People Are Getting Fired Over Their Nasty Response To Trump Shooting

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
A bunch of people are having a really bad week thanks to their nasty responses to Trump being shot by an assassin.

They're finding out that being a jerk isn't good for your prospects.

This is poetic justice as opposed to social justice:

"It's not just Tenacious D bandmate Kyle Gass. In the wake of the violent assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump's life, plenty of people took to social media to make jokes and comments, and they're reaping the consequences.

School employees, a restaurant worker, a fire chief and a political aide have all lost their jobs or resigned after outrage over their posts, according to statements by their employers and news reports.

Meanwhile, Jack Black ‒ the other member of the Tenacious D duo ‒ said he was "blindsided" as he announced he was ending the rest of their tour and would pause any plans to work with Gass again in the future.

Gass briefly complained on stage that the shooter had missed – a sentiment repeated in various forms across social media in the hours after the assassination attempt.

Celebrities' comments are certainly in the spotlight after a tragic incident, but regular people need to be careful about what they say, too, even if it is meant in jest, communications experts say. Joking about an assassination attempt that left a citizen dead is going too far.

"No matter how private your life is, everybody has an audience," said Karen North, a professor of digital social media at the University of South California and a psychologist. "And there’s always an audience for people misbehaving."

TENACIOUS D: Jack Black's bandmate, Donald Trump and when jokes go too far

Social media posts end in firings, resignations

An instructor at Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky, was put on unpaid leave over what university officials said on Monday was an "offensive and unacceptable social media post." By Tuesday, John James was no longer employed there, though it's not clear if he resigned or was fired, the Louisville Courier Journal, part of the USA TODAY Network, reported.

James' comments about the shooter missing were screenshotted and posted by the conservative social media account Libs of TikTok.

"Words and actions that condone violence are unacceptable and contrary to our values, which call for respecting the intrinsic value and dignity of every individual," Jason Cissell, assistant vice president for communication at Bellarmine, said in a statement to the Courier Journal.

James didn't respond to a request for comment.

Similar comments about the shooting made by other non-celebrities have prompted backlash, too."

Last edited:
As it should be .. employees represent a company, and when the company brand is put into an extremely biased response, such as, "Dang .. they missed" or "Someone else needs to finish this," .. it provides a negative perception of the individual and the company they are employed.

Many company HR departments scan social media for trends and patterns that would reflect negatively with their company. These youngins are stupid to air their grievances that are available to the entire world.

I don't know if this fits here, I think it does.
I live out in the sticks, it's a long ways to town.
Most people that live out here are prepared for anything that may happen, but there are a few that have trouble surviving out here. One of those is a guy that lives about 7 miles from me. I met him because I always stop if I encounter someone broke down or walking along these dirt roads. His car has some issues and he was walking about 11 miles from the paved state highway. That was last fall. He hasn't been able to fix his vehicle or buy another one, and calls on me when he needs a ride to town. (It's about 45 miles to town) Anyway, Sunday he texted me asking if I was going into town and could I pick him up. As I usually do, I agreed to take him to st
Johns.
Normally I just ignore or laugh at his leftist rants, sometimes arguing back, sometimes just laughing. He can believe what he wants, ain't that America!
Anyway, we get about halfway to town, middle of the desert near Zuni wash, and he starts going off on "trump staged this shooting". "You are stupid to believe any of it" "it's not fair that he can't have a new vehicle and lives in a broken down SUV" ect ect.
As I have done before, I told him to believe what he wants, but I don't want to listen to his craziness so be polite in my truck.
He keeps on, and says I should "give him one of my vehicles but I won't because Trump humpers are selfish"
Right there, I stopped. Pulled off the highway and got out and took his cooler, propane bottle and water jugs out of my truck and set them on the ground. By that time he was out too, and very agitated claiming I couldn't leave him there
I reached behind the seat and handed him a gallon of water, and told him don't ever contact me again . I left him right there 25+ miles from anything in near 100 degrees heat. When I came back through about two hours later he and all his stuff was gone. So maybe some Democrat that will listen to his rants picked him up. Don't know... don't care.
I honestly don't have any regrets.

People Are Getting Fired Over Their Nasty Response To Trump Shooting​

Too be sure, Mud, I doubt many of these people are getting fired because they offended their employers! More likely, they are being fired merely out of a fear of civil liability, being charged with inciting hate and violence should something else happen, or out of fear of some sort of public repercussion adversely affecting their business.

Meanwhile, we still wait for the SS to tell us just how this Crooks kid operated in full sight setting up a sniper position on a rooftop near a presidential rally and 'Our Best' failed to even notice until almost too late (or very late for 1-3 people).

As it should be .. employees represent a company, and when the company brand is put into an extremely biased response, such as, "Dang .. they missed" or "Someone else needs to finish this," .. it provides a negative perception of the individual and the company they are employed.

Many company HR departments scan social media for trends and patterns that would reflect negatively with their company. These youngins are stupid to air their grievances that are available to the entire world.
Democraps are just showing everyone where the violence is coming from.

If the violence was really coming from MAGA....their asses would be up shit creek without a paddle.

They wouldn't feel safe broadcasting to everyone on the planet that they're a bunch of braindead, bloodthirsty, peabrains.

Too be sure, Mud, I doubt many of these people are getting fired because they offended their employers! More likely, they are being fired merely out of a fear of civil liability, being charged with inciting hate and violence should something else happen, or out of fear of some sort of public repercussion adversely affecting their business.

Meanwhile, we still wait for the SS to tell us just how this Crooks kid operated in full sight setting up a sniper position on a rooftop near a presidential rally and 'Our Best' failed to even notice until almost too late (or very late for 1-3 people).
We all know that kid was funded by somebody overseas.

Oh, and Joy Reid is going to get sued to fuck and back for the stupid Alex Jones shit she's been saying all week.

Forum List

Back