pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Lots of beach cities permit services on the beach. Of course they mostly have to be gone by 7:00Am. If this pastor wants to drag 50 people to the beach in the middle of the day it's going to mean a huge problem.

Anyone can really go to the beach and pray, read the Bible or belt out gospel music.

How on Earth does praying on a beach constitute the state endorsing a religion?

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

He wants to pray...he can pray. If he wants to be loud and bother people who are trying to enjoy a day at the beach, then he becomes a public nuisance.

Beach parties aren't loud? Gay "pride" parades aren't loud? Neither are not a nuisance to someone somewhere somehow? Too bad that hearing about God has become so annoying to some people...

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

Uh no dickhead, you're wrong. He can communicate to anyone anywhere, it's called the 1st Amendment, and you cannot pass any laws that prohibit the free exercise of a person's religion, also found in the 1st Amendment. Try reading it.

Oh so I can go out tonight and walk on the sidewalk and tell everyone there is no god and yell at scream and preach? AWESOME! I will try that...no one is prohibiting anything...but its a public area and he is a nuisance. There is a time and place for everything...that's not it. He knows it but like typical xtians he whines when confronted by it.

Sure you can, I don't know about yelling and screaming, some jurisdictions have noise ordinances that would make screaming and yelling disturbing the peace, but you are free to walk down the street saying those things all you want, just as you are free to stand on a beach and do the same. Regardless of what you think about what is the proper time and place for things, your thinking has no relevance on other people. If YOU think the beach is not the proper time and place to preach, don't. And unless the town bans ALL gatherings and ALL speech on the beach, they will lose this one if it goes to court, which is probably where the Pastor is heading. You seem to be under some mistaken impression that the Constitution gives you some right to be free from religion, it doesn't.

He wants to pray...he can pray. If he wants to be loud and bother people who are trying to enjoy a day at the beach, then he becomes a public nuisance.

Beach parties aren't loud? Gay "pride" parades aren't loud? Neither are not a nuisance to someone somewhere somehow? Too bad that hearing about God has become so annoying to some people...

Yep beach parties are that's why u call the cops and get them to break it up...what Gay Pride parade is held on a beach? For parades of any kind your supposed to have a permit. Its an annoyance when people don't want to hear about it...for some maybe not then for some like me never...take that shit elsewhere...people aren't so dumb they don't know where to go if they want to hear about god...

what about people who play loud music or are simply loud because they have a party

They can be nuisances too....

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

prove he is or was harassing people

just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are
Its a public beach not a church it doesn't belong there...Oh and obviously the city had complaints or they would not have cared to much...

what about people who play loud music or are simply loud because they have a party
On a public beach? Same thing...harassment/public nuisance and should be given the boot.

the issue is NOT harassment

you're being disingenuous about the issue and that is church and state

you are presuming your own bigotry onto the issue

Who is being harassed?

The town of Rehoboth Beach is, of course, unequivocally wrong. They are the ones violating the Constitution by denying this man and his followers freedom of religion.

If that is indeed the case, he needs to file a lawsuit.

with all the BS peeled away from the OP

i don't think this guy has a right to set up actual church services at the beach every week...if that were case, why not allow every hot dog vendor in NY to set up shop

prove he is or was harassing people

just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are
Its a public beach not a church it doesn't belong there...Oh and obviously the city had complaints or they would not have cared to much...

On a public beach? Same thing...harassment/public nuisance and should be given the boot.

Wrong as usual. Obviously someone has complained about these services...they don't belong there and the city is correct.

prove he is or was harassing people just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are

Yurt, a person cannot preach to others in a public place like a beach if s/hbecomes a public nuisance.

You don't have a right to preach to me in public if I don't want to hear it.

Go find another spot.

Last edited:

prove he is or was harassing people just because you're a religious bigot does not mean other people are

Yurt, a person cannot preach to others in a public place like a beach if s/hbecomes a public nuisance.

Go find another spot.

once again, jake misses the issue and joins his fellow far left knee jerk buddies.

cite where he is harassing people or going up and preaching to them. from the article cited in the OP, there is no indication of preaching or harassment, merely, that he is holding services on the beach.

Wrong as usual. Obviously someone has complained about these services...they don't belong there and the city is correct.

obviously? just because someone complains does not mean the person complained of is guilty of anything. we have a little thing called due process here in america.

you failed to cite a single source to support your claim of harassment. you fail again.

Go find another spot.

once again, jake misses the issue and joins his fellow far left knee jerk buddies.

cite where he is harassing people or going up and preaching to them. from the article cited in the OP, there is no indication of preaching or harassment, merely, that he is holding services on the beach.
Lols...I have been called far right,and now far left...damn it people make up your mind! I am neither actually so doesn't really bother me.

obviously? just because someone complains does not mean the person complained of is guilty of anything. we have a little thing called due process here in america.

you failed to cite a single source to support your claim of harassment. you fail again.
LOL...due process...he wasn't arrested dumb ass.

Does someone have the right to preach to others if those others want to hear it?

Of course. We don't limit speech like that. Not only does someone have a right to speak. There is also a right to hear what someone has to say without interference. There is no protection for someone to say "I heard that. You said God. Now you have to leave the beach."

Go find another spot.

Lols...I have been called far right,and now far left...damn it people make up your mind! I am neither actually so doesn't really bother me.

LOL...due process...he wasn't arrested dumb ass.

psssssssssssst...you don't have to be arrested to be entitled to due process

see welfare recips etc.....

:rolleyes:

come back when you know what you're talking about, you obviously have zero to support your OPINIONS

Tell your friend the pastor there to keep his ranting about an invisible being in the church where it belongs...we won't have any problems...people want to claim christians aren't pushing their religion on us yet that sounds exactly what he wants to do. He thinks its his DUTY to harass people in the name of his god.Oh and exactly how do welfare recipients have due process? Far as I know you go in apply for it and get it.

Tell your friend the pastor there to keep his ranting about an invisible being in the church where it belongs...we won't have any problems...people want to claim christians aren't pushing their religion on us yet that sounds exactly what he wants to do. He thinks its his DUTY to harass people in the name of his god.Oh and exactly how do welfare recipients have due process? Far as I know you go in apply for it and get it.

thanks for admitting you're full of shit and just hate religion.

1. have not proved he is harassing people
2. have not proved simply being there is an harassment
3. this is not about harassment, rather, the state struggling over church'/state issues

kindly stfu

Forum List

Back