Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

What do you mean no jobs? The stimulus hired millions of people.
Temporary jobs..part time jobs and in the government..

A lot of them were direct benefits to small businesses. It was designed that way. Remember, it was a Green stimulus?

Through that stimulus grant to my city I was able to purchase a new GE Hybrid energy water heater ($1430.00 at Lowes, now $899) and receive back from the city $1200.00 in credit on my energy bill, which meant I didn't get an electric bill for 5 months. Pretty great.

One catch: I had to hire a local plumber to professionally install it. This was by design in the stimulus: stimulate business for local companies. They charged me an outrageous $400, but look what I got: professional installation and a new 50 gallon water heater that costs an EnergyGuide average of $198 per year instead of the $600-$800 per year with my old Kenmore. All for $630.

And GE sold another cutting edge tech water heater. Helping their profits.

And Lowes had another water heater sale. Helping their profits.

And my local plumber had a $400 job on the books. Helping their profits.

And that's the 2009 Stimulus Act in a nutshell.

So why did you need the welfare? You could have done the job yourself justifiably if it would save you so much. Why did you need the nanny state to prompt you to do something that made economic sense? I replace my water heater for $400 with a new one and didn't need anyone else, GE and Lowes still made their profits, no plumper involved.

Because I was able to buy a new hybrid water heater for $230!
4i6Ckte.gif

Even counting the installation it was a steal.

I wasn't in the market for a water heater until this deal, then it made perfect sense. And it stimulated the economy, locally and nationally.

Any purchase stimulates the economy, you said it made economic sense without the welfare. So why didn't you do it before?

There was no welfare.

It made economic sense with the stimulus incentive. Without it I would have paid the full $1430.00 and then still may have opted for the pro install, since it isn't your normal water heater, plus they needed to drill through the outer wall to run the drip PVC, for the heat pump portion of the water heater. Plus they hauled away my old one.

Please show me where in the article the author painted "most on the right" as having commonality with Jones.

From the article:

His impact is not so much his bizarre individual conspiracy theories but that his style of righteous rage infects and, in some cases, dominates the political rhetoric on the right.

<<snip>>

The dirty secret of many conservatives is that they never admit to actually reading Mr. Jones’s ranting, but they also never publicly denounce him.

The fact is most conservatives have no clue what Jones says day to day. The only place I see his stuff is occasionally on this forum. I don't click on it any more than I would the huffington post. If a link source is not identified I usually inspect the elements of the post to see where the link leads.

I don't see any broad-brushing of right-wingers in your highlighted sections - or for that matter, any use of the term "most".

Nope, just the use of the term "many" and "dirty little secret". The intent is clear, because righteous people don't have "dirty little secrets.

The author of the OP is a conservative radio host.

The only way to see the "intent" you find so clear is to really want to see it.

Must not be a very prominent host, I've never heard of him.

You don't live in the midwest.

I don't see any broad-brushing of right-wingers in your highlighted sections - or for that matter, any use of the term "most".

Nope, just the use of the term "many" and "dirty little secret". The intent is clear, because righteous people don't have "dirty little secrets.

Charlie Sykes - Wikipedia

Must not be very good if he was never syndicated.

This is so typical of you.

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html
You're accusing Republicans of being paranoid? Really?

Asking the question then ending with "really?" Is the perfect response that says nothing.

You asked that question? Really?

See?
You know exactly what it says, douche bag.

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html

Asking the question then ending with "really?" Is the perfect response that says nothing.

See?

You're accusing someone else of being a douchebag? Really?

See?

Yes. I'm accusing you of being a douche bag.

Temporary jobs..part time jobs and in the government..

A lot of them were direct benefits to small businesses. It was designed that way. Remember, it was a Green stimulus?

Through that stimulus grant to my city I was able to purchase a new GE Hybrid energy water heater ($1430.00 at Lowes, now $899) and receive back from the city $1200.00 in credit on my energy bill, which meant I didn't get an electric bill for 5 months. Pretty great.

