pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

People handing out pamphlets on the street, people preaching on streetcorners, JW's coming to your door, ministers holding services on public beaches - are a form of harassment of non-believers, whether the person doesn't believe in Jesus, or is simply an adherent to another form of Christianity, it is harassment not to leave others to their own religion.

IMO, trying to force your religion on others interferes with THEIR freedom of religion.

How is handing someone a pamplet force anyone's religion on another person?

The Jehovah's witnesses come by here all the time. I talk with them and they give me their pamplets. Them doing so hasn't forced their religion upon me.

I can't imagine how insecure I would have to be to think that someone sharing their faith somehow imposes any restrictions on mine.

You are so full of shit.

Try and imagine how one of your mega churches would react if a group of atheists took up residense outside the church's driveway on a public sidewalk handing out pamphlets saying how rediculous christianity was. If there is even a tiny scrap of honesty in your sociopathic brain you know damned well the parisheners would go ballistic and claim they were being harrassed by the atheists.

All you see in life is what you believe the bible to mean. You are no less crazy than a guy who reads a superman comic book and goes out to murder people that resemble the villians in the comic book. You take the word of people that had less education than the average modern day 5 year old as fact.

If you were honest about the bible you would try to reconstruct what someone 2000 years ago really believed about what the world was according to his or her impressions and education. These people were not like us. They only lived on average into thier twenties and thirties. Slavery and absolute rule by sadistic monsters was the norm. Life meant NOTHING. People were bought and sold routinely. People were ripped apart by wild animals or hacked to pieces in combat as entertainment for god's sakes in stadiums. These people you have so much faith in were barely more advanced than animals. How on earth can you believe thier scribblings? Tricking one another as a means to control by words or myth would be the least kind of a crime these morons were capable of. Fraud seems like the standard MO from people on the very edge of survival. The would do anything..say anything..sell anything ..including human beings just to get by to the next victim.

People were not good back them. Suggesting that that society was capable of creating something worthy of lasting 2000 years as a guide on how to behave as a human being is laughable.

Crazy christians should stay away from the open ocean. A lot of accidents happen on beaches and in the water. People go missing on Florida beaches at an alarming rate. Fact!
I go to a "mega" church, and we have had issues that were similar, and the pastor used them as a teachable moment. Nobody went "ballistic".
You're just showing your ignorance, Huggy, sorry.

How on Earth does praying on a beach constitute the state endorsing a religion?

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

He wants to pray...he can pray. If he wants to be loud and bother people who are trying to enjoy a day at the beach, then he becomes a public nuisance.

And protests are not?? People rapping on a beach are not?? Environazis ranting about pollution are not??

While we may not like these things, they are not illegal... It is a public beach and they can do such things...

And the OP equating this to something being government sanctioned is (as par for the course for the little attention seeking wannabe 'anarchist') ludicrous

Wait...you can have a rock concert but not a Jesus Rocks concert?

Yeah that seems a tad excessive.

What so many seem to be forgetting is that it is Unconstitutional to refuse to give a permit to use public facilities simply because it is a Church wanting to use them.

That is the whole issue here. The rest of the crap you people are throwing around are simply strawman arguments because you have nothing in the law to base your position on.

People handing out pamphlets on the street, people preaching on streetcorners, JW's coming to your door, ministers holding services on public beaches - are a form of harassment of non-believers, whether the person doesn't believe in Jesus, or is simply an adherent to another form of Christianity, it is harassment not to leave others to their own religion.

IMO, trying to force your religion on others interferes with THEIR freedom of religion.

The Jehovah's witnesses come by here all the time. I talk with them and they give me their pamplets. Them doing so hasn't forced their religion upon me.

I can't imagine how insecure I would have to be to think that someone sharing their faith somehow imposes any restrictions on mine.

You are so full of shit.

Try and imagine how one of your mega churches would react if a group of atheists took up residense outside the church's driveway on a public sidewalk handing out pamphlets saying how rediculous christianity was. If there is even a tiny scrap of honesty in your sociopathic brain you know damned well the parisheners would go ballistic and claim they were being harrassed by the atheists.

