Perfect example for 2nd amendment rights.

I understood his answer. We wonder why you don't.

Trolling?
Excellent, then please explain his answer and how it directly addressed my question.

Now read this carefully.

It's OK to follow along with your finger on the screen

And it's even all right to move your lips while you read.

You asked me if I agree with the machine gun restrictions

I said I don't think the additional permit or the additional taxes are necessary and that anyone who can legally buy a firearm should be able to buy a fully automatic weapon.

We can surmise from this that since the current regulations require both the additional permit and tax as well as passing the background check that I disagree with 2 points of the current law regarding automatic weapons but not all the regulations

Ergo ( that means therefore) One can see the answer to your question was not simply a yes or no

Did you understand that or should I use smaller words?
Thatā€™s great, thanks you. I wish you would have simply said that a day ago instead of going round about for pages and pages of posts.

So letā€™s take away the additional permit and the taxes and look at what is needed for somebody to legally purchase a firearm, which you apparently agree with. What process to determine somebodies legality to sell or purchase a gun to you agree with?

Iā€™m asking with honest intent of learning what your position is BTW. Not trying to lay bait.

I would also support a tattoo for violent felons. This tattoo would be given to violent felons who can no longer buy guns, it would be on the shoulder, hidden by a shirt. If you are going to sell a gun to someone, you simply ask to see their shoulder, if they have the tattoo, they aren't allowed to buy...even less fuss and muss than a phone service. This would take care of all background check needs without targeting law abiding gun owners, it wouldn't create a gun registry, and actual felons would be known instantly, at gun stores, gun shows, private sales...everywhere....
Tattoos can be removed

True, but not completely, and a removed tattoo in that location would be a warning to the seller, they could then ask for a better background check...

Thatā€™s exactly what a dodge is.

Trolling?
Excellent, then please explain his answer and how it directly addressed my question.

Now read this carefully.

I said I don't think the additional permit or the additional taxes are necessary and that anyone who can legally buy a firearm should be able to buy a fully automatic weapon.

We can surmise from this that since the current regulations require both the additional permit and tax as well as passing the background check that I disagree with 2 points of the current law regarding automatic weapons but not all the regulations

Ergo ( that means therefore) One can see the answer to your question was not simply a yes or no

Thatā€™s great, thanks you. I wish you would have simply said that a day ago instead of going round about for pages and pages of posts.

So letā€™s take away the additional permit and the taxes and look at what is needed for somebody to legally purchase a firearm, which you apparently agree with. What process to determine somebodies legality to sell or purchase a gun to you agree with?

Iā€™m asking with honest intent of learning what your position is BTW. Not trying to lay bait.

Westwall had an idea in a thread a couple days ago....he said it can already be done...a toll free number where you run the buyers name and drivers license number.....they tell you if they have felony convictions or outstanding warrants....

Done....

No records, no registration, and it costs nothing, and is easy and doesn't target law abiding gun owners....
Iā€™m fine with a quick and easy process. How do you feel about a waiting period to help reduce impulse/emotional buys which could be followed by crimes.

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

I would also support a tattoo for violent felons. This tattoo would be given to violent felons who can no longer buy guns, it would be on the shoulder, hidden by a shirt. If you are going to sell a gun to someone, you simply ask to see their shoulder, if they have the tattoo, they aren't allowed to buy...even less fuss and muss than a phone service. This would take care of all background check needs without targeting law abiding gun owners, it wouldn't create a gun registry, and actual felons would be known instantly, at gun stores, gun shows, private sales...everywhere....
Tattoos can be removed. In todayā€™s age Iā€™d think a finger print or retina scan would be totally doable and way more accurate. Agree?

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

Westwall had an idea in a thread a couple days ago....he said it can already be done...a toll free number where you run the buyers name and drivers license number.....they tell you if they have felony convictions or outstanding warrants....

Done....

No records, no registration, and it costs nothing, and is easy and doesn't target law abiding gun owners....
Iā€™m fine with a quick and easy process. How do you feel about a waiting period to help reduce impulse/emotional buys which could be followed by crimes.

Why delay the purchase by those not intending to commit a crime because someone may?

I guess we could also delay the rental of trucks as well because a very small number might want to use them to blow up federal buildings?

Now read this carefully.

Done....

Why delay the purchase by those not intending to commit a crime because someone may?

I guess we could also delay the rental of trucks as well because a very small number might want to use them to blow up federal buildings?
Apples and oranges in my opinion. Putting a buffer in the time frame of purchasing a gun eliminates the impulse actions that somebody in an emotional state may go through, give them some time to cool off. I donā€™t see it as a huge inconvienenve on law abiding citizens either. There are plenty of products that we have to wait for. Hell, Amazon prime even takes two days to deliver and thatā€™s lightning fast!

Just because I didn't give you the yes or no answer you wanted in no way means I dodged any question

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

I did say that
You just didn't understand it

And I also answered the second part of your question when I replied to you that I think it's acceptable that convicted felons and the adjudicated mentally ill cannot legally purchase firearms.

Now read this carefully.

Done....

Apples and oranges in my opinion. Putting a buffer in the time frame of purchasing a gun eliminates the impulse actions that somebody in an emotional state may go through, give them some time to cool off. I donā€™t see it as a huge inconvienenve on law abiding citizens either. There are plenty of products that we have to wait for. Hell, Amazon prime even takes two days to deliver and thatā€™s lightning fast!

