pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

I don't care if it isn't endorsing a religion its harassing beach goers who have no interest in the rantings of a mad man. That shit belongs in a church not on a public beach.

You're just a statist motherfucker ensuring that only the state is worshiped as god. I understand.

Well.. as long as it has no police.. he cannot stand 'pigs'... like every other wannabe youngster 'anarchist' for show

It's downright scary how much you want to oppress people. I pray people like yourself never get into power.

It is hardly oppressing people to want religious fanatics to get the hell off my property!!

I certainly don't invade THEIR property and bother them; why should they think it's okay to bother me?

It's not okay.

Then ask them to leave and they do.

The JWs came by the other day. I was not bothered because they were exercising their right.

You don't have the right to oppress the rights of others just because you feel inconvenienced by freedom.

No, ma'am, the repression of free speech is what should not be tolerated. And we won't tolerate it. We're not going to let that happen because the law is on our side. I am sure that this matter will be settled in court, though it might take a while, and you and other anti-religious, theophobic extremists will, once again, find yourselves in the wrong.

You're very optimistic. I dont put my faith in the courts. They've gotten it wrong too many times.

No, ma'am, the repression of free speech is what should not be tolerated. And we won't tolerate it. We're not going to let that happen because the law is on our side. I am sure that this matter will be settled in court, though it might take a while, and you and other anti-religious, theophobic extremists will, once again, find yourselves in the wrong.

You've already lost. You don't get to harangue and harass strangers on the street and in their homes and in state-owned property anymore.

You've already lost: do you really not realize that?

Harassment of people is evil. Don't do that.

You've already lost. You don't get to harangue and harass strangers on the street and in their homes and in state-owned property anymore.

You've already lost: do you really not realize that?

Harassment of people is evil. Don't do that.

1) In your home is a completely different issue.. and that is infringing on your PROPERTY rights
2) Spouting off opinion or speech in a public area is not harassing.. if they are impeding your freedom or preventing your free assembly (much like you are attempting to prevent theirs), THEN they are wrong... simply using PUBLIC land to express themselves publicly is not harassment
3) You still have the freedom to walk away.. or to ignore it.. or to tell them no thanks.. or to speak your own beliefs or opiniom

You don't have the right to oppress the rights of others just because you feel inconvenienced by freedom.

They are oppressing me; I'm not oppressing them.

THEY are coming onto MY land without my invitation. I'm not doing ANYthing to them.

It is they who shriek obscene remarks at people with a bullhorn on the public sidewalks: how is that okay? I told the story earlier here about that sweating, fat Bible College street preacher with the electric bullhorn shouting at perfectly ordinary women, calling us whores and harlots as we walked past in Old Town, Chicago: that's what the religious creep at the homosexual march was doing, too. It's been decades and I'm still angry about that guy. How is that "religious"? These are bad, bad people! "Religion" does not excuse the sort of terrible harassment some of these types get up to. They feel entitled to harass, but happily, that is changing as people accept this kind of evil craziness less and less.

THEY are coming onto MY land without my invitation. I'm not doing ANYthing to them.

It is they who shriek obscene remarks at people with a bullhorn on the public sidewalks: how is that okay? I told the story earlier here about that sweating, fat Bible College street preacher with the electric bullhorn shouting at perfectly ordinary women, calling us whores and harlots as we walked past in Old Town, Chicago: that's what the religious creep at the homosexual march was doing, too. It's been decades and I'm still angry about that guy. How is that "religious"? These are bad, bad people! "Religion" does not excuse the sort of terrible harassment some of these types get up to. They feel entitled to harass, but happily, that is changing as people accept this kind of evil craziness less and less.

Their speech is not oppressing you.. your infringement of their right to freely assemble and use their freedom of speech on public land IS OPPRESSION

You're not doing anything to them? You are trying to use the government to prevent them from:

1) Publically speaking
2) Peacefully assembling
3) Exercising their religious freedom in Public.

How the hell can you honestly say you aren't doing anything?!

Oh someone comes to your door. You aren't interested, they leave. You find this to be a huge intrusion on your rights. Yet you have absolutely no problem telling them they cant speak in public, assemble in public or exercise their religion in Public.

