People Can Now Carry Guns Without A License In Half Of America's States

Our state went that way last year and I'm against it. I don't want people with no training or testing out on the streets with guns.

I have to disagree.....it is a Right.....and the democrats use training and testing as a way to limit that Right...like here in Illinois.

I think people should get as much training as they can afford in time and money, but giving anti-gun fanatics a way to block access to gun ownership is wrong.

A lot of states are like Pennsylvania, and are just greedy for the money, charging $20 for a concealed carry permit that has to be renewed every 5 years.

There are 330 million people in America, there are more guns than people in America. And that is also just known and registered or estimated guns, trust me, there are a lot more guns in people's hands.

If it truly was a problem thousands (which is a tiny tiny fraction of 330 million) would die every day because "no one is trained" but that doesn't happen at all. Almost all gun deaths are because of criminals. Get rid of criminals then the majority of gun related deaths disappear. Get rid of criminals and every day people don't feel the need as strongly to carry a gun.

I think you're over blowing it. A lot more people have had basic gun training than you think. Even amateurs often have taken a class or had someone knowledgeable they know teach them. I've given basic training myself to maybe 20 people that didn't know anything about guns. Even if they don't it falls back to if it truly was an issue you make it out to be thousands would be dying everyday from guns, but they don't, and most of daily deaths are purely because of criminals.

I reject your hypothesis.

Exactly......the vast majority of gun deaths are committed by criminals, and the vast majority of their victims are other criminals.

A lot of states are like Pennsylvania, and are just greedy for the money, charging $20 for a concealed carry permit that has to be renewed every 5 years.
Ca. Is 160.00$ for Sheriff and 150 .00 for class (Initial) and 85.00 for renewal every 2 years

I don't see it as violating anybody's rights anymore than not allowing felons to own or possess firearms or registering new guns with the federal government. Even the Supreme Court ruled that gun rights can still come with strings attached. You can still own and carry a gun, just get a license to do so.

Poll Taxes and Literacy tests as a requirement to vote is unConstitutional.....training requirements and the fees that go with them are simply poll taxes and literacy tests on the Right to own and carry a gun.

I'm sure you do, but I guess that all depends on your experience.

I've been to the range before with kids that thought a gun was some sort of toy. One time these two young guys accidentally shot a bullet in the ceiling, and they laughed about it like two little school girls. I don't want people like that carrying a gun around me.

I mean if I'm in a convenient store that's getting robbed and I'm not armed, and another citizen pulled out a gun to challenge the robbers, I would be assured they had the same training and testing I did. Today if that happened, I'd be just as scared of them as I would be the criminal.

Oh no doubt a lot of people shouldnt own a firearm.
The outdoor range near my house is a testament to that,the over head looks like swiss cheese there's been so many negligent discharges.
That was the first and last time I went to that range.

I'm sure you do, but I guess that all depends on your experience.

I've been to the range before with kids that thought a gun was some sort of toy. One time these two young guys accidentally shot a bullet in the ceiling, and they laughed about it like two little school girls. I don't want people like that carrying a gun around me.

I mean if I'm in a convenient store that's getting robbed and I'm not armed, and another citizen pulled out a gun to challenge the robbers, I would be assured they had the same training and testing I did. Today if that happened, I'd be just as scared of them as I would be the criminal.

There are already laws to take on that issue....but again, the democrats use licensing fees and requirements to make it harder for people to exercise this Right....and if you allow them to, they will increase the taxes, fees and red tape to the point they do in Europe....where only the wealthy and politically connected can own guns.

I've had the training, licensing, and renewal of my license without any problems whatsoever.

I have a friend....he is a hunter who goes out every year with his shotgun and his bow, and brings home game.......He also works 60-70 hours a week, has a family, and can't find the time to spend 16 hours for the Illinois training requirements.......

I've had the training, licensing, and renewal of my license without any problems whatsoever.

What about the poor single mother who can barely afford to pay the bills....let alone pay for a gun? Who has a violent ex stalking her? Do you think she has the time or money to get a concealed carry permit, versus having a relative show her how to shoot?

Sorry, training requirements are tools of gun banners.

But
What about the poor single mother who can barely afford to pay the bills....let alone pay for a gun? Who has a violent ex stalking her? Do you think she has the time or money to get a concealed carry permit, versus having a relative show her how to shoot?

but drug Screenings with every firearm purchase seems prudent

Our state went that way last year and I'm against it. I don't want people with no training or testing out on the streets with guns.

My concern is the law. I believe part of the process to get a permit should include the law and how it is applied.

I believe that many of these cases which are denounced as awful Liberal Judges or Prosecutors would be avoided if the gun owner would just learn the law. Especially if he is going to carry it.

Many times I’ve argued that the laws don’t say what people think it does, or should. It says what it says and means what the courts have decided. I took some training to understand what I was getting into when I got my permit. When the McMichaels case was ongoing I kept telling people that they were screwed. Not because of the color of the victim. But because they literally did everything I was told not to in that training.

Hitting the target is important. Equally important is knowing when you can, and can’t pull. Knowing when you can, and can’t shoot.

I don't know how it is in other states, but here I believe it's $125.00 for a CCW course and $50.00 to renew your license every five years. It's not all that much.

In any case you are talking the lefts stance when the topic is voter-id's. You're creating an extremely rare and unusual situation to try and support your position of not having something. If a person can't afford a CCW, they can't afford a gun either. It's like me saying what about the innocent that gets shot by a citizen that never learned how to use a gun and they have no healthcare insurance? Could that happen? Yes it can. Is it likely to happen? No it isn't.

I have a friend....he is a hunter who goes out every year with his shotgun and his bow, and brings home game.......He also works 60-70 hours a week, has a family, and can't find the time to spend 16 hours for the Illinois training requirements.......

He has a job that doesn't allow vacation time?

There are already laws to take on that issue....but again, the democrats use licensing fees and requirements to make it harder for people to exercise this Right....and if you allow them to, they will increase the taxes, fees and red tape to the point they do in Europe....where only the wealthy and politically connected can own guns.

I totally agree, in commie states they will. In NY you have to go through hell to get a CCW and a lot of people spend a bunch of money and never able to get one. However in my opinion, if a state is going to put you through the ringer to get a CCW, then they certainly don't have laws protecting you if you use a deadly weapon for self-defense. It doesn't even make sense to get one. You may only be buying yourself trouble.

I totally agree, in commie states they will. In NY you have to go through hell to get a CCW and a lot of people spend a bunch of money and never able to get one. However in my opinion, if a state is going to put you through the ringer to get a CCW, then they certainly don't have laws protecting you if you use a deadly weapon for self-defense. It doesn't even make sense to get one. You may only be buying yourself trouble.
I’m fairly sure if I use my EDC ( even in a good shoot ) my CCW will most likely be yanked

Forum List

Back