A huge SO WHAT? So the theory is that someone hell bent on murder, the worst possible thing a human can do to another human, will go to a gun shop to buy the ONLY TOOL he could possibly use to MURDER?

See the problem to start with?

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

Done....

No need.

Done....

A huge SO WHAT? So the theory is that someone hell bent on murder, the worst possible thing a human can do to another human, will go to a gun shop to buy the ONLY TOOL he could possibly use to MURDER?

Somebody hell bent on murder is likely going to achieve it one way or another. In other cases you might have somebody going through an emotional episode. Could be a domestic altercation, could be a firing from the work place, maybe a spouse was found cheating, or their dog just died who knows. But if a person is in an emotional state and wants to inflict harm on themself or another then a gun is the most efficient and destructive tool to use so doing something to prevent emotional purchases could prevent death. It doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a waiting period, thatā€™s just one idea. The point is to do our best to make sure people who buy and own weapons are responsible, law abiding citizens and of sound mind. Can we at least agree on that last point?

Done....

Somebody hell bent on murder is likely going to achieve it one way or another. In other cases you might have somebody going through an emotional episode. Could be a domestic altercation, could be a firing from the work place, maybe a spouse was found cheating, or their dog just died who knows. But if a person is in an emotional state and wants to inflict harm on themself or another then a gun is the most efficient and destructive tool to use so doing something to prevent emotional purchases could prevent death. It doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a waiting period, thatā€™s just one idea. The point is to do our best to make sure people who buy and own weapons are responsible, law abiding citizens and of sound mind. Can we at least agree on that last point?

No.

Done....

No, you are simply showing bias. There are countless articles on how an individual murdered his target without the use of a gun. Each one of those were 100% efficient. Yet you think you end this by delaying it? That's not even close to rational thought.

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

I did say that

And I also answered the second part of your question when I replied to you that I think it's acceptable that convicted felons and the adjudicated mentally ill cannot legally purchase firearms.
For over 20 pages Iā€™ve been asking pretty straight forward questions and getting everything including the kitchen sink for answers EXCEPT answer that directly address my questions. Pops and his crew of dupes, about 5 others, all either dodged my question or simply replied with insults. So I feel like Iā€™ve been a broken record in this thread asking the same shit over and over. I just went back and reread the thread and I will say that you have been more direct than that band if idiots. I apologize if I took my frustration out on you as I may have gotten you confused with them. You danced around the point a bit when we started our discussion but got too it realatively quickly, so Iā€™ll thank you for that.

So moving forward, Iā€™m curious. Youā€™ve stayed that you are ok with preventing criminals and the mental ill from buying guns, Iā€™m assuming that means you support back ground checks as thatā€™s the only way to tell if a customer qualifies or not, am I correct?

No.
You see the shit answers I have to deal with? I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and apologize for venting my frustrations towards you in my last post, but you are proving to be the pain in the ass that I thought you were. If you want to engage with me then step it up and engage in an intelligent way. Donā€™t draw out pages of pointless back and forth. If you donā€™t agree with me then state why.

No, you are simply showing bias. There are countless articles on how an individual murdered his target without the use of a gun. Each one of those were 100% efficient. Yet you think you end this by delaying it? That's not even close to rational thought.
Did you read my statement Pops? How in the world did you get that I think we would end murder by preventing emotional gun purchases? Come back to earth. Here, since you are acting like a child Iā€™ll even copy the first line of my last statement again for you to read... really let this soak in...

ā€œSomebody hell bent on murder is likely going to achieve it one way or another.ā€œ

So tell me how after reading those words from my last statement, how can you possibly imply that Iā€™m saying we could end impulse murder by delaying gun purchases. I literally said the opposite of that. Please explain your logic.

No.
You see the shit answers I have to deal with? I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and apologize for venting my frustrations towards you in my last post, but you are proving to be the pain in the ass that I thought you were. If you want to engage with me then step it up and engage in an intelligent way. Donā€™t draw out pages of pointless back and forth. If you donā€™t agree with me then state why.
I thought you wanted yes or no answers

No.
I thought you wanted yes or no answers
Oh ok, good call. Letā€™s just leave it at that then

Trolling?

Now read this carefully.

I did say that

For over 20 pages Iā€™ve been asking pretty straight forward questions and getting everything including the kitchen sink for answers EXCEPT answer that directly address my questions. Pops and his crew of dupes, about 5 others, all either dodged my question or simply replied with insults. So I feel like Iā€™ve been a broken record in this thread asking the same shit over and over. I just went back and reread the thread and I will say that you have been more direct than that band if idiots. I apologize if I took my frustration out on you as I may have gotten you confused with them. You danced around the point a bit when we started our discussion but got too it realatively quickly, so Iā€™ll thank you for that.

So moving forward, Iā€™m curious. Youā€™ve stayed that you are ok with preventing criminals and the mental ill from buying guns, Iā€™m assuming that means you support back ground checks as thatā€™s the only way to tell if a customer qualifies or not, am I correct?

YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN. We cannot open a closed mind!

No one denies that a violent, or potentially violent criminal should not have the tools to commit violent activities. The problem is, and I have demonstrated, you think a damn regulation will stop a violent criminal from acting out violently because he would be violating the law in obtaining one illegally.

The game you are playing is one of absurdity.

Murderers Murder, it's what they do

Rapists Rape, it's what they do.

THEY could give a rats ass what new bans or regulations you enact, it would go against THEIