People Are So Desperate To Leave California

My city is building new homes as fast as they can.

You may want to read the fine print Slick.

With significant growth expected in this area, development is likely to occur with accessory and junior dwelling units, according to the Housing Element. ADUs is where Chula Vista plans to first start executing its plan.

same thing may be happening in Vegas....

Yup. Blackstone looks to be trying to acquire as many as possible, they hit a bit of a cash crunch though. Morons, like this dimwit, don't understand the reality.

And, when there is no one left to actually buy them, what happens?
That is the stupidest comment so far. You clearly know nothing about this area. We have a huge housing shortage. Why do you think that is? People want to live here, and there are plenty of middle class jobs for them to do. Which of these major middle class employers do you think are leaving this area soon?

US Navy
US Marines
United States Customs and Border Protection
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Amazon - they built their largest warehouse here 2 years ago. They are not leaving
Gaylord Hotels - they are building a $1 billion hotel on our bay front.
There are more but that's enough for you to get the picture.

California is not doomed. We are not losing our middle class.

That is the stupidest comment so far. You clearly know nothing about this area. We have a huge housing shortage. Why do you think that is? People want to live here, and there are plenty of middle class jobs for them to do. Which of these major middle class employers do you think are leaving this area soon?

US Navy
US Marines
Amazon - they built their largest warehouse here 2 years ago. They are not leaving

You think those people can afford those homes? And you call me stupid? Brah, wake up.

They are sold before they are even completed. You know nothing about this area of the country. I'm not your brah.

Yeah, but not to the people you claimed. Border Patrol makes 40k a year. They can't afford a 900k house.

Get real.

I did not see the destruction of the middle class that you describe. I still don't see that destruction in my middle class town, which is growing by leaps and bounds with new middle class jobs.
i did not say anything about the destruction of the middle class.....the only time i said middle class was when i described the neighborhood saying it was a solid middle class neighborhood...

US Navy
US Marines

since you say the middle class is not leaving try this....

since you say the middle class is not leaving try this....

San Diego county is the 5th largest county in the country. Our population has grown 8.5% since 2010. We have over 3 million people and last year we had over 14 million tourists. We have Massive military installations and the Port of San Diego with over 64,000 jobs.

This is not a county of only rich and only poor and the middle class here is not leaving. We are building homes for more middle class to live here. We have middle class jobs for them to fill.

Now if people want to buy a house with a swimming pool and live on the coast, they need to be super rich. There are definitely rich areas that have no middle class living amongst them. But the majority of homes sold here are not in that category.

Even so, California has ALWAYS been one of the most expensive places in the country to live, like I keep saying. We make sacrifices to live here and so do most of my neighbors. It's worth it to us, for some it is not. It's all about priorities. My town is solid middle class and we aren't going anywhere. Who would take care of all these tourists?

Well, I have been lurking here and it appears that nobody needs to leave California at all, which is great news to me.
Just move to San Diego county.
Problem solved.

San Diego county is the 5th largest county in the country. Our population has grown 8.5% since 2010. We have over 3 million people and last year we had over 14 million tourists. We have Massive military installations and the Port of San Diego with over 64,000 jobs.

This is not a county of only rich and only poor and the middle class here is not leaving. We are building homes for more middle class to live here. We have middle class jobs for them to fill.

Now if people want to buy a house with a swimming pool and live on the coast, they need to be super rich. There are definitely rich areas that have no middle class living amongst them. But the majority of homes sold here are not in that category.

Even so, California has ALWAYS been one of the most expensive places in the country to live, like I keep saying. We make sacrifices to live here and so do most of my neighbors. It's worth it to us, for some it is not. It's all about priorities. My town is solid middle class and we aren't going anywhere. Who would take care of all these tourists?

and i have never disputed about it being more expensive than most of the country have i?.....and yet i just showed you proof that they are losing the middle class and you dont believe it...show me something saying these 2 articles are wrong and we can call it a draw on that...

And the income taxes they were paying will also be a riddance. But, you don't really worry about that because you know you can always raise taxes higher on the people still staying there. Great game plan.

We have 39 million who choose to live in Beautiful CA. Nearly twice as much as the next biggest state.

I assure you, the piddly few who leave will not be missed.

You think those people can afford those homes? And you call me stupid? Brah, wake up.

Border Patrol Agents are competitively rewarded for their time on the job. In addition to base salary, agents may be eligible for locality pay, overtime pay, and more.

GradeBase SalaryAverage FY 2023 Locality, Overtime and Premium PayTotal Compensation
GL-5$39,910$22,185$62,095
GL-7$45,426$25,726$71,152
GL-9$50,662$29,384$80,046
GS-11$59,319$34,819$94,138
GS-12$71,099$43,523$114,622

Plus...

Locality Pay: You may receive pay on top of your salary, depending on what county you work in. Explore Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Locality Pay Tables.

We have 39 million who choose to live in Beautiful CA. Nearly twice as much as the next biggest state.

I assure you, the piddly few who leave will not be missed.
It's way more than a piddly few. Hell, you guys actually paid for billboards begging people not to leave.

Border Patrol Agents are competitively rewarded for their time on the job. In addition to base salary, agents may be eligible for locality pay, overtime pay, and more.

GradeBase SalaryAverage FY 2023 Locality, Overtime and Premium PayTotal Compensation
GL-5$39,910$22,185$62,095
GL-7$45,426$25,726$71,152
GL-9$50,662$29,384$80,046
GS-11$59,319$34,819$94,138
GS-12$71,099$43,523$114,622

Plus...

Locality Pay: You may receive pay on top of your salary, depending on what county you work in. Explore Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Locality Pay Tables.

Oh, gee, look at that. I was right.

Oh, gee, look at that. I was right.
No..you lied by omission and/or you were just ignorant..as is par for your course. Local pay in San Diego adds over $20k to annual salary.
Some truth..is about the same as no truth, not that I expect you to be able to parse the difference~

BTW..entry level base pay is only relevant for first year...then you start climbing the steps.

No..you lied by omission and/or you were just ignorant..as is par for your course. Local pay in San Diego adds over $20k to annual salary.
Some truth..is about the same as no truth, not that I expect you to be able to parse the difference~

BTW..entry level base pay is only relevant for first year...then you start climbing the steps.

Yes, you start climbing the steps. And that takes time. How long till you get up to GS 11?

And, yet again. How is someone making 70k going to afford a million dollar house?

Show the math.

Forum List

Back