All you see in life is what you believe the bible to mean. You are no less crazy than a guy who reads a superman comic book and goes out to murder people that resemble the villians in the comic book. You take the word of people that had less education than the average modern day 5 year old as fact.

If you were honest about the bible you would try to reconstruct what someone 2000 years ago really believed about what the world was according to his or her impressions and education. These people were not like us. They only lived on average into thier twenties and thirties. Slavery and absolute rule by sadistic monsters was the norm. Life meant NOTHING. People were bought and sold routinely. People were ripped apart by wild animals or hacked to pieces in combat as entertainment for god's sakes in stadiums. These people you have so much faith in were barely more advanced than animals. How on earth can you believe thier scribblings? Tricking one another as a means to control by words or myth would be the least kind of a crime these morons were capable of. Fraud seems like the standard MO from people on the very edge of survival. The would do anything..say anything..sell anything ..including human beings just to get by to the next victim.

People were not good back them. Suggesting that that society was capable of creating something worthy of lasting 2000 years as a guide on how to behave as a human being is laughable.

Crazy christians should stay away from the open ocean. A lot of accidents happen on beaches and in the water. People go missing on Florida beaches at an alarming rate. Fact!

Like it, or not, the belief in God, has been around for well over two thousand years, and the Christian religion has been around at least that long. Obviously, that society was worthy of creating a guide that has lasted for 2000 years, and will last another two thousand years. That fact alone belies your statement.

Millions of highly educated people, around the world, believe in both God and the Christian Bible, and millions more believe in the principles laid down in that book. That belies another of your statements.

Your rant is inaccurate, ignorant, and obviously not too well thought out. That does not make it laughable, it makes it pitiful.

Like it, or not, the belief in God, has been around for well over two thousand years, and the Christian religion has been around at least that long. Obviously, that society was worthy of creating a guide that has lasted for 2000 years, and will last another two thousand years. That fact alone belies your statement.

Millions of highly educated people, around the world, believe in both God and the Christian Bible, and millions more believe in the principles laid down in that book. That belies another of your statements.

Your rant is inaccurate, ignorant, and obviously not too well thought out. That does not make it laughable, it makes it pitiful.

We can forgive Huggy. I am not sure he has ever read the Bible for himself let alone tried to live it's principles. Heck, there seems to be too many Christians who havent read the Bible for themselves or tried the principles.

When you live the principles of the Gospel you will know they are from the Father. You will be able to test the fruits of them. Even non-Christians who live the principles know they are good. Gandhi, for example, practiced the principles taught in the Sermon on the Mount and his life and mission were dedicated to living those principles.

I go to a "mega" church, and we have had issues that were similar, and the pastor used them as a teachable moment. Nobody went "ballistic".
You're just showing your ignorance, Huggy, sorry.

I've dealt with people handing out pamplets in front of Church before. Some have been athiests. Some other denominations or faiths. I've found their behavior amusing more than anything. I think they provide the perfect opportunity to live the principles of the Gospel and love our neighbors as ourselves. I've proposed taking them food and water to provide service for them.

I've taken pamplets before. No one ever forced me. If i didn't want to take a pamplet, I wouldn't. Sometimes it's just interesting to see what they are thinking.

The Lord would not have us be ignorant of what others think or believe. He wants us to learn about others because by learning about them we can love them better. And by loving them we might be able to bring them closer to Him.

That is the hard part though. Some people are difficult to love. That doesn't excuse us if we don't try.

You are so full of shit.

Notice how every argument a liberal makes starts with "you're so full of shit".

Notice how every argument a liberal makes starts with "you're so full of shit".

Well, every conservative argument starts with "Liberals are so stupid", or they're "communists", or they worship Obama, or some other false bullshit comment.

Plus those conservatives who believe all of the lies that Faux News tells them, and use Breibart and other right-wing news sources which lie, generally speaking, are full of shit. Those moderate conservatives who argue with well reasoned points and show respect for other posters are insulted by the asswipe idiots like you, as RINO's and not conservatives at all.

