pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Unbeliever's however are not content with their own unbelief- No, quite like you, they need to attack those that believe, and mock God himself.

This ^

I find it sad that those that don't believe in a higher power or entity or God or whatever feel the need to degrade those who DO believe. Why is that? If I want to believe there is a guy in robes that will comfort me when I hurt (which He does) or will soothe my fears (which He does), or aids me when I ask for help with something (sometimes He does, and sometimes, God says No)...what is it to you or those like you? Believe or don't believe. But don't tell me what I should believe or not believe.

For the same reason I pick up litter at the beach.

Notice how every argument a liberal makes starts with "you're so full of shit".

Well, every conservative argument starts with "Liberals are so stupid", or they're "communists", or they worship Obama, or some other false bullshit comment.

Plus those conservatives who believe all of the lies that Faux News tells them, and use Breibart and other right-wing news sources which lie, generally speaking, are full of shit. Those moderate conservatives who argue with well reasoned points and show respect for other posters are insulted by the asswipe idiots like you, as RINO's and not conservatives at all.

It is especially entertaining when YOU complain about liberal arguments being full of shit, since you are one of the worst offenders in posting bullsit as fact, and thinking you're so very clever for it.

Really? Please cite one of my arguments that start with any of those things. Shouldn't be tough since im conservative and every conservative argument starts with that.

The First amendment is pretty clear. You cannot use the government to prohibit people from publicly exercising their religious freedom.

BTW this post completely undermines your argument.

People with foolish ideas whether taken one individual at a time or multiplied by several billion is still foolishness. It doesn't matter if I am the only one on earth that knows you all have been the victims of a fraud.

Basing a rebuttle on the bible won't cut it. You have no independant proof. Faith is rediculous.

I find it sad that so many human beings have been so thoroughly hoodwinked.

What a perfect scam. You will get your reward when you die.

No one can prove outright or even offer that the tiniest portion of your layers upon layers of promises are true.

If taken individually the facts of a case for fraud are clear. This massive ponzi scheme is only tolorated because so many are still in the game.

One cannot even compare the foolishness of your faith to the rewards of purchasing a power ball lottery ticket. As hopeless as the odds of winning are, in fact eventually someone wins.

There is no evidence that anyone ever has or ever will win the christian lottery.

You morons don't even have the decency to add a disclaimer to your wild pie in the sky claims. Such a warning should read.. "there has never been a winner documented in the 2000 years of playing this game".

PS You cannot count Jesus as a true winner as he was reported to have been here under special circumstances I E ...product of a virgin conception...son of god..which disqualifies him as a suitable example.. BTW...Jeebus was not a christian. His reported existance predates christianity.

I get my reward every day. Why on earth do you think we have to wait until we die? The fruits of the Spirit are part of our life now.

Win the Christian lottery? What the heck are you talking about? Believing Christ isnt about winning things. It's about loving the truth and following it. It's about becoming a new person.

The First amendment is pretty clear. You cannot use the government to prohibit people from publicly exercising their religious freedom.

Sure you can! This character wanted to use PUBLIC facilities -- the Rehobeth beach bandstand -- to preach EIGHT church services on the beach. Do people get to use state facilites to preach their religions? Nope, they sure don't. If they did, we'd have a whole lot of weirdos constantly preaching away at everyone with megaphones from the lifeguard stand, the bandstands, the football stadiums, City Hall, everywhere, shouting out Jehovah's Witness crap and Mormonism and Islam and God knows what-all.

Do people get to walk down a crowded sidewalk -- or beach -- buttonholing everyone and haranguing them and making strange, weird, scary religious pronouncements?

Nope! That's disturbing the peace, and there'd be a whole train of 911 calls following him right along.

Just because you believe something doesn't mean you get to go bother people with it ANYwhere you want.

Sure you can! This character wanted to use PUBLIC facilities -- the Rehobeth beach bandstand -- to preach EIGHT church services on the beach. Do people get to use state facilites to preach their religions? Nope, they sure don't. If they did, we'd have a whole lot of weirdos constantly preaching away at everyone with megaphones from the lifeguard stand, the bandstands, the football stadiums, City Hall, everywhere, shouting out Jehovah's Witness crap and Mormonism and Islam and God knows what-all.

Do people get to walk down a crowded sidewalk -- or beach -- buttonholing everyone and haranguing them and making strange, weird, scary religious pronouncements?

Nope! That's disturbing the peace, and there'd be a whole train of 911 calls following him right along.

Just because you believe something doesn't mean you get to go bother people with it ANYwhere you want.

PUBLIC.. exactly.. where EVERYONE has the same freedom to use whatever, say whatever, etc.. and if he went thru any permits or whatever else that were required, SO BE IT

Speaking your beliefs or your mind is not infringing on the rights or freedoms of others... even if it is loud and all around other people

Whether YOU don't like it is irrelevant

I may not agree with what people are expressing, but I will defend their right o express it

Again.. this is not the state ENDORSING or FORCING a religion...

Christians are citizens and have the same First Amendment rights as everyone else. We may express ourselves in public, talk to anyone we please and shout hallelujah should the mood strike us.

We have as much right to public property as any member of the public.

Many people, addled by public education, believe that the separation of church and state means forcing religious people out of the public square. Sorry, boys and girls, we're not going to let that happen.

The First amendment specifically protects public expressions of faith. If you don't like it feel free to try to repeal the First amendment. Until you do all public expressions of faith are protected.

