Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand

Definition per Wikipedia: "Altruism is the opposite of selfishness."

Altruism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand top of mind awareness brings "altruism" up.

Is there such a characteristic though?

I don't think there is altruism IN anyone.

Illustration:
How many times have you heard someone say especially at Christmas,...
"Oh I just love giving gifts.. more then receiving gifts!"

That maybe seen as an "altruistic" attitude.

MY perspective it is a "selfish" motive.
The act of "giving" makes this person "feel good..loved", "appreciated".
All actions that are selfish.
Why else would someone give a gift if the only currency in return is making themselves feel "good" about giving?

Where is the altruism in that?

Why do the Gates' of the world give billions? Many call it altruism, me I call it compensation for having more then other people! Guilt.

So whenever you read about Mother Theresa type "altruism" consider that at the minimum in the case of Mother Theresa her "altruism" at the minimum made her "feel good" a selfish reason.

Ergo.. there is no such thing as a truly "altruistic" act because as in Newton's Third law of motion: "When two bodies interact by exerting force on each other, these forces (termed the action and the reaction) are equal in magnitude, but opposite in direction."

So too with "altruism" i.e. an act of altruism generates a sense of well being in the person doing the act.

The perspective of an emotionally stunted individual.

Excellent. I loved the principles in Atlas Shrugged as well.

EVEN the act of donating a kidney for example .. is NOT altruistic!

Say your sister needed one! You can't tell me that by giving her a kidney she NOW is indebted to you and you won't milk that for all it's worth.. "SUBCONSCIOUSLY"?

You will be a dishonest pompous pious person if you say otherwise!

Actually, only an emotionally stunted individual would do that.

EVEN the act of donating a kidney for example .. is NOT altruistic!

Say your sister needed one! You can't tell me that by giving her a kidney she NOW is indebted to you and you won't milk that for all it's worth.. "SUBCONSCIOUSLY"?

You will be a dishonest pompous pious person if you say otherwise!

Actually, only an emotionally stunted individual would do that.
l8s3k.jpg

Meister
Administrator

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Today 10:17 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Index US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I guess hes looking for a lie of mine.

that should keep him busy for months

Seriously.....are you stalking me? Looking where I am and not knowing what I'm doing? :lol:

You libtards like truthdoesn't matter are idiots. If you actually knew Ayn Rand you would support her also. Good for Ryan, bad for truthdoesntmeanshit, aka, truthmatters.

Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan will serve a very useful purpose - to remind voters of the GOP WAR on the following:

Poor

Middle Class

Women

Obama​

Even giving to charity is a selfish act. You do it for selfish reasons. To feel better about yourself to relieve guilt or pity. All selfish emotions.

Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan will serve a very useful purpose - to remind voters of the GOP WAR on the following:

Poor

Middle Class

Women

Obama​
And the left is at war with freedom. I would rather have freedom then the left running anything.

Poor

Middle Class

Women

Obama​

No your post is more of you war against

Truth

Logic

Reason

Facts

Morality

America

Even giving to charity is a selfish act. You do it for selfish reasons. To feel better about yourself to relieve guilt or pity. All selfish emotions.

WOW I dont think you realise what you just admitted

Biden has been one of the best veeps I can remember. He has accomplished quite a lot for the middle class and for vets.

I suspect its the work FOR vets that he has done, along with the First and Second Ladies, that rw's hate the most. The R talk about helping our vets but they fight against any real action. Now they're actually wanting a draft dodger for prez.

How how can they go?

I am a vet and Bush did more for the vets than Obama and Biden combined. I now can go to a VA clinic 10 miles from my house rather than 30 miles to the VA Hospital through Atlanta traffic.

And, Obama never served and apparently is a chickenhawk. He tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan and they are still there after blasting Bush for having them there.

Biden got 5 deferments from the draft if that is your criteria for dodging the draft. It isn't mine, since they were the law at the time and, unlike Clinton, he didn't have to lie to get them.

Go get a quote from Obama blasting Bush for having troops in afghanastan.

That is a flat out fucking LIE

this

Forum List

Back