It is especially entertaining when YOU complain about liberal arguments being full of shit, since you are one of the worst offenders in posting bullsit as fact, and thinking you're so very clever for it.

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Yeah, this character is a harasser. I listened to the interview with him: he wanted to take over the public bandstand for EIGHT religious services in the day. Why him and not Muslims demanding everyone pray to Allah; why not Buddhists or Holy Rollers or Mormons taking it over and forcing their preaching and carrying on onto people trying to enjoy the ocean sand and water? People wouldn't go to his church on Sunday so he decided to chase them down! Sounds like a Puritan.

It is certainly a church/state issue and this is a crazy guy with a strong sense of entitlement. As the nation becomes more secular, too many of these preachy types decide they'll just FORCE their beliefs on everybody. This is just wrong.

Last edited:
Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Yeah, this character is a harasser. I listened to the interview with him: he wanted to take over the public bandstand for EIGHT religious services in the day. Why him and not Muslims demanding everyone pray to Allah; why not Buddhists or Holy Rollers or Mormons taking it over and forcing their preaching and carrying on onto people trying to enjoy the ocean sand and water? People wouldn't go to his church on Sunday so he decided to chase them down! Sounds like a Puritan.

It is certainly a church/state issue and this is a crazy guy with a strong sense of enlightenment. As the nation becomes more secular, too many of these preachy types decide they'll just FORCE their beliefs on everybody. This is just wrong.

Where is the government endorsing this church? Where is the government forcing you to join? Where is the government forcing you to stand there and interact??

It is not a church and state issue if the government is not mandating a state religion

Letting people speak in a public forum or public area is called FREEDOM.. and I don't care if it is this church, or a Mormon church, or a Muslim group, or the Sisters of the Mother Earth Goddess, or whatever else... they have the FREEDOM to express as anyone else does... if they wish to do it once a week, 20 times a day, or if they wish to do it silently while handing out literature is all well and good.. just as good as if they would not be doing it at all

The majority of beach-goers flock to the beach for sun and surf, not Sunday services. Churches are scattered all over all communities, if they wanted preaching, they wouldn't be at the beach, they'd be sitting in pews in any one of the many churches around town.
If he disturbed me, I'd tell him to "f*** off. You're ruining my vacation time."

Hmm, so you would be fine having hookers come by and hand you pamplets with nude pics, and talk nasty to you, and then move along.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but all the feminists that think sex is rape and that prositituion is slavery would probably be screaming about it the same and demanding the government protect them from people that disagree with them.

The majority of beach-goers flock to the beach for sun and surf, not Sunday services. Churches are scattered all over all communities, if they wanted preaching, they wouldn't be at the beach, they'd be sitting in pews in any one of the many churches around town.
If he disturbed me, I'd tell him to "f*** off. You're ruining my vacation time."

And you have the freedom to tell them to fuck off just as they have the freedom to express themselves in the public place

Tell m something, what makes you think that athiests have not protested outside churches? I know that there are a few groups that routinely protest outside Westboro Baptist Church, at least one of which is athiest I also know that many groups routinely organize protests outside the churches of some of the more extreme pastors who say things that tolerant left wing whackos find particularly offensive. Have you ever heard of violance as a result of any of these protests?

You are so full of shit.

People protest outside churches all the time, yet you continue to insist that it never happens because no intolerent Christian has ever made the news by pulling out a gun and blasting them all away. Perhas you should stop trying to pretend that your misinterpretation of the Bible is any more accurte than anyone else who misninterprets it.

Tell me something, why do you think you are smarter than anyone else simply because you were born later in time than they were? Do you really believe that Buddha is a figment of someone's imagination just because he lived so long ago that it is impossible for him to have understood right and wrong according to you? Isin't that just a bit arrogant?

Actually, it borders o megolomania.

