PBS, Vanessa Williams spark backlash over ‘black national anthem’

I heard it driving home last night on XM Radion (NPR carried it).

Nothing was wrong with the National Anthem. Conservatives simply have too much hate and too little time on their hands .

Our Anthem is for ALL Americans. Having separate ones divides us even further.
Did you hear the performance?

I read about it in advance, but I was too busy honoring ALL of America to listen to her segregated one.
So you have no idea what you're talking about. As per usual.

I do know what I'm talking about since I read she was going to sing an anthem that only represents a segment of America.

No, you know what you read...nothing more. And, if history is any guide, the right wing rage machine served up something they knew would play with a mindless drone such as yourself.

So you're unhinged rage is over something of which you have zero actual knowledge. As per usual.

No, you know what you read...nothing more.

Hmm, I read Black National Anthem in the title of an article.

Didn't read the article, tho.

Blacks have their own nation now?

No.

What you have is a right wing rage machine that keeps feeding shit braid lunatics like you. You're just too much of an idiot to see what's being fed to you.

What you have is a right wing rage machine that keeps feeding shit braid lunatics like you.

First time I've heard the AP called a 'right wing rage machine'.

Blacks of today are all about segregation.

"PBS has sparked tense backlash with its decision to have Vanessa Williams perform the “black national anthem” during its July 4 coverage — with critics blasting the move as divisive and un-American.

Williams’ performance on the station’s annual Capitol Fourth program Sunday evening is intended to celebrate the recognition of Juneteenth’s establishment as a federal holiday.

“It’s in celebration of the wonderful opportunity that we now have to celebrate Juneteenth. So we are reflective of the times,” the actress and singer, who was the first black woman to win the Miss America Pageant, told the Associated Press."

Not sure why there would be a backlash. But I get that Murdoch and his wackos are faux-raging again
I've never seen such delicate little flowers as whitey righties.

Fuck that.

Hello no. No God damn black national anthem.

The national anthem is without color black or white. And now way in hell should it be about color, especially not the blacks. They fucking want everything.

If blacks want their own national anthem then they need to go make their own fucking country.

What does it matter whether someone watched the performance or not? The song she sang is widely known as "the black national anthem".
We know she sang it, so we are free to criticize her for performing separate anthems.
This is supposed to be the "United States", one people, one flag, one Anthem.

You obviously don't have a problem with segregation.

You didn't watch the performance or hear it...yet you're commenting on it as if you did.

Lol!!

Fact: “Lift Every Voice and Sing” is known as the Black National Anthem.

Fact: Vanessa Williams sang it alongside "The Star Spangled Banner".

Fact: She sang them at a July 4th celebration.

"PBS has sparked tense backlash with its decision to have Vanessa Williams perform the “black national anthem” during its July 4 coverage — with critics blasting the move as divisive and un-American.

Williams’ performance on the station’s annual Capitol Fourth program Sunday evening is intended to celebrate the recognition of Juneteenth’s establishment as a federal holiday.

“It’s in celebration of the wonderful opportunity that we now have to celebrate Juneteenth. So we are reflective of the times,” the actress and singer, who was the first black woman to win the Miss America Pageant, told the Associated Press."

She hurt your feelings, did she? (More and more we see a real need for CRT with all the whitey righties losing their sh*t over the littlest things)
Why stop at CRT?

Why not give black people their own nation so they can govern themselves and not be oppressed by a racist system? Don’t oppressed people usually want independence?
You con-tinue to show us why CRT is needed......don't stop. It's accidental promotion.

Not sure why there would be a backlash. But I get that Murdoch and his wackos are faux-raging again

Compared to you, they are
1625496036510.png

She hurt your feelings, did she? (More and more we see a real need for CRT with all the whitey righties losing their sh*t over the littlest things)
Why stop at CRT?

Why not give black people their own nation so they can govern themselves and not be oppressed by a racist system? Don’t oppressed people usually want independence?

What is keeping them from going back to Black dominated Utopian nations of Africa?

One nation.
One people.
One flag.
One Anthem.
United.

I had always thought these were part of the teachings of MLK.
I wonder what he would think today about the attempts of black people and the American left to separate themselves from the rest of us?

Fuck that.

The national anthem is without color black or white. And now way in hell should it be about color, especially not the blacks. They fucking want everything.

If blacks want their own national anthem then they need to go make their own fucking country.

What does it matter whether someone watched the performance or not? The song she sang is widely known as "the black national anthem".
We know she sang it, so we are free to criticize her for performing separate anthems.

You didn't watch the performance or hear it...yet you're commenting on it as if you did.

Lol!!

Fact: Normal people watching are "Well that was nice."

Fact: Whitey righties watching are "OMIGOD! It's all black people! They're singing a 'black national anthem!' OMIGOD! MY HEART!"

One nation.
One people.
One flag.
One Anthem.
United.

I wonder what he would think today about the attempts of black people and the American left to separate themselves from the rest of us?
I guess we have to go back to white and black only drinking fountains

Why stop at CRT?

What is keeping them from going back to Black dominated Utopian nations of Africa?
Because.................they are Americans? (more evidence that CRT is needed more than ever)

One nation.
One people.
One flag.
One Anthem.
United.

Tell us how singing that one song is "separating from the rest of us".

So, now we have a National Anthem, and a Black National Anthem.

What next?

A red National Anthem, for Native Americans?

a pink National Anthem for lgbtq?

A Yellow National Anthem for Asians?

So much for One Nation under God.

Why not? It isn't like they only play 1 song at these holiday concerts. Anyway, the religious tones of the black national anthem will keep it from ever being truly embraced by the left.

Why not give black people their own nation so they can govern themselves and not be oppressed by a racist system? Don’t oppressed people usually want independence?It is not necessary to give them their own nation - that is what states are supposed to be for.

Fuck that.

Lol!!

Fact: Normal people watching are "Well that was nice."

Fact: Whitey righties watching are "OMIGOD! It's all black people! They're singing a 'black national anthem!' OMIGOD! MY HEART!"
So George Washington , Thomas Jefferson , Madison was black?

Who knew

What next?

The next step is to grant them independence. That way they can have their own government and elections, and no longer be oppressed.
Are you kidding me , LBJ has the negros voting democrat for the next 100 years
And that really really really really really really upsets you.

Fuck that.

I don't speak jive
Of course you don't. (Even more evidence that we really need CRT)

What next?

The next step is to grant them independence. That way they can have their own government and elections, and no longer be oppressed.
Are you kidding me , LBJ has the negros voting democrat for the next 100 years
And that really really really really really really upsets you.
He smoked your ass?

One nation.
One people.
One flag.
One Anthem.
United.

One nation
Different people
State flags
State anthems
United States

Fuck that.

I don't speak jive
Of course you don't. (Even more evidence that we really need CRT)
So your giving me freedom to be spelling and Grammer illiterate ?

Thank you

Forum List

Back