pastor whining because town bans church on the beach

Yep beach parties are that's why u call the cops and get them to break it up...what Gay Pride parade is held on a beach? For parades of any kind your supposed to have a permit. Its an annoyance when people don't want to hear about it...for some maybe not then for some like me never...take that shit elsewhere...people aren't so dumb they don't know where to go if they want to hear about god...

Where does one go to hear the TRUTH regarding God? Every church is not teaching the truth. Some churches are simply telling people what they want to hear --- like homosexuality is okay simply because .... People are not dumb, some are just uneducated when it comes to the Bible.
Lol...you hate homosexuality because a book of fiction told you so? So do you take the bible literally?

The bible doesn't instruct people to hate homosexuals, for one. Second, which resource do you expect to hear quoted from a church pulpit, the bible or would you feel more comfortable with the New York Times?

I don't care if it isn't endorsing a religion its harassing beach goers who have no interest in the rantings of a mad man. That shit belongs in a church not on a public beach.

How is he harassing beachgoers? He sounded perfectly sane to me.. cite some examples of "rantings of a mad man".

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

What evidence do you have to support this? Or, as I suspect, are you just embarking on one more of your insane, anti-Christian rants?

You're a very angry and unpleasant person.. you really are. Get a life.

This is pretty ironic coming from the same person who posted this a few minutes before:

You fuckers are completely nuts. Seriously, you are some fucked up assholes.

What happened to you to make you so vulgar and bitter?
Do me a favor - Don't defend the Christian Faith - you do more harm than good.

Anyway, to the point:
Who owns the beach?

The city?

Would this guy try to hold service in the vehicle inspection station?

I'm a Christian. I admire people who have the courage of their convictions and who walk the walk. But freedom of religion doesn't mean you get to pick whatever time and whatever place you prefer.

Last edited:

This is pretty ironic coming from the same person who posted this a few minutes before:

Anyway, to the point:
Who owns the beach?

The city?

I'm a Christian. I admire people who have the courage of their convictions and who walk the walk. But freedom of religion doesn't mean you get to pick whatever time and whatever place you prefer.

Really? I don't have the right to pray out loud on a public beach?

That's absurd.

Now, I totally agree that if this guy were out there making a nuisance of himself (which there is no evidence of) that he should be shown the door, so to speak.

Soggy, you can pray out loud anywhere in public as long as you don't disturb others.

Soggy, you can pray out loud anywhere in public as long as you don't disturb others.

Absolutely, which is my point, what evidence is there that he was disturbing others? And just because Adcaps hates religion and doesn't want to hear one mention of it, unless of course it's somebody calling Christians names, isn't evidence that he was disturbing others.

Anyway, to the point:
Who owns the beach?

The city?

Really? I don't have the right to pray out loud on a public beach?

That's absurd.

Now, I totally agree that if this guy were out there making a nuisance of himself (which there is no evidence of) that he should be shown the door, so to speak.

I never said you shouldn't be able to pray aloud on the beach.
In fact, I would encourage you to pray every chance you get.

This thread is a huge fail.

You have an anarchist OP ranting about how the government should deny a pastor the freedom to preach on a beach.

Just more proof that anarchists are fools.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is, hortysir. You have the right believe whatever you want, you have no right to dictate to others citizens how their public owned lands are used.

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

First, the command of Jesus is to take the Gospel into the world, not to wait for the world to ask about it, so the pastor is right.

Second, unless the town manager is telling everyone that comes along that they cannot use the beach to have meetings the town is banning speech based on content, and is wrong.

I don't want to hear a damn thing in church...I don't attend church for good reason...

What the hell happened to you? You are one miserable fuck... pretty damn unpleasant to boot.
I am not miserable...what should be miserable is being so god damn pathetic you need a belief in an invisible being to use as a crutch because your life is a failure.
This thread is a huge fail.

You have an anarchist OP ranting about how the government should deny a pastor the freedom to preach on a beach.

Just more proof that anarchists are fools.
Do what ya can with what ya got....

Wow. Just wow. What is the big deal anyway about having church on the beach? Wouldn't his sensibilities be distracted by all the bouncing boobies and booty?

I am serious here.

I have been around churches for many years, even a pastor for 14 years. And most pastors tell you to not go to the beach because of the partial nudity. Me, on the other hand, I like the beach. As a matter of fact, I am going there in 35 days.

Preaching to people who came to a beach to use the beach for swimming,sunning,playing etc is harassment. His rantings are the fact he believes that shit he is talking about...he doesn't belong on the beach. Its just more proof that xtians think they can preach wherever they want when they want and to hell with laws or just common decency.

where did he say he went up and preached to people?

you're just a religious bigot

Dumbass. He is preaching on a public beach in the middle of summer...Ya seriously think NO ONE else besides his sheeple could hear him? I doubt it. I love taking walks with my wife on the beach and do not need some idiot like him ruining my day with his rants.

What an arrogant ass to think that your pleasure trumps other peoples rights to the free exercise of religion. If you don't want to hear some nut rant, walk the other way. The rest of us are not here to ensure your tender ears don't hear something you don't like.

Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

During an appearance on Fox and Friends, Pastor Dekker, of the New Covenant Presbyterian Church, said that the city manager’s decision to ban beach services “created a real problem for me because my calling as a pastor is to communicate the gospel by word and by deed to ourselves, to our neighbors, and to the world so that the wonders of the gospel may be known by folks.”

Read more: Pastor Fights Back After Delaware Town Bans Church Services on Rehoboth Beach | Fox News Insider

Uh no dickhead....its not. You are to communicate to people who choose to come to your church...not harass people on a beach with your ranting and raving.

First, the command of Jesus is to take the Gospel into the world, not to wait for the world to ask about it, so the pastor is right.

Second, unless the town manager is telling everyone that comes along that they cannot use the beach to have meetings the town is banning speech based on content, and is wrong.

You don't know that, QWB, and try being respectful. The content is required to be examined if it is to be presented on tax-supported property. You have no idea if the town manager is giving equal access or not. You need to do some more research.

Forum List

Back