"Paying" for tax cuts

what do workers do when they lose income? They cut spending even if it makes life tough at times. Only the government thinks it is allowed to spend as much as it wants with no regard to income. Stupid,stupid,stupid.

workers do not turn away potential sources of income either.

A workers fixed expenses remain the same if he is working or not. Like it or not, taxes are the governments source of income
honest workers seeking more income look for more productive work, rather than robbing the liquor store then blaming the proprietor for the fact that the money in his till can't support the robber's extravagant lifestyle.

wtf?

You are being intentionally obtuse

Our budget is comprised of money coming in and money going out. If you cut back on the money coming in without changing what is going out, you run a deficit.

To claim that spending is the only variable in the equation is simplistic drivel

I am not being obtuse, I am insisting that the problem is that the government is spending more money than it has. Even you point out that if the government spends more than it makes it causes a deficit. Does your problem lie with the fact that cutting spending is not paying for tax cuts, it is simply wise fiscal management?

As I have stated numerous times on this thread...wise fiscal policy is to identify your spending cuts BEFORE you cut taxes. Trust us is not an answer

The Bush "tax cuts" have been around for 10 years, and Congress kept right on spending more than it had. Calling for identifying spending cuts now to keep them in place is closing the barn door after the cows got out. We need to reign Congress in, period.

I am not being obtuse, I am insisting that the problem is that the government is spending more money than it has. Even you point out that if the government spends more than it makes it causes a deficit. Does your problem lie with the fact that cutting spending is not paying for tax cuts, it is simply wise fiscal management?

As I have stated numerous times on this thread...wise fiscal policy is to identify your spending cuts BEFORE you cut taxes. Trust us is not an answer

The Bush "tax cuts" have been around for 10 years, and Congress kept right on spending more than it had. Calling for identifying spending cuts now to keep them in place is closing the barn door after the cows got out. We need to reign Congress in, period.

What was done before is not a justification for keep doing it.

We cut taxes before and increased spending. Didn't work then, won't work now

Lets try cutting spending FIRST then justify a tax cut

WTF is wrong with you? I am not defending tax cuts, I am asking you why you refuse to attack indiscriminate spending.

We do not have to justify tax cuts, they have to justify spending. It is not their money they are talking about, it is ours. Get Congress under control and make them justify every cent they spend, then we can talk about tax increases.

No need to, nobody's calling for a tax cut. So... spending cuts here we come.

workers do not turn away potential sources of income either.

A workers fixed expenses remain the same if he is working or not. Like it or not, taxes are the governments source of income
honest workers seeking more income look for more productive work, rather than robbing the liquor store then blaming the proprietor for the fact that the money in his till can't support the robber's extravagant lifestyle.

wtf?
I'm pointing out that your scenario doesn't fly, because the "worker" in question here is the federal gubmint, which does not now, nor ever has, engaged in any productive value-added economic activity....Their only way of coming up with more "income" is to shake down the productive, like a street goon knocking off a liquor store.

wtf?
I'm pointing out that your scenario doesn't fly, because the "worker" in question here is the federal gubmint, which does not now, nor ever has, engaged in any productive value-added economic activity....Their only way of coming up with more "income" is to shake down the productive, like a street goon knocking off a liquor store.

Oh...In that case your analogy is one big FAIL

Comparing the US Government raising revenue for operations to robbing a liquor store.

Are you accusing our troops deployed around the world as being nothing more than thieves? That is what our taxes pay for

Comparing the US Government raising revenue for operations to robbing a liquor store.

Are you accusing our troops deployed around the world as being nothing more than thieves? That is what our taxes pay for
The only failure here is yours, in lamely attempting to put military troops on a par with the overdressed hoodlums in the halls of congress.

Try again.

If you can conclusively prove that the only way to cut the deficit is to cut military spending by 95% than have at it with my full support. Since the truth is that all we have to do is reduce the planned increase in spending by a bout 4% to eliminate the deficit in about 10 years you are going to have a hard time selli9ng that one though.

It is not the ONLY WAY, it is the best way of cutting spending. It is spending, like foreign aid that is not spent on the American people. And the military in particular spends over 1/2 the US budget on foreigners. Screw them, be patriotic, protect your own, spend your tax dollars in America. That money leaves America, and does not circulate in the American economy, is not available for bank loans, and only drags you deeper into the deficit black hole.

Further, when we fund US Troops, they die for foreigners, not for us. They come home missing faces, arms & legs & in wheel chairs. And there is no reason on god's earth why we should be anywhere except on US Soil. We also spend billions more to take care of them, and give them the benefits we agree to do. Just bring all our US Troops home.

For instance when a welfare mama gets her check, it is spent in America on Americans and goes into circulation, it is spent at the grocery store benefiting an American company, that sticks it into an American bank, and then buys American products with it.

When we pay Haliburton millions in the ME, the money goes into the Saudi Arabia banks to stimulate their economy, not ours. So which spending should be cut? Cut our own throats, or foreigners throats?

It is a way, it is not necessarily the best way.

OK, what is a better way? Suggest something, or are you just saying there are actually other bad items that could be cut like foreign aid? What is a better way?

It is not the ONLY WAY, it is the best way of cutting spending. It is spending, like foreign aid that is not spent on the American people. And the military in particular spends over 1/2 the US budget on foreigners. Screw them, be patriotic, protect your own, spend your tax dollars in America. That money leaves America, and does not circulate in the American economy, is not available for bank loans, and only drags you deeper into the deficit black hole.

Further, when we fund US Troops, they die for foreigners, not for us. They come home missing faces, arms & legs & in wheel chairs. And there is no reason on god's earth why we should be anywhere except on US Soil. We also spend billions more to take care of them, and give them the benefits we agree to do. Just bring all our US Troops home.

For instance when a welfare mama gets her check, it is spent in America on Americans and goes into circulation, it is spent at the grocery store benefiting an American company, that sticks it into an American bank, and then buys American products with it.

When we pay Haliburton millions in the ME, the money goes into the Saudi Arabia banks to stimulate their economy, not ours. So which spending should be cut? Cut our own throats, or foreigners throats?

OK, what is a better way? Suggest something, or are you just saying there are actually other bad items that could be cut like foreign aid? What is a better way?

There are many cuts that could and should be made. I'm all about cutting 200k federal jobs. Slackers all of em, they should be eating cake just like Mamma Mo Obama wants for the rest of americans.

The only failure here is yours, in lamely attempting to put military troops on a par with the overdressed hoodlums in the halls of congress.

Try again.

Federal gubment pays for our military through our taxes. It is one of our largest expenditures. For you to compare our military to liquor store thieves is despicable

I already pointed out a simple and easy way to reduce the deficit.

If you must borrow money, at interest, to make up for tax revenue, then certainly tax cuts add to the deficit.

What do workers do when they lose income? They cut spending even if it makes life tough at times. Only the government thinks it is allowed to spend as much as it wants with no regard to income. Stupid,Stupid,Stupid.

Workers do not turn away potential sources of income either.

Even is that source of income is stealing more from a neighbor?

Forum List

Back