People born bad?

No, it is upbringing and environment, and with the correct parenting, anyone can turn out good.
I don't know about that. My mom was a good mom to my older sister and still to this day, my sister wants nothing more to do with my mom and me. I haven't seen my sister's two kids in almost 7 years now. My mom has not seen them in over 4. :( :( :(

God bless you and them and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. My sister is not as bad as that Adam Lanza guy is, but what she is guilty of is robbing my mom of something that she can never get back and that is watching her grand kids grow up and such a loss has done nothing but crush the heck out of my mom's heart. To me, this is the type of situation that makes me wonder why some people say that time heals all wounds. In my mom's case, time has only made her wound hurt more because of how time has continued to fly by after how much that she has already lost with my niece and nephew. :( :( :(

Last edited:
No, it is upbringing and environment, and with the correct parenting, anyone can turn out good.
I don't know about that. My mom was a good mom to my older sister and still to this day, my sister wants nothing more to do with my mom and me. I haven't seen my sister's two kids in almost 7 years now. My mom has not seen them in over 4. :( :( :(

God bless you and them and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. My sister is not as bad as that Adam Lanza guy is, but what she is guilty of is robbing my mom of something that she can never get back and that is watching her grand kids grow up and such a loss has done nothing but crush the heck out of my mom's heart. To me, this is the type of situation that makes me wonder why some people say that time heals all wounds. In my mom's case, time has only made her wound hurt more because of how time has continued to fly by after how much that she has already lost with my niece and nephew. :( :( :(

I hear you loud and clear on that depriving grandparents comment.

^^^ If you have experience in what I just shared, I hate it for you. Not only have my mom and me been ripped off, but my niece and nephew are being ripped off too and my sister does not care. Neither does her husband and he is the preacher of the church that they go to and here they are keeping their kids from my mom! What my mom and me don't know is why.

God bless you and her and my niece and nephew always!!!

Holly

Anyone remember the movie The Bad Seed? Rhoda was 8 years old and didn't mind murdering a few folks. Which begs the question......

Can children be born psychotic? Or are they made that way due to upbringing and/or environment?

Good Lord! Haven't hear of that movie in quite awhile! Patty Duke played Rhoda and boy did she turn in a good performance. Funny how the only actor I remember is Patty Duke!

I think people can be born bad. Occasionally, we hear of some child showing the signs of or carrying out some horrible deed at a very young age. Other times these actions don't occur until other ages. A bad environment certainly doesn't help the situation. And it's also true that siblings of the bad child come away from everything unscathed and are people who are good as gold.

That wasn't patty duke. It was Patty McCormack.

I loved the scene in the courtyard where Leroy and Rhoda are arguing and Leroy tells her....

They have a little electric chair just for children

lol. I remember that scene too. Then she torched him.

I think at certain stages, including in the womb, wires can get crossed which result in abnormal emotional responses and an inability to make choices using an internal moral compass.

I have seen the same set of loving, attentive parents raise wonderful children and have one turn out bad

Haven't seen the movie (though I saw The Good Son, which was basically the same story), but I read the book. And yes, some people are just born evil.

Anyone remember the movie The Bad Seed? Rhoda was 8 years old and didn't mind murdering a few folks. Which begs the question......

Can children be born psychotic? Or are they made that way due to upbringing and/or environment?

We do not yet know if sociopathic personalities are made or born.

It's sociopathic personalities (rather than psychotics) who are likely to be "bad seeds".

One can be psychotic and be perfectly harmless. In fact most psychotics aren't really functional in society.

But an otherwise functional human being completely lacking empathy is capable of doing anything.

:iagree:

Sociopaths can follow rules, there's just no expectation of remorse when one is broken.

We do not yet know if sociopathic personalities are made or born.

It's sociopathic personalities (rather than psychotics) who are likely to be "bad seeds".

One can be psychotic and be perfectly harmless. In fact most psychotics aren't really functional in society.

But an otherwise functional human being completely lacking empathy is capable of doing anything.

:iagree:

Sociopaths can follow rules, there's just no expectation of remorse when one is broken.

Sociopaths feel the rules don't apply to them....that's the problem...

Good Lord! Haven't hear of that movie in quite awhile! Patty Duke played Rhoda and boy did she turn in a good performance. Funny how the only actor I remember is Patty Duke!

I think people can be born bad. Occasionally, we hear of some child showing the signs of or carrying out some horrible deed at a very young age. Other times these actions don't occur until other ages. A bad environment certainly doesn't help the situation. And it's also true that siblings of the bad child come away from everything unscathed and are people who are good as gold.
sorry but that was Patty McCormack.
that film scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
PATTY DUKE was a young helen keller.. in the miracle worker both classics.

On the day I was born
The nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder
At the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up

Said "leave this one alone"

She could tell right away

That I was bad to the bone

Forum List

Back