People Opposed To Racial Preferences

160 years after ending slavery, not to mention 60 years of (failed) welfare and social programs, isn't it about time to fish or cut bait? Either we believe that all people have the right and responsibility to succeed or not according their own abilities, or we believe that certain people are inherently unequal in their abilities and should be treated as if they were disabled. Which is it?

160 years after ending slavery, not to mention 60 years of (failed) welfare and social programs, isn't it about time to fish or cut bait? Either we believe that all people have the right and responsibility to succeed or not according their own abilities, or we believe that certain people are inherently unequal in their abilities and should be treated as if they were disabled. Which is it?
Depends on who you ask. Democrats? Black people aren't good enough or smart enough to succeed on their own without help.

Does that sentiment still hold if some people are treated differently/have fewer opportunities? You know the phrase "all things being equal"? The idea behind most of these kinds of racial preferences is, I believe, that all things have NOT been equal, and they are attempting to level the playing field. If people are treated as inherently unequal not because of their abilities, but because of their race, then success will not be based solely on a person's abilities (I'm speaking in general terms, not for any given individuals). Whether you agree or disagree that people are treated differently based on race such that it means some have fewer opportunities, have to work harder/have more ability to reach the same outcomes, etc., surely you can accept that there are plenty of people who do believe that to still be true.

Additionally, welfare and social programs are certainly not limited to any single race.

Does that sentiment still hold if some people are treated differently/have fewer opportunities? You know the phrase "all things being equal"? The idea behind most of these kinds of racial preferences is, I believe, that all things have NOT been equal, and they are attempting to level the playing field. If people are treated as inherently unequal not because of their abilities, but because of their race, then success will not be based solely on a person's abilities (I'm speaking in general terms, not for any given individuals). Whether you agree or disagree that people are treated differently based on race such that it means some have fewer opportunities, have to work harder/have more ability to reach the same outcomes, etc., surely you can accept that there are plenty of people who do believe that to still be true.

Additionally, welfare and social programs are certainly not limited to any single race.
The question is whether the playing field is level today, not 60 or 100 years ago. If anything, racial preferences have tilted the playing field in the opposite direction, while creating feelings of resentment and inferiority at the same time. If people are to be treated as individuals, they can't just be treated as members of some disadvantaged class. Surely I can accept that there are plenty of people who do not believe this to be true, but they are unconsciously adding to racial division.

P.S. Welfare and social programs have disproportionately victimized Black Americans.

The field is not level now and it is because of 60 and 100 years ago as well as continuing white racial preferences you guys purposefully ignore.

The question is whether the playing field is level today, not 60 or 100 years ago. If anything, racial preferences have tilted the playing field in the opposite direction, while creating feelings of resentment and inferiority at the same time. If people are to be treated as individuals, they can't just be treated as members of some disadvantaged class. Surely I can accept that there are plenty of people who do not believe this to be true, but they are unconsciously adding to racial division.

P.S. Welfare and social programs have disproportionately victimized Black Americans.
Bullshit.

Your victimhood fetish is pathetic.
Look white boy, your asses have been getting preferences since the country was started. Do something about your cognitive dissonance.

I agree we need to start judging people on merit, no skin color. We can start by abolishing race-based admissions programs that admit blacks with much worse scores and grades than higher-achieving whites and blacks.

You don’t get rid of racism by codifying it against other races.

I agree we need to start judging people on merit, no skin color. We can start by abolishing race-based admissions programs that admit blacks with much worse scores and grades than higher-achieving whites and blacks.

Can anyone name the uni that's lowering the bar and rolling out the red carpet to allow us supposedly dumb black ppl in ?

I really wanna know

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Can anyone name the uni that's lowering the bar and rolling out the red carpet to allow us supposedly dumb black ppl in ?

I really wanna know
Any University that still uses Affirmative Action (or similar policies) in it's admission decisions.
No one is claiming that these let, in your words, "dumb black people in".
The problem is admitting LESS QUALIFIED people in over MORE QUALIFIED people simply because of their race, ethnicity, gender or any other trait you want to use.
THAT is discrimination (or reverse discrimination if you prefer).

I really wanna know
I never said dumb black people. I said that they are admitting lesser qualifying blacks in over others who are more qualified. When you have to lie about what your opponent said, you’ve already lost.

And you keep asking that SAME question, as if no university is doing this. It’s practically universal, and admissions data by race show it. Yet you keep asking the same thing, over and over.

Any University that still uses Affirmative Action (or similar policies) in it's admission decisions.
No one is claiming that these let, in your words, "dumb black people in".
The problem is admitting LESS QUALIFIED people in over MORE QUALIFIED people simply because of their race, ethnicity, gender or any other trait you want to use.
THAT is discrimination (or reverse discrimination if you prefer).
Okaaay

So who are the people who decide on who is and isn't LESS or MORE qualified ?

Will this person “fit in” with the company? Do they have “enough” experience?

Both of these evaluations are judgment calls and those judgment calls are made by the white supremacists and that's why black people lose out on them. White favoristism has got so bad, that companies would prefer to hire white criminals over black people that are clean.

1651765931065.png

And of course, around 90% jobs are never advertised, they're filled by word-of-mouth and networking: a process which disproportionately disadvantages blk people and favors whites,

Last edited:

The system of White Supremacy has "disproportionately victimized Black Americans".
Not welfare and social programs. Let's get it right.

Lisa558
I never said dumb black people. I said that they are admitting lesser qualifying blacks in over others who are more qualified.

You're saying the same thing.

What you do and many on USMB do, is present their point of view right up UNTIL it's clearly a racist statement.

You makes these statements that lead up to an obvious conclusion (that black folks are inherently dumber than whites and Asians) but short of saying whites and Asians are better, b4 you stop and wink at other white supremacists.

You aren't going to say whites are better or blacks are dumber but you won't mind others who'll say it for you. YES - You haven't literally said "blacks are dumb" but you imply it n have no problem with others saying it

Last edited:
Lisa558
I never said dumb black people. I said that they are admitting lesser qualifying blacks in over others who are more qualified.

You're saying the same thing.

What you do and many on USMB do, is present their point of view right up UNTIL it's clearly a racist statement.

You makes these statements that lead up to an obvious conclusion (that black folks are inherently dumber than whites and Asians) but short of saying whites and Asians are better, b4 you stop and wink at other white supremacists.

You aren't going to say whites are better or blacks are dumber but you won't mind others who'll say it for you. YES - You haven't literally said "blacks are dumb" but you imply it n have no problem with others saying it
Do YOU think "blacks are dumb?" If not, what is your problem?

Lol! Whites continue getting preferences only because of race. Lisa is one of them.

I never said dumb black people. I said that they are admitting lesser qualifying blacks in over others who are more qualified. When you have to lie about what your opponent said, you’ve already lost.

And you keep asking that SAME question, as if no university is doing this. It’s practically universal, and admissions data by race show it. Yet you keep asking the same thing, over and over.
That's a lie that has been claimed by racist whites sine AA was first ordered. Again white females have benefitted most from affirmative action. That's what YOU are Lisa. So you were hired for a job over a more qualified black person.

Okaaay

So who are the people who decide on who is and isn't LESS or MORE qualified ?

Will this person “fit in” with the company? Do they have “enough” experience?

Both of these evaluations are judgment calls and those judgment calls are made by the white supremacists and that's why black people lose out on them. White favoristism has got so bad, that companies would prefer to hire white criminals over black people that are clean.

View attachment 640872

And of course, around 90% jobs are never advertised, they're filled by word-of-mouth and networking: a process which disproportionately disadvantages blk people and favors whites,
We were talking about University admissions, not hiring. You think that ALL admissions officers are "white supremacists"?
Less or more qualified can be determined for starters by GPA and test scores.

Forum List

Back