Pelosi: Death of 40-hour work week means freedom to ‘follow your passion’

No one cares about Full Time employement if they can pay their bills with Less. You get the same paycheck and you're trying to pretend that you'll be mad because its not 40 hours but same pay.

Uhhh, Ok. an hourly worker is going to get the same pay for 30 hours as for 40 :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

IF that could happen Gramps is trying to make this about whether or not you can call it "full time employment" or not. My point is if he can earn the same amount whether you call it "full time" or "apple pie" wouldn't matter. Call it whatever you want, no one would care

I, actually, have a new job lined up where I'll be making 15% more that I am now.
I currently work five 10hr days that, more often than not turns into 60 hrs.
My new job will be M-F, 7a-3p (period)
:thup:

This 15% pay increase doesn't mean shit if food, fuel and shelter continue to climb.
IOW I can't chase any damned dreams on an empty tank and an empty stomach

If people expect to work part time and get paid the same as if they were full time, they will be sadly disappointed.

No one cares about Full Time employement if they can pay their bills with Less. You get the same paycheck and you're trying to pretend that you'll be mad because its not 40 hours but same pay.

WTF are you talking about?
They are cutting back hours to 29 a week. So if you are a hourly employee please explain how your pay remains the same?
Florida Minimum Wage = $7.79
Was $7.79 x 40=$311.60 Now $7.79 x 29=$225.91
That is a $85.69 a week loss in pay, or look at it as $342.76 a month loss in pay, over a year that is a $4455.88 pay loss, yet Pelosi says you should be grateful.
Now go off and follow your passions.

Last edited:

They are cutting back hours to 29 a week. So if you are a hourly employee please explain how your pay remains the same?
That is a $85.69 a week loss in pay, or look at it as $342.76 a month loss in pay, over a year that is a $4455.88 pay loss, yet Pelosi says you should be grateful.
No go off and follow your passions.

If he gets his way in raising the minimum wage to $15/hr, people can work half as much for just as much

Just like not working can get ya paid for 2yrs
:thup:

If people expect to work part time and get paid the same as if they were full time, they will be sadly disappointed.

Not if liberal leech faggots in congress have their way. The only ones making sacrifices at that point will be the people who built the businesses and created the jobs.

Folks will no longer be tethered to their job, for fear of losing their health insurance. Most people will be thrilled with that.

Yeah, I have no doubt that Obarrycare will be the "slice of life, that we've been missing for the majority of our lives...

Let's see...you pay, say, $100 a month for your plan. Sounds great! you can walk away from your job and paint seascapes all day. But WAIT!! you fall down a flight of stairs one day (higher than a kite no doubt from partaking of the weed) and you break your arm.

So, you head to the hospital. All good. You get your XRay and a nurse throws a cast on your arm, gives you two percoset and sends you home. All is good. 2 months later, you get the bill for "hospital services" of $8,956.54

Then, after returning to see the Nurse (you WON'T be seeing an MD) to get your cast taken off, you get another bill for $945.00 for "services rendered" for the follow-up care.

So, you have left your job, to paint seascapes, kept that wonderful insurance that Barry PROMISED would save you money, and now owe a cool $10,000.

Congratulations!! Your savior did you a solid!!

Folks will no longer be tethered to their job, for fear of losing their health insurance. Most people will be thrilled with that.

Yeah, I have no doubt that Obarrycare will be the "slice of life, that we've been missing for the majority of our lives...

Let's see...you pay, say, $100 a month for your plan. Sounds great! you can walk away from your job and paint seascapes all day. But WAIT!! you fall down a flight of stairs one day (higher than a kite no doubt from partaking of the weed) and you break your arm.

So, you head to the hospital. All good. You get your XRay and a nurse throws a cast on your arm, gives you two percoset and sends you home. All is good. 2 months later, you get the bill for "hospital services" of $8,956.54

Then, after returning to see the Nurse (you WON'T be seeing an MD) to get your cast taken off, you get another bill for $945.00 for "services rendered" for the follow-up care.

So, you have left your job, to paint seascapes, kept that wonderful insurance that Barry PROMISED would save you money, and now owe a cool $10,000.

Link?

Link?

You'll have your "link" with your first hospital visit. Let me guess....You're one of the folks who actually believe that your "insurance" is actually going to cover something.....my God, unbelievable.....

Do you understand the word "if"? As in "IF they can pay their bills with less"?

Not if liberal leech faggots in congress have their way. The only ones making sacrifices at that point will be the people who built the businesses and created the jobs.

Gramps I'm trying to understand your anger. Are you mad at the possibility of working less and salary remaining the same? Why would that anger you? Do you think Americans don't work enough already?

he's a liberal dingbat, probably feels this way because he is on the taxpayer tit already which is just what Pelosi and her party are pushing...look at the video the Life of Julia to see how they are BRAINWASHING these people...if more buy it we are screwed as a free country

Last edited:

he's a liberal dingbat, probably feels this way because he is on the taxpayer tit already which is just what Pelosi and her party are pushing...look at the video the Life of Julia to see how they are BRAINWASHING these people...if more buy it we are screwed as a free country

Steph YOU ARE THE ONE on the Govt Tit Ayn Rand

Pelosi's mental state is indicative of the sickness throughout our government.

Bingo.

This is what happens when a person (political affiliation irrelevant) allows themselves to become completely wrapped in an ideological coccoon. Imagine being in a prison cell where no light is allowed to enter. It would literally warp your thought processes after a time, and as time went on, it would just get worse. You would believe to your very core that your thoughts, no matter how bizarre, are perfectly real and normal.

A predictable result of allowing for professional politicians. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

You're right, I think it's literally a sickness.

Link?

You'll have your "link" with your first hospital visit. Let me guess....You're one of the folks who actually believe that your "insurance" is actually going to cover something.....my God, unbelievable.....

What is it called when you say something that isn't based in reality or hasn't happened yet?

Bingo.

This is what happens when a person (political affiliation irrelevant) allows themselves to become completely wrapped in an ideological coccoon. Imagine being in a prison cell where no light is allowed to enter. It would literally warp your thought processes after a time, and as time went on, it would just get worse. You would believe to your very core that your thoughts, no matter how bizarre, are perfectly real and normal.

A predictable result of allowing for professional politicians. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

It's sort of a Let them eat Cake comment, but the reality is that the 40 hour week is dying, or dead. It's not exactly a new concept, and it was predicted by Toffler in the Third Wave back in 1980, when I studied IT.

Bingo.

I believe it is too..
we might have to demand TERM limits be put on these people instead of just leaving it up to the voters...and that's for BOTH parties....Congress shouldn't become a Career, they then believe themselves our masters instead of caring or listening to what WE HAVE TO SAY....just my opinion

Last edited:
Liberals believe that only the working hours will be reduced. They will still make the same amount of money.

That would never happen of course. Suppose it did. Employers were required to pay someone working 29 hours a week the same as if they were working 40 hours a week. Another shift would be added ending up with two part time people who make exactly the same as if they were working a full 40 hour week. The business has no choice but to raise prices to cover the higher salaries. The end result is if you make the same salary as you did working 40 hours a week you won't be able to afford to buy anything. The exodus out of the country would accelerate.

Forum List

Back