One catch: I had to hire a local plumber to professionally install it. This was by design in the stimulus: stimulate business for local companies. They charged me an outrageous $400, but look what I got: professional installation and a new 50 gallon water heater that costs an EnergyGuide average of $198 per year instead of the $600-$800 per year with my old Kenmore. All for $630.

And GE sold another cutting edge tech water heater. Helping their profits.

And Lowes had another water heater sale. Helping their profits.

And my local plumber had a $400 job on the books. Helping their profits.

And that's the 2009 Stimulus Act in a nutshell.

So why did you need the welfare? You could have done the job yourself justifiably if it would save you so much. Why did you need the nanny state to prompt you to do something that made economic sense? I replace my water heater for $400 with a new one and didn't need anyone else, GE and Lowes still made their profits, no plumper involved.

Because I was able to buy a new hybrid water heater for $230!
4i6Ckte.gif

Even counting the installation it was a steal.

I wasn't in the market for a water heater until this deal, then it made perfect sense. And it stimulated the economy, locally and nationally.

Any purchase stimulates the economy, you said it made economic sense without the welfare. So why didn't you do it before?

There was no welfare.

It made economic sense with the stimulus incentive. Without it I would have paid the full $1430.00 and then still may have opted for the pro install, since it isn't your normal water heater, plus they needed to drill through the outer wall to run the drip PVC, for the heat pump portion of the water heater. Plus they hauled away my old one.

Without the stimulus there still would have been a 3-4 year payback that's about a 25-30% return, not bad. Personally I would question the claims of energy savings, a refrigeration unit that small couldn't have a large BTU output. Then you have to keep the evaporator coil clean, meaning more maintenance. And a helpful note, make sure you keep up with the anodes in the tank or electrolysis will damage the condenser coil.

See?

Yes. I'm accusing you of being a douche bag.

Really?

From the article:

His impact is not so much his bizarre individual conspiracy theories but that his style of righteous rage infects and, in some cases, dominates the political rhetoric on the right.

<<snip>>

The dirty secret of many conservatives is that they never admit to actually reading Mr. Jones’s ranting, but they also never publicly denounce him.

The fact is most conservatives have no clue what Jones says day to day. The only place I see his stuff is occasionally on this forum. I don't click on it any more than I would the huffington post. If a link source is not identified I usually inspect the elements of the post to see where the link leads.

You don't live in the midwest.

Your right, but we have a local talk guy that's been on a few years and is already syndicated in WA, OR, GA, LA and NY that I know of, and getting more all the time.

My ideology for the US is based in the Constitution as written
So Trump should be sued under the Emoluments Clause?

Selling consumer goods and services at market prices does not an emolument make. Deal with it. BTW there's already two suits that have been filed if figure both will be dismissed for lack of standing, at least they should be.

Your side’ is wrong – wrong on most, if not all, the issues.
matter of opinion which is not a fact.

Indeed, a majority of Americans oppose failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma, and disapprove of the reckless rightwing agenda.
And yet the Democrats have lost the Senate, House, and the Presidency

As for the thread premise, it’s spot-on, illustrating the bane of conservativism perfectly: that conservatives are, for the most part, frightened of change, diversity, and dissent; and as a consequence of that fear of change and dissent conservatives have engaged in demagoguery and fearmongering in an attempt to intimidate those who dare oppose the reprehensible right.
It doesn't really say that, it says we are all paranoid...............and your side has no moral high ground considering the violence brought to the public's eye by your protests..........

At some point the malignancy that is conservatism will be gone, the only question is what damage will that malignancy have caused, and how much of the damage is irreparable.
LOL. We feel the same way about you.

Biiiiitch! LMAO!

All that article is trying to do is deflect away from the leftist shooter last week by saying "but Alex Jones though".

Fucking pathetic is what it is. Trying to compare Alex Jones' whackadoodle singular person to the whole "resist" movement + Antifa + BLM + BAMN and whatever other butthurt-ass legal election 7 months ago denying organizations there may be.

Their rhetoric is what got that guy all whipped up to go shoot Congressmen, OK?

Not Alex Jones.

What does "BAMN" stand for again? There's your answer as to what triggered the guy, not Alex Jones.

Forum List

Back