Pelosi met with thunderous boos.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Nancy Pelosi got herself booed when she said that Edward Snowden violated the law.

Pelosi booed for saying NSA leaker Snowden violated the law - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Pelosi received the loudest boos and heckles from the crowd when she said Snowden had run afoul of the law by leaking documents to the media on a pair of secret NSA surveillance programs.

Edward Snowden might be the last pressure on the existing fissures in the nation, causing them to fully crack and separate.

Of course he violated the law. The law permits unfettered spying on the people. It's the law that's wrong.

People are suddenly waking up to the fact that the government is out of control. These pro-government ideals that prominent Liberals such as Pelosi maintain are gradually becoming unpopular. At this point, even I consider the law to be irrelevant. Had Snowden taken the legal route, we may never have known for certain that our government had been wiretapping our phones and searching our e-mails. Most likely due to the fact such information would have been suppressed.

Nobody believes a person who says, "the government is here to protect you."

Last edited:
People are suddenly waking up to the fact that the government is out of control. These pro-government ideals that prominent Liberals such as Pelosi maintain are gradually becoming unpopular. At this point, even I consider the law to be irrelevant. Had Snowden taken the legal route, we may never have known for certain that our government had been wiretapping our phones and searching our e-mails.

Had Snowden taken the legal route, he'd end up like Aurelia Fedenisn, Tom Drake or Michael Hastings.

The Snowden affair is going to have a huge impact on our elections.

Of course he violated the law. The law permits unfettered spying on the people. It's the law that's wrong.

I agree with that.....I haven't said anything about Snowden because I can't decide what I think he's done. Is he a traitor or a whistleblower everybody is happy with for exposing what NSA is doing, but also wanting him tried for treason? I can tell you this about being a cog in the machine; when you take a security clearance, you're pretty much giving up your Constitutional rights. Mine was in a time of war and 45 years later I know better than to mention activities I was involved in...there's no expiration date on classified information, even if it's declassified. So my criteria is, did he give this information to a foreign government during a war? No. We are in a quasi-state of war with AQ and other jihadists, but they aren't state entities amd are therefore exempt from our treason statuates. At least they were before the Patriot Act. He should have followed whistleblower protocols...maybe he thought he had. As to his destinations now, they aren't his destinations because they're our enemies. He's going places that don't have extradition treaties with us is all. If the DOJ gets their hands on him, whew! he could end up in a black hole for the rest of his days. I doubt that would be justice from what I know at this juncture.

Last edited:

Are you booing and heckling me? :eusa_eh:

laugh_zpse50e200a.png

People are suddenly waking up to the fact that the government is out of control. These pro-government ideals that prominent Liberals such as Pelosi maintain are gradually becoming unpopular. At this point, even I consider the law to be irrelevant. Had Snowden taken the legal route, we may never have known for certain that our government had been wiretapping our phones and searching our e-mails.

Had Snowden taken the legal route, he'd end up like Aurelia Fedenisn, Tom Drake or Michael Hastings.

A huge impact for who? The Democrats who agree with Pelosi, or the Republicans who agree with Pelosi? :cuckoo:

If during WWII a concentration camp guard had told the world what was going on at Auschwitz he too would have been a traitor. Had a member of the stasi come forward and given details of the amount of spying that was going on against the citizens of Germany, he too would have been a traitor. When the government is evil and corrupt, treason to that government is honorable.

After being the "good guys" for so long, since the day the nation was born, it is almost incomprehensible to realize that this government makes us the bad guys. But we are.

A huge impact for who? The Democrats who agree with Pelosi, or the Republicans who agree with Pelosi? :cuckoo:

great point--who's out there challenging the NSA ?
Don't you feel a bit unrepresented ?

I thought the OP said Pelosi met with thunderous boobs LOL

Last edited:

great point--who's out there challenging the NSA ?
Don't you feel a bit unrepresented ?

I thought the OP said Pelosi met with thunderous boobs LOL

/\
this

-Geaux

The way I see it is Snowden strengthened our country by eliminating the #1 source for terrorist to plan and execute terrorism.

And even with the source in place the asshats could not stop Boston, or let it happen depending on who you talk too.

Now the tarp heads will have to go back to (2) soup cans and a string

-Geaux

Last edited:

As it should. Maybe it will spur people to elect those who hold integrity over ambition.

Forum List

Back