🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pediatrician declines to care for lesbians baby.

This is why non-ethical, non-medical ideologists shouldn't dictate medical policy. They don't have the slightest concept of the nature of a doctor's education and ethics. It is ethically wrong for a doctor to fail to refer a patient if he thinks someone else can serve that patient better.

Get a fucking grip, haters. Just because you don't understand the nature of ethical behavior doesn't mean the rest of the world is equally dim.

Doctor s letter explains why she wouldn t care for baby with 2 moms

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom?? Does she decline to care for babies whose parents have anal sex? How about pearl necklaces? Bondage? Fantasy? Erotic asphyxiation? Threesomes? Open marriages? Swing marriages?
How about mixed marriages? Or couples not married at all but live together and have children?

She needs a new calling. Her job is to make sure a baby is healthy...not judge what the parents do in the privacy of their bedroom.

If not mistaken, physicians are legally obligated to care for whoever's in front of them. They are not allowed to pick and choose patients.
Yes they are you retard. A doctor decides who will be their patient in private practice. Now if she does rounds in a Hospital she has no choice.

Don't count on that. There was a case of a psychologist who did marital and relationship counseling. Two lesbians consulted this female psychologist for relationship counseling. The counselor referred them to another psychologist who was trained and experienced in same sex couple difficulties. The lesbians sued and won. The defense wasn't an objection to same sex couples. Nor was the refusal based on religious grounds. The defense was incompetence in a specialty area. That wasn't good enough. The counselor provided services to the lesbians or lose her license.

Why a gay couple would prefer counseling from an inadequate provider was never made clear. The counselor was allowed to provide a waiver of liability agreement for the lesbians to sign indicating that they knew the counselor had no experience or training in same sex relationships and they could not sue her for negligence or malpractice.
What a disgusting excuse for a pediatrician.

Because of this one thing? So any other good she has done is destroyed solely by her being honest about herself and her morals (if that was actually the reason?)

So this is the new litmus test?

She's an pos because she took an oath, and most likely a tax subsidy from all citizens, to treat babies. The baby is a fcking baby, regardless of her parents or your prejudices.

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom?? Does she decline to care for babies whose parents have anal sex? How about pearl necklaces? Bondage? Fantasy? Erotic asphyxiation? Threesomes? Open marriages? Swing marriages?
How about mixed marriages? Or couples not married at all but live together and have children?

She needs a new calling. Her job is to make sure a baby is healthy...not judge what the parents do in the privacy of their bedroom.

If not mistaken, physicians are legally obligated to care for whoever's in front of them. They are not allowed to pick and choose patients.
Yes they are you retard. A doctor decides who will be their patient in private practice. Now if she does rounds in a Hospital she has no choice.

Don't count on that. There was a case of a psychologist who did marital and relationship counseling. Two lesbians consulted this female psychologist for relationship counseling. The counselor referred them to another psychologist who was trained and experienced in same sex couple difficulties. The lesbians sued and won. The defense wasn't an objection to same sex couples. Nor was the refusal based on religious grounds. The defense was incompetence in a specialty area. That wasn't good enough. The counselor provided services to the lesbians or lose her license.

Why a gay couple would prefer counseling from an inadequate provider was never made clear. The counselor was allowed to provide a waiver of liability agreement for the lesbians to sign indicating that they knew the counselor had no experience or training in same sex relationships and they could not sue her for negligence or malpractice.

Because of this one thing? So any other good she has done is destroyed solely by her being honest about herself and her morals (if that was actually the reason?)

She's an pos because she took an oath, and most likely a tax subsidy from all citizens, to treat babies. The baby is a fcking baby, regardless of her parents or your prejudices.

Shut up, moron.

She shuffled a patient to a different doctor in her office. It happens a thousand times a day. Typical drunken dykes see this as an opportunity to sue and get more money for doing nothing. Another way to cash in on the kid they probably paid a liquor store drunk to father.

Why would ANYONE want to force someone to do business with them?

"Oh, you don't like me? I INSIST that you take my money"

this sort of thing is all about control

Exactly! Every now and then, ravtard is accidentally right.

The doctor knew he didn't want to deal with the stupid dykes, and that this could possibly affect his care. So he referred the skanks to someone who probably embraced them with open arms.

Why would ANYONE want to force someone to do business with them?

"Oh, you don't like me? I INSIST that you take my money"

this sort of thing is all about control

Forcing the heteros to serve at the homo whim.

First the gakes. Now they're going to make Christian doctors perform sex change operations, and care for infected vulva rings.

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom??

I think you are falling into the same trap as those who judge homosexuals based only on their disgust for sex between two people of the same gender.

I am all for gay rights- you can see my posts in other threads.

Do I think that this doctor was mistaken? Yes.

Do I think that the doctor made the right decision- maybe so.

Could she have been a good pediatrician for this child if she deeply thought that the parents were living the wrong kind of life? She is clear that she didn't think she could have as intimate of a relationship as she normally has with her patients parents.

I actually am sad that these two mom's posted this. I think that this doctor tried to handle this as well as she could, she even made arrangements for her partner to take care of them.

Exactly! Every now and then, ravtard is accidentally right.

The doctor knew he didn't want to deal with the stupid dykes, and that this could possibly affect his care. So he referred the skanks to someone who probably embraced them with open arms.

Wow- see if the doctor had been like you, I would have been all for the mom's publishing the letter.

But the doctor actually show tact and care- something you will never understand.

Shut up, moron.

She shuffled a patient to a different doctor in her office. It happens a thousand times a day. Typical drunken dykes see this as an opportunity to sue and get more money for doing nothing. Another way to cash in on the kid they probably paid a liquor store drunk to father.

You are truly a sad POS.

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom??

I think you are falling into the same trap as those who judge homosexuals based only on their disgust for sex between two people of the same gender.

Could she have been a good pediatrician for this child if she deeply thought that the parents were living the wrong kind of life? She is clear that she didn't think she could have as intimate of a relationship as she normally has with her patients parents.

I actually am sad that these two mom's posted this. I think that this doctor tried to handle this as well as she could, she even made arrangements for her partner to take care of them.
I think I understand what you're saying, but I disagree a bit. The question to me is how a person aspiring to be a physician can rationally believe she cannot have a personal a relationship with two lesbians and their child as she can with two heterosexuals, or even one heterosexual, and that child.

First of all, no person who is a licensed physician got that license without taking tax dollars. I don't care if they were born a Bush and went to Harvard; they got subsidized training somewhere. GLBT folks paid part of the way for that. It's stealing. Secondly, the physician is deemed to understand medicine, and nothing supports believing that just because two parents are lesbians means they are inherently worse parents than a straight couple or individual. If the doc believes junk science, she shouldn't have a license to begin with. Thirdly, and perhaps more importantly, docs do have to treat conditions they really find disgusting. People have diabetes from gluttony, cirrhosis from debauchery, stds from lust and promiscuity, etc. They don't get to pick and choose. Fourth, the kid's innocent regardless.

So, I understand you can rationally say the doc faced up to the fact that she wouldn't be good for the kid because she has some irrational dislike of gayness. But that doesn't get around the fact that the issue is HER problem.

PS, and fifthly, if the doc really believes these two women are unfit parents. all states have laws requiring she report this to human services.

From the link in the OP:

The Contrerases of Oak Park are going public with their story to raise awareness about the discrimination that the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community continues to face. There is no federal or Michigan law that explicitly prohibits discrimination against LGBT individuals.
For months, the couple kept quiet about what happened to them and their baby — Bay Windsor Contreras — at Eastlake Pediatrics last October.
But the pain and frustration wouldn't go away. So they broke their silence.

Red flag. Yeah, very typical of lesbians in this legal climate to remain mute for months after a doctor allegedly said she wouldn't treat or rather, do a routine checkup on their baby because they are lesbians...

very typical... Or, this is another contrived pack of BS from the LGBT theater group right conveniently on the eve of a US Supreme Court Hearing on gay marriage...

Complete, contrived and choreographed :bsflag:

From the link in the OP:

The Contrerases of Oak Park are going public with their story to raise awareness about the discrimination that the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community continues to face. There is no federal or Michigan law that explicitly prohibits discrimination against LGBT individuals.
For months, the couple kept quiet about what happened to them and their baby — Bay Windsor Contreras — at Eastlake Pediatrics last October.
But the pain and frustration wouldn't go away. So they broke their silence.

Red flag. Yeah, very typical of lesbians in this legal climate to remain mute for months after a doctor allegedly said she wouldn't treat or rather, do a routine checkup on their baby because they are lesbians...

very typical... Or, this is another contrived pack of BS from the LGBT theater group right conveniently on the eve of a US Supreme Court Hearing on gay marriage...

Complete, contrived and choreographed :bsflag:
Or the media seeing an opportune story? That if unreported would have been a non-issue.

She's only a "POS" because she possibly is acting on her morals, which are in opposition to yours. As with most progressives, you have to demonize people who's world outlook is different than yours.

Which reinforces my position that all this isn't about tolerance, its about acceptance.

And one doesn't have to be disgusted by a behavior to think it is morally wrong.

She referred a patient. There's nothing in her letter about referring because the patient had lezbo parents.

The doctor probably has had run ins with them at the store or something, or has had to refer them to child welfare in the past, and then had to deal with all that bs.

She referred a patient. There's nothing in her letter about referring because the patient had lezbo parents.

The doctor probably has had run ins with them at the store or something, or has had to refer them to child welfare in the past, and then had to deal with all that bs.

Ah the fantasies that bigots like yourself make up.

The letter by the doctor was I think responsible- even if I disagree with her decision.

Your crap is just crap.

You are mistaken.

"Refusing to Treat Patients

Physicians do not have unlimited discretion to refuse to accept a person as a new patient. Because much of medicine is involved with federal regulations, physicians cannot refuse to accept a person for ethnic, racial, or religious reasons. Nor can they discriminate based on the person's sex, unless the sex of the patient is relevant to the physician's specialty. Outside these protected areas, physicians have great latitude in refusing to accept persons as patients."
Refusing to Treat Patients

Congratulations on posting absolutely nothing that has any relevance to what you said in the first place.

You are citing discrimination matters, which are not at issue here. And even if they were, nothing there says anything about refusing to accept a patient based on the parents' sexual orientation.

Doctors are not required to accept any patient who shows up at their doorstep, and what your original post implies is that they are.

Forum List

Back