Again, I pray you stay far away from political power as possible.

You're not doing anything to them? You are trying to use the government to prevent them from:

1) Publically speaking
2) Peacefully assembling

Oh someone comes to your door. You aren't interested, they leave. You find this to be a huge intrusion on your rights. Yet you have absolutely no problem telling them they cant speak in public, assemble in public or exercise their religion in Public.

Nonsense. They can speak in public and assemble peacefully and exercise their religious freedom: they just can't do it on my porch, because I'm not having it. How would they like it if I went into their church and strode up to their pulpit, shoved the preacher aside, and told them what's what as I see it? that's what they want to do to me, and I don't like it.

They have to do all that religious stuff in their own church, on their own time: they absolutely cannot use up my time and my beach outing to do all that. I think that is entirely fair. They go to their own private place and talk about whatever nonsense they want to, and I stay in my private place. I don't harass them and they don't harass me.

Anyway, I don't know why you are bothering to argue all this since it's obvious there is separation of church and state and you don't get to use the public beaches and stadiums and so on to harass people. Unless you rent a section for your own purposes, of course, but then it's a private event.

Why do you think it's okay to force your beliefs onto people who don't want to hear all that stuff? In places they have come to do something else entirely, like swim in the ocean or shop or garden in their yard or walk along the sidewalk to a restaurant? What makes you entitled to oppress people like that?

Well, religious fanatics are finally being put back in their boxes, and it's nice I've seen this in my lifetime. You holdouts need to learn basic manners and not bother people.

1) Publically speaking
2) Peacefully assembling

Nonsense. They can speak in public and assemble peacefully and exercise their religious freedom: they just can't do it on my porch, because I'm not having it. How would they like it if I went into their church and strode up to their pulpit, shoved the preacher aside, and told them what's what as I see it? that's what they want to do to me, and I don't like it.

They have to do all that religious stuff in their own church, on their own time: they absolutely cannot use up my time and my beach outing to do all that. I think that is entirely fair. They go to their own private place and talk about whatever nonsense they want to, and I stay in my private place. I don't harass them and they don't harass me.

Anyway, I don't know why you are bothering to argue all this since it's obvious there is separation of church and state and you don't get to use the public beaches and stadiums and so on to harass people. Unless you rent a section for your own purposes, of course, but then it's a private event.

Why do you think it's okay to force your beliefs onto people who don't want to hear all that stuff? In places they have come to do something else entirely, like swim in the ocean or shop or garden in their yard or walk along the sidewalk to a restaurant? What makes you entitled to oppress people like that?

Well, religious fanatics are finally being put back in their boxes, and it's nice I've seen this in my lifetime. You holdouts need to learn basic manners and not bother people.

Your porch is a public beach?

There is no separation of church and state issue, Especially since separation of Church and state isn't mentioned in the Constitution. The Standard is whether the State is establishing a national Church. People preaching on a public beach doesn't establish a national Church. Especially since no other faiths are prohibited from doing likewise.

Also ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FORCE YOUR BELIEFS ON SOMEONE ELSE. You don't have a right to silence people because you don't want to hear what they say. You can choose not to listen to them. You can ignore them. You can argue with them. You can do plenty but you cannot silence them

1) Publically speaking
2) Peacefully assembling

Your porch is private party, so you don't have to worry.

Pushing the preacher aside is a criminal act....you certainly would be facing the consequences of your actions.

Who says "they have to do all that religious stuff in their own church, on their own time"? Is there a law broken if they don't?

The beach IS NOT your private property, so you don't get to dictate what others do as long as no laws are broken. If you don't want to hear what they say, don't listen to them.

Separation of church and state???? Really???

The church isn't there to harass you just as your children on that beach aren't there to harass me. See how that works???

Nobody is forcing their beliefs on anyone, again, you don't have to listen and nobody is forcing you to.

Nobody is oppressing anyone from doing what they want to do at the beach like swim, shop, garden, or go to any shop they choose.

Your final paragraph sums up everything about you, you're an intolerant bigot :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back