Pennsylvania Restorations

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
Someone I know has a very old felony conviction (larceny) in Virginia who has had their gun rights restored in Virginia, but now wants to be able to hunt in Pennsylvania. Anybody know the process they would have to go through to either get the Virginia restoration domesticated in PA or if they would have to start from scratch in PA? The only real link I could find was the low low cost of $4K at some law firm when in VA you can do it yourself for less than $150

Someone I know has a very old felony conviction (larceny) in Virginia who has had their gun rights restored in Virginia, but now wants to be able to hunt in Pennsylvania. Anybody know the process they would have to go through to either get the Virginia restoration domesticated in PA or if they would have to start from scratch in PA? The only real link I could find was the low low cost of $4K at some law firm when in VA you can do it yourself for less than $150
It says here for VA gun owner to Mail documents to PA State Police.

That seems to apply to concealed carried permits not the convicted felon restoration stuff, but thanks. What I have been able to find out thus far is the person may not be banned in PA even if convicted as a felon elsewhere because their gun laws are so liberal toward gun ownership. Apparently there is a list of crimes or out of state equivalents where that only happens so he'll have to see if his offense lines up with one of their privilege loss crimes to see if he even needs to do more.

Forum List

Back