People Can Now Carry Guns Without A License In Half Of America's States

Our state went that way last year and I'm against it. I don't want people with no training or testing out on the streets with guns.

There are 330 million people in America, there are more guns than people in America. And that is also just known and registered or estimated guns, trust me, there are a lot more guns in people's hands.

If it truly was a problem thousands (which is a tiny tiny fraction of 330 million) would die every day because "no one is trained" but that doesn't happen at all. Almost all gun deaths are because of criminals. Get rid of criminals then the majority of gun related deaths disappear. Get rid of criminals and every day people don't feel the need as strongly to carry a gun.

I think you're over blowing it. A lot more people have had basic gun training than you think. Even amateurs often have taken a class or had someone knowledgeable they know teach them. I've given basic training myself to maybe 20 people that didn't know anything about guns. Even if they don't it falls back to if it truly was an issue you make it out to be thousands would be dying everyday from guns, but they don't, and most of daily deaths are purely because of criminals.

I reject your hypothesis.

Look at it as the glass being half full:
All the people in half the states can protect themselves and their families from the 5 million illegal men that just waltzed into the country with the help of Mexican drug cartels...:2up:
don't forget to mention the thanx deserved by beijing xiden, the pedophile, for allowing the over taking of AMERICA by the illegals......better yet, thank a SCUM demonRAT for voting for IT

You will violate their rights then?

I don't see it as violating anybody's rights anymore than not allowing felons to own or possess firearms or registering new guns with the federal government. Even the Supreme Court ruled that gun rights can still come with strings attached. You can still own and carry a gun, just get a license to do so.

I don't see it as violating anybody's rights anymore than not allowing felons to own or possess firearms or registering new guns with the federal government. Even the Supreme Court ruled that gun rights can still come with strings attached. You can still own and carry a gun, just get a license to do so.
Lol, you compare the law abiding to felons.

A string I can live with ( Drug Screening with every 4473 Form that includes screening for SSRIs )

There are 330 million people in America, there are more guns than people in America. And that is also just known and registered or estimated guns, trust me, there are a lot more guns in people's hands.

If it truly was a problem thousands (which is a tiny tiny fraction of 330 million) would die every day because "no one is trained" but that doesn't happen at all. Almost all gun deaths are because of criminals. Get rid of criminals then the majority of gun related deaths disappear. Get rid of criminals and every day people don't feel the need as strongly to carry a gun.

I think you're over blowing it. A lot more people have had basic gun training than you think. Even amateurs often have taken a class or had someone knowledgeable they know teach them. I've given basic training myself to maybe 20 people that didn't know anything about guns. Even if they don't it falls back to if it truly was an issue you make it out to be thousands would be dying everyday from guns, but they don't, and most of daily deaths are purely because of criminals.

I reject your hypothesis.

In our society (like any other) there are responsible people and irresponsible people. That's why we have programs like Social Security, because we can't depend on the irresponsible people saving for their own retirement. Most people that drive drunk do so without causing a problem, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of laws making it illegal to drive drunk.

If somebody buys a gun and shoots themselves at home because they had no knowledge or training with a gun, that's their business. But when out in public where me or my family is, I want to make sure me and my loved ones are safe from people that have no idea or experience shooting, even if it's only a fraction of 1%.

Last edited:
Lol, you compare the law abiding to felons.

If you consider a mandate on getting a license to carry in public as a constitutional violation, then isn't it the same for a felon owning a gun? And if not, whats the difference?

I agree, but what are folks supposed to do with more and more communities electing George Soros-backed district attorneys and adopting no-cash bail laws as well?l Crime is skyrocketing and the left seems perfectly happy with that occurrence.

Do what they've always done, get the training and get a license to carry a gun. Crime in my suburb is what got me to do it.

California is issuing more & more ( Have had CCW since 2011 myself )

CCWs are only good if your state creates law to backup the victim instead of backing up the criminal. I don't know if we have reciprocity in New York for example, but even if we did, I would be scared to death to use my gun for self-defense in that state. Look at what they did to that bodega worker in NYC. If not for the public outrage, that poor old guy would still be in prison for being a victim protecting himself.

It was that way for decades and people weren't shooting each other down in the streets. But then back in those days people learned to shoot from the time they were old enough to walk.
I have zero formal training but I trust myself more than some who have had some sort of training.

I'm sure you do, but I guess that all depends on your experience.

I've been to the range before with kids that thought a gun was some sort of toy. One time these two young guys accidentally shot a bullet in the ceiling, and they laughed about it like two little school girls. I don't want people like that carrying a gun around me.

I mean if I'm in a convenient store that's getting robbed and I'm not armed, and another citizen pulled out a gun to challenge the robbers, I would be assured they had the same training and testing I did. Today if that happened, I'd be just as scared of them as I would be the criminal.

Forum List

Back