🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Paul Ryan fights to save his job by discipiling dems

Paul Ryan said we couldn't let the institution of the house fall into chaos as he prepared to shut the government down yet another time, hoped for another vote to kill healthcare (# 60 something), and Louie Gohmert wandered about the floor mumbling about asparagus and anchor babies.

Asparagus?

Paul Ryan has the strength of his convictions and the Republican party behind him, but honestly, I don't think this posture is going to be a winning one. It has devolved into total assholery.

Asparagus?

Paul Ryan has the strength of his convictions and the Republican party behind him, but honestly, I don't think this posture is going to be a winning one. It has devolved into total assholery.
I don't see how one can give Ryan the benefit of the doubt that he acts on his convictions. He refused to back of Trump despite racist rhetoric. Even assuming one can get past that (and it'll take me years if I even can), he's saying it's ok for 40 House Republicans to prevent legislation from being voted on, but it's not ok for a maj of the opposition party to shut down the House in response. He's clinging to a rule of custom that dates back to when the gop did not have the teaparty. If he wants to lead, lead. Choose whether the nation is better off with legislation or without.

There are issues where the senate and potus could agree and the House could pass a bill with upwards of 180 of 247 gop members, but he won't allow them to come to a vote.

Asparagus?

I don't see how one can give Ryan the benefit of the doubt that he acts on his convictions. He refused to back of Trump despite racist rhetoric. Even assuming one can get past that (and it'll take me years if I even can), he's saying it's ok for 40 House Republicans to prevent legislation from being voted on, but it's not ok for a maj of the opposition party to shut down the House in response. He's clinging to a rule of custom that dates back to when the gop did not have the teaparty. If he wants to lead, lead.

There are issues where the senate and potus could agree and the House could pass a bill with upwards of 180 of 247 gop members, but he won't allow them to come to a vote.
He's a policy wonk, and he believes the Republican's policies will save the country and he really wants a few more conservatives on the Supreme Court. So he swallowed what a majority of the Republican voters in the country wanted in order to put a Republican in the captain's seat.
I know how you feel, though.
To think he considers those old folks sitting on the floor eating Burger King was "chaos," however, tickles me. Let's go down and show him some real chaos, huh Bendog? Ryan's just being petty and small on this one.

Asparagus?

I don't see how one can give Ryan the benefit of the doubt that he acts on his convictions. He refused to back of Trump despite racist rhetoric. Even assuming one can get past that (and it'll take me years if I even can), he's saying it's ok for 40 House Republicans to prevent legislation from being voted on, but it's not ok for a maj of the opposition party to shut down the House in response. He's clinging to a rule of custom that dates back to when the gop did not have the teaparty. If he wants to lead, lead.

He's a policy wonk, and he believes the Republican's policies will save the country and he really wants a few more conservatives on the Supreme Court. So he swallowed what a majority of the Republican voters in the country wanted in order to put a Republican in the captain's seat.
To think he considers those old folks sitting on the floor eating Burger King was "chaos," however, tickles me. Let's go down and show him some real chaos, huh Bendog? Ryan's just being petty and small on this one.
I dunno what he is. I thought I did at one time. But what he did was he backed the opposition party into having no way of making its will be known than by staging a rather pathetic sit in. Now he would "discipline" that. That's not how a leader in a republic operates.

And I'm not in favor of any gun control beyond background checks and mandatory sentencing on gun crimes.

Asparagus?

I dunno what he is. I thought I did at one time. But what he did was he backed the opposition party into having no way of making its will be known than by staging a rather pathetic sit in. Now he would "discipline" that. That's not how a leader in a republic operates.

And I'm not in favor of any gun control beyond background checks and mandatory sentencing on gun crimes.
I'm disappointed the Republicans had to hold up the Zika funding by tagging on a shot at Planned Parenthood. I'm not sure if they thought the importance of the bill would make Democrats agree to it, or if they intentionally put it in to say in essence, no to additional funding. Either way, there ought to be a way around that type of grandstanding when we've got a public health emergency.

Forum List

Back