People getting fired

You can get fired or not hired for being a criminal, even if your crimes were committed outside of work hours. This is well-known.

For what they do on their own time, things that are in no way job related. Does anyone have a problem with that?.

It depends. My job requires me to pass a security background check and maintain an unrestricted driver's license. If I do something stupid on my own time and can no longer meet those criteria, I get fired.

Oh, and I can also be required to take a drug/alcohol test at any time. Failure is an automatic termination.

I guess it depends on what they do, but here I see we are already Trump bashing. It's ridiculous really.

would you get fired from your job if you had a domestic dispute on your own time?

It was not a simple domestic dispute..stop minimizing what Porter did to his wife, he kicked her ass and gave her a black eye.
All which was documented by the police.
I once had to get a security clearance and they go back throughout your life even talking to my neighbors

Why in the hell should someone working next to our president still be working a year later and could not get a security clearance?

FYI, the FBI background check is very thorough and it does take upwards of a year to complete it.
Agree. Just my puny CHL background took 2 months.

How long does it normally take to obtain a Secret security clearance? It is the goal of the FBI to complete the processing for Secret security clearances within 45 to 60 days, once a completed application is submitted. The processing time for each individual case will vary depending upon its complexity.

I guess it depends on what they do, but here I see we are already Trump bashing. It's ridiculous really.

would you get fired from your job if you had a domestic dispute on your own time?

It was not a simple domestic dispute..stop minimizing what Porter did to his wife, he kicked her ass and gave her a black eye.
I once had to get a security clearance and they go back throughout your life even talking to my neighbors

Why in the hell should someone working next to our president still be working a year later and could not get a security clearance?

FYI, the FBI background check is very thorough and it does take upwards of a year to complete it.
Agree. Just my puny CHL background took 2 months.

How long does it normally take to obtain a Secret security clearance? It is the goal of the FBI to complete the processing for Secret security clearances within 45 to 60 days, once a completed application is submitted. The processing time for each individual case will vary depending upon its complexity.
I have no idea and I'd say that most of the people complaining about here have no idea either.

Trump has "doubled down" on defending Porter; sending out a Tweet defending "due process" since he believes a woman's accusation can ruin lives! The man is so touched in the head; but no more so than the people who are still supporting him! :aargh: :ack-1::dunno:

Oh My Allah, Trump supports due process?

The democrats are OUTRAGED, OUTRAGED I TELLS YA.

If one is accused, one is guilty - period. If a woman denounces a man, then the man must be silent and accept punishment.

Long live the Glorious party and Stalinism!

Trump has "doubled down" on defending Porter; sending out a Tweet defending "due process" since he believes a woman's accusation can ruin lives! The man is so touched in the head; but no more so than the people who are still supporting him! :aargh: :ack-1::dunno:
How dare the president defend due process. This is America. We reject due process.

Taking it out of the realm of specific politics....I have problems with it. Women have to often been silenced victims of abuse and harrassment...now they've found a voice and people are listening.

But...in the process of scrambling to be the first to show "zero tolerance" we are forgetting due process and assuming guilt.

Sometimes the evidence is pretty overwelming other times it amounts to nothing more than a person's statement. This bothers me because we are creating a new class of victims in the process and you can't right wrongs by creating new ones.

Talking more specifically - for example Porter - inability to get a security clearance, a legal restraining order, and highly visable black eyes are compelling evidence of a problem. The fact that it was known well before today means he should not have gotten the position in the first place. Sloppy checking.

[

Or at least that's what the ex-wife said.

And hey, if the accusation is made, then that's the end of it. He was denounced, we need no more.

You can get fired or not hired for being a criminal, even if your crimes were committed outside of work hours. This is well-known.
But allegations alone do not a criminal make.
According to the dems that's enough to ruin you forever.

It's not just Dems - it's across the board.
I haven't seen it. Perhaps I should have said regressive liberals.

I think we tend to be blind to our own side's transgressions...

You’re not a fan of due process?

Leftists prefer to use denouncement. They picked up this system from Nazi Germany and Stalin's USSR. They really love it because no need to deal with messy facts.

Yeah, defending due process is so 2017!

If I'm not, then neither is Trump! I'm still waiting for him to apologize to the Central Park 5 he thought should get the "death penalty" even after they found innocent and someone confessed to the crime! Don't play that game with me! It only reflects on him and you! :1peleas: :cul2: :finger3: :eusa_naughty:

Last edited:

If I'm not, then neither is Trump! I'm still waiting for him to apologize to the Central Park 5 he thought should get the "death penalty even after they found innocent and someone confessed to the crime! Don't play that game with me! It only reflects on him and you! :1peleas: :cul2: :finger3: :eusa_naughty:
So do you or don’t you believe in due process?

Forum List

Back