM Christian Pastor to Face Charges of Child Sex Abuse He Escaped From in 1990s

So he didn't admit to "touching them inappropriately" in 1997, he said he probably had [implies accidently] put his hands under the girls shirts while hugging them - rather than as blatantly as the original article implies. Also says that he "could have" touched one of the girls panties, but meant nothing by it.

Still idk it seems that the adult church members had confronted him about "touching the girls inappropriately when he had been drunk and wasn't aware of what he was doing." So basically the parents ended up blowing the case by saying he wasn't aware what he was doing.

Pastor Mike Sperou Faces Child Sex Charges After 7 Women Accuse Him Of Abuse

"An Oregon pastor was charged 18 years after several women accused him of sexually abusing them as minors.

Michael Sperou, 64, faces three felonies for unlawful sexual penetration of people under 12, according to KOIN. Seven women have lived in frustration since their complaints about the Happy Valley pastor in the 1990s went unanswered.

Now, prosecutors are taking a second look at those complaints. Sperou, who was arrested last June, is accused of sexually abusing women -- who ranged in age from 11 to 16 at the time -- in the Southeast Bible Church community, which is now known as the North Clackamas Bible Community, the Oregonian reports.

Jury selection began in his case this week. Prosecutors found that the statute of limitations had expired on most of the women's cases, but Sperou was charged based on new allegations by 28-year-old Shannon Clark. The victim said she withheld information from investigators in 1997 because she thought the community was on Sperou's side."

Abstinence is a wonderful theory that ignores Human Hormone Science.

The ones leading this movement have a kid sit on their lap and they rape due to hormone overload. Not all, just a large noted group. The ones not noted are probably bigger.

The Church needs to stop fighting against Birth Control in hopes everyone can be Abstinent.

I see where you're going AntiParty, but I'm not sure "abstinence increases ones propensity to rape" is a logical argument. One would hope that the abstinent would turn to masturbation before rape; now if that fails to sate and they do progress to rape, then the problem is not longer hormonal, but moral and mental deficiency (though perhaps with the assistance of drinking/drugs in this particular case.)

Additionally is not sex drive part and parcel of the growth hormone? Considering this pastor would have been 46 at the time of the alleged incident, I would question a /hormone overload/ driving his action, plus he was married right? I'd imagine had access to his wife...

That said, I agree the church should stop fighting birth control, though my reasoning is more along the lines of parents, who do not want to be parents, make terrible parents... Further, to expect abstinence in this day and age is a bit... unrealistic and foolish. But we're talking about churches so...

Forum List

Back