pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Jun 21, 2013
North Carolina
Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

How on Earth does praying on a beach constitute the state endorsing a religion?

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

• Banned
I don't care if it isn't endorsing a religion its harassing beach goers who have no interest in the rantings of a mad man. That shit belongs in a church not on a public beach.

I don't care if it isn't endorsing a religion its harassing beach goers who have no interest in the rantings of a mad man. That shit belongs in a church not on a public beach.

How is he harassing beachgoers? He sounded perfectly sane to me.. cite some examples of "rantings of a mad man".

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

prove he is or was harassing people

just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are

He wants to pray...he can pray. If he wants to be loud and bother people who are trying to enjoy a day at the beach, then he becomes a public nuisance.

Well, I concur. Is that what he was doing, or, is that merely the implication of the OP? Hey, we have these so called religious blowhards hanging around in the quarter.. I don't like them either... but Acaps has a history of mocking religion... so.....

• Banned

How is he harassing beachgoers? He sounded perfectly sane to me.. cite some examples of "rantings of a mad man".

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

He wants to pray...he can pray. If he wants to be loud and bother people who are trying to enjoy a day at the beach, then he becomes a public nuisance.

what about people who play loud music or are simply loud because they have a party

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

where did he say he went up and preached to people?

you're just a religious bigot

prove he is or was harassing people

just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are
Its a public beach not a church it doesn't belong there...Oh and obviously the city had complaints or they would not have cared to much...

what about people who play loud music or are simply loud because they have a party
On a public beach? Same thing...harassment/public nuisance and should be given the boot.

where did he say he went up and preached to people?

you're just a religious bigot

Dumbass. He is preaching on a public beach in the middle of summer...Ya seriously think NO ONE else besides his sheeple could hear him? I doubt it. I love taking walks with my wife on the beach and do not need some idiot like him ruining my day with his rants.

Who is being harassed?

The town of Rehoboth Beach is, of course, unequivocally wrong. They are the ones violating the Constitution by denying this man and his followers freedom of religion.

I don't know what turned you into such an angry and bitter person, but you are seriously disturbed and you need get your anger in check. It's not healthy.

Dumbass. He is preaching on a public beach in the middle of summer...Ya seriously think NO ONE else besides his sheeple could hear him? I doubt it. I love taking walks with my wife on the beach and do not need some idiot like him ruining my day with his rants.

You have no evidence of this whatsoever other than your own bigotry. You're a little totalitarian prick. Why don't you go find a hobby or something. I feel bad for your wife having to live with this shit.

Uh no dickhead, you're wrong. He can communicate to anyone anywhere, it's called the 1st Amendment, and you cannot pass any laws that prohibit the free exercise of a person's religion, also found in the 1st Amendment. Try reading it.

Who is being harassed?

The town of Rehoboth Beach is, of course, unequivocally wrong. They are the ones violating the Constitution by denying this man and his followers freedom of religion.
Nope they are right. They wouldn't have made this move if he had the right to preach there...people don't want to go to a beach and be preached at.

I don't know what turned you into such an angry and bitter person, but you are seriously disturbed and you need get your anger in check. It's not healthy.
Not angry,bitter sure...I could give you a list of people I can't fucking stand.

You have no evidence of this whatsoever other than your own bigotry. You're a little totalitarian prick. Why don't you go find a hobby or something. I feel bad for your wife having to live with this shit.

I have a hobby its called politics and books. She doesn't care...she knows how I feel and believe it or not she is a christian at least in the manner of believing in god but she isn't a rub it in your face kind...the preacher is in the wrong and needs to rent/buy a building and preach there.

Uh no dickhead, you're wrong. He can communicate to anyone anywhere, it's called the 1st Amendment, and you cannot pass any laws that prohibit the free exercise of a person's religion, also found in the 1st Amendment. Try reading it.

Oh so I can go out tonight and walk on the sidewalk and tell everyone there is no god and yell at scream and preach? AWESOME! I will try that...no one is prohibiting anything...but its a public area and he is a nuisance. There is a time and place for everything...that's not it. He knows it but like typical xtians he whines when confronted by it.

Forum List

Back