Patriotic Americans vs. Israel

"The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish, who are pushing President Bush to change the course of history."

White man s burden - - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

It's bad enough that we have to listen to US leftist nonsense, now we're supposed to get excited about an Israeli propaganda piece???

Yawn.

Israeli propaganda piece?
Haaretz. Liberal garbage.

"The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish, who are pushing President Bush to change the course of history."

White man s burden - - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

It's bad enough that we have to listen to US leftist nonsense, now we're supposed to get excited about an Israeli propaganda piece???

Yawn.

Israeli propaganda piece?
Haaretz. Liberal garbage.

I agree.

Haaretz was, is and always will be liberal shit.

The bottom line is, the U.S president is the one who made the decision to go to war.

The bottom line is, the U.S president is the one who made the decision to go to war.
The bottom line is the president does what the lobbyists tell him to do.

That is not true. Lobbyists don't have that much power. Obama said that Israel must withdraw to the '67 lines. Obama also treats Netanyahu like shit. Do you think the lobbyists want that? Also, despite all the money that Adelson gave to Romney, Obama still won the election.

The bottom line is the president does what the lobbyists tell him to do.

That is not true. Lobbyists don't have that much power. Obama said that Israel must withdraw to the '67 lines. Obama also treats Netanyahu like shit. Do you think the lobbyists want that? Also, despite all the money that Adelson gave to Romney, Obama still won the election.

My own opinion of the Second Iraq war is as follows: It was fought for 3 reasons. 1) Vice-President Cheney had major connections in an oil company called Haliburton, and he wanted a contact in Iraq for oil. 2) Bush wanted revenge for his father. Saddam tried to assassinate the older Bush. It was a personal grudge. When I pointed this out in another thread once, someone said that I was not a good son if I didn't feel it was right to lead an entire nation into war to protect my father's honor. I'm sorry, but I don't relate to that kind of thinking. 3) Yes, it was also fought to protect Israel, and supposedly create a democratic Middle East. What the planners of the war didn't count on was that the Arabs/Muslims would never be able to create a democracy. They must be ruled by a strong, ruthless secular dictator--otherwise, they fall into Islamic messes.

That is not true. Lobbyists don't have that much power.
Don't be naïve.

Obama said that Israel must withdraw to the '67 lines. Obama also treats Netanyahu like shit.
Don't be a drama queen. Netanyahu is arrogant and got almost everything he demanded.

Obama and Netanyahu agree Iranian nuclear program is a top priority - CBS News

Also, despite all the money that Adelson gave to Romney, Obama still won the election.
Because other lobbyists gave Obama even more! lol

Obama has received more money from Wall Street than any politician - National Libertarian Examiner.com

1) Vice-President Cheney had major connections in an oil company called Haliburton, and he wanted a contact in Iraq for oil.
To be more exact, Haliburton is an oil field services company, but I see your point. The left likes to blame everything on oil companies, but it this case the left is mistaken. Oil companies had huge investments in the Mideast and consequently wanted stability above all. The chaotic mess we see in Iraq only benefits Israel. Israel was happy to see their enemy torn to pieces in civil war.

The War For Oil Myth

2) Bush wanted revenge for his father. Saddam tried to assassinate the older Bush. It was a personal grudge.
Silly.

3) Yes, it was also fought to protect Israel,
I agree.

and supposedly create a democratic Middle East.
Again this is very naïve.

Last edited:
"For the hawks, disorder and chaos sweeping through the region would not be an unfortunate side-effect of war with Iraq, but a sign that everything is going according to plan.

In their eyes, Iraq is just the starting point – or, as a recent presentation at the Pentagon put it, “the tactical pivot” – for re-moulding the Middle East on Israeli-American lines.

This reverses the usual approach in international relations where stability is seen as the key to peace, and whether or not you like your neighbours, you have to find ways of living with them. No, say the hawks. If you don’t like the neighbours, get rid of them.

The “skittles theory” of the Middle East – that one ball aimed at Iraq can knock down several regimes – has been around for some time on the wilder fringes of politics but has come to the fore in the United States on the back of the “war against terrorism”.

Its roots can be traced, at least in part, to a paper published in 1996 by an Israeli thinktank, the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies. Entitled “A clean break: a new strategy for securing the realm”, it was intended as a political blueprint for the incoming government of Binyamin Netanyahu. As the title indicates, it advised the right-wing Mr Netanyahu to make a complete break with the past by adopting a strategy “based on an entirely new intellectual foundation, one that restores strategic initiative and provides the nation the room to engage every possible energy on rebuilding Zionism …”

- See more at: The World Was Right about Iraq Israel Wins Clean Break

Forum List

Back