Christians are citizens and have the same First Amendment rights as everyone else. We may express ourselves in public, talk to anyone we please and shout hallelujah should the mood strike us.

Many people addled by public education, believe that the separation of church and state means forcing religious people out of the public square. Sorry, boys and girls, we're not going to let that happen.

Yes, you are.

1) Rehobeth isn't letting this creep preach from the bandstand at the beach. Well, I should think not! So much for you're "not letting this happen."

2) As America gets more secular, we are not putting up with the crap we used to allow, reluctantly, like the behatted Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons knocking on the door and intruding on our lives on our own property. I don't allow this these days. I don't answer the door or run them off immediately. No Watchtower magazines! No! Get out. These types have a lot of gall.

I've been maltreated over a lifetime by these creepazoid religious fanatics, I realize. They simply victimize women, especially, because we don't like to be rude. There used to be a regular parade of religious come to the door, wasting my time. I remember a guy came to ask about buying chickens once; I guess he was newly converted after a Lifetime of Sin With the Bottle. He started in, got more and more excited, couldn't stop talking, went faster and faster --- well, I guess he was a little crazy, really. I was young and didn't know how to stop him politely: nobody could have stopped him politely!

Now I would just say, "I'm going in now." and locked the door firmly on him in mid-sentence. Pushing religion on somebody is incredibly intrusive, rude behavior and should not be tolerated, unless someone is just amused by it, as you hear people say sometimes. No one has to listen to intruders if they don't want to, however, or pretend that what these nasty people are doing is acceptable. Of course it's not acceptable; it's terrible.

Many people addled by public education, believe that the separation of church and state means forcing religious people out of the public square. Sorry, boys and girls, we're not going to let that happen.

Yes, you are.

1) Rehobeth isn't letting this creep preach from the bandstand at the beach. Well, I should think not! So much for you're "not letting this happen."

2) As America gets more secular, we are not putting up with the crap we used to allow, reluctantly, like the behatted Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons knocking on the door and intruding on our lives on our own property. I don't allow this these days. I don't answer the door or run them off immediately. No Watchtower magazines! No! Get out. These types have a lot of gall.

I've been maltreated over a lifetime by these creepazoid religious fanatics, I realize. They simply victimize women, especially, because we don't like to be rude. There used to be a regular parade of religious come to the door, wasting my time. I remember a guy came to ask about buying chickens once; I guess he was newly converted after a Lifetime of Sin With the Bottle. He started in, got more and more excited, couldn't stop talking, went faster and faster --- well, I guess he was a little crazy, really. I was young and didn't know how to stop him politely: nobody could have stopped him politely!

Now I would just say, "I'm going in now." and locked the door firmly on him in mid-sentence. Pushing religion on somebody is incredibly intrusive, rude behavior and should not be tolerated, unless someone is just amused by it, as you hear people say sometimes. No one has to listen to intruders if they don't want to, however, or pretend that what these nasty people are doing is acceptable. Of course it's not acceptable; it's terrible.

It's downright scary how much you want to oppress people. I pray people like yourself never get into power.

The First amendment specifically protects public expressions of faith. If you don't like it feel free to try to repeal the First amendment. Until you do all public expressions of faith are protected.

You are wrong on the face of it, since no one allows even prayers at public events like football games anymore or nativity scenes at City Hall.

Public expressions of faith are disallowed on government property at any level. Quite right, too.

And crazy religious talk is certainly disturbing the peace and people will call the police, and should.

Last edited:

Yes, you are.

It's downright scary how much you want to oppress people. I pray people like yourself never get into power.

I don't think your prayer worked.

It is hardly oppressing people to want religious fanatics to get the hell off my property!!

I certainly don't invade THEIR property and bother them; why should they think it's okay to bother me?

It's not okay.

You are wrong on the face of it, since no one allows even prayers at public events like football games anymore or nativity scenes at City All.

Public expressions of faith are disallowed on government property at any level. Quite right, too.

And crazy religious talk is certainly disturbing the peace and people will call the police, and should.

And they are WRONG to do so.. there is no power in the federal government to prevent anyone publicly expressing their faith, ideas, opinions, etc... What the federal government is empowered to do is prevent or forbid a state sponsored or forced religion.. PERIOD..

You, idiot, are completely wrong

It is hardly oppressing people to want religious fanatics to get the hell off my property!!

I certainly don't invade THEIR property and bother them; why should they think it's okay to bother me?

It's not okay.

YOUR property.. MUCH different than PUBLIC property or PUBLIC land

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Ah, beaches are sacred ground of the holy state - which you worship. And you must maintain the religion that you so closely follow that the state alone is god, though shalt have no other gods before the state.

So of course you piss on 1st amendment rights - you serve the state, and only the state, as your god and your master.

Yes, you are.

No, ma'am, the repression of free speech is what should not be tolerated. And we won't tolerate it. We're not going to let that happen because the law is on our side. I am sure that this matter will be settled in court, though it might take a while, and you and other anti-religious, theophobic extremists will, once again, find yourselves in the wrong.

You are wrong on the face of it, since no one allows even prayers at public events like football games anymore or nativity scenes at City All.

No. Im not. Nor is anyone else who reads what the Amendment says.

You cannot stop me from expressing my faith in public. If you try to, you will be violating my civil rights. Period.

Here's my theory on life in general. If somebody is easily offended, they should be offended as often as possible. If prayer at a public beach offends some people then you should pray in front of them till a miracle happens and they miraculously grow a pair of balls and an ounce of tolerance. Amen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back