Tell you what, why don't you tell me shich Florida beach you think is dangerous, and let me go there and preach for a week just to find out if it is as bad as you think it is. My guess is you are just threatening people because you cannot actually defend your position that you shouldn't be forced to live on the same planet as ayone who disagrees wth you.

You are so full of shit.

People with foolish ideas whether taken one individual at a time or multiplied by several billion is still foolishness. It doesn't matter if I am the only one on earth that knows you all have been the victims of a fraud.

Basing a rebuttle on the bible won't cut it. You have no independant proof. Faith is rediculous.

I find it sad that so many human beings have been so thoroughly hoodwinked.

What a perfect scam. You will get your reward when you die.

No one can prove outright or even offer that the tiniest portion of your layers upon layers of promises are true.

If taken individually the facts of a case for fraud are clear. This massive ponzi scheme is only tolorated because so many are still in the game.

One cannot even compare the foolishness of your faith to the rewards of purchasing a power ball lottery ticket. As hopeless as the odds of winning are, in fact eventually someone wins.

There is no evidence that anyone ever has or ever will win the christian lottery.

You morons don't even have the decency to add a disclaimer to your wild pie in the sky claims. Such a warning should read.. "there has never been a winner documented in the 2000 years of playing this game".

PS You cannot count Jesus as a true winner as he was reported to have been here under special circumstances I E ...product of a virgin conception...son of god..which disqualifies him as a suitable example.. BTW...Jeebus was not a christian. His reported existance predates christianity.

You are so full of shit.

People with foolish ideas whether taken one individual at a time or multiplied by several billion is still foolishness. It doesn't matter if I am the only one on earth that knows you all have been the victims of a fraud.

Basing a rebuttle on the bible won't cut it. You have no independant proof. Faith is rediculous.

I find it sad that so many human beings have been so thoroughly hoodwinked.

What a perfect scam. You will get your reward when you die.

No one can prove outright or even offer that the tiniest portion of your layers upon layers of promises are true.

If taken individually the facts of a case for fraud are clear. This massive ponzi scheme is only tolorated because so many are still in the game.

One cannot even compare the foolishness of your faith to the rewards of purchasing a power ball lottery ticket. As hopeless as the odds of winning are, in fact eventually someone wins.

There is no evidence that anyone ever has or ever will win the christian lottery.

You morons don't even have the decency to add a disclaimer to your wild pie in the sky claims. Such a warning should read.. "there has never been a winner documented in the 2000 years of playing this game".

PS You cannot count Jesus as a true winner as he was reported to have been here under special circumstances I E ...product of a virgin conception...son of god..which disqualifies him as a suitable example.. BTW...Jeebus was not a christian. His reported existance predates christianity.

The existence of God is an intangible- it is true. A belief in God is one that is grounded in faith- a faith that in and of itself is a gift bestowed upon a believer. But the need for faith in something not seen is not proof that it does not exist. Thoughts cannot be seen, but we know they exist. Explaining a deep knowledge of God's absolute existence to an unbeliever is impossible. Unbelievers hate the very idea of God.

Unbeliever's however are not content with their own unbelief- No, quite like you, they need to attack those that believe, and mock God himself. The irony of this is pregnant with its own theological and philosophical possibilities.

Christ is the perfect atonement. He and he alone can atone for mans sin. That you cannot understand any of this, is your problem, not the believers. You attack and mock in absolute ignorance and the truth is, you cannot help but do so...you are as bound to your hatred of God and His people, as the believer is to his faith and love of God.

*P.S. spell check is your friend

Last edited:
Unbeliever's however are not content with their own unbelief- No, quite like you, they need to attack those that believe, and mock God himself.

This ^

I find it sad that those that don't believe in a higher power or entity or God or whatever feel the need to degrade those who DO believe. Why is that? If I want to believe there is a guy in robes that will comfort me when I hurt (which He does) or will soothe my fears (which He does), or aids me when I ask for help with something (sometimes He does, and sometimes, God says No)...what is it to you or those like you? Believe or don't believe. But don't tell me what I should believe or not believe.

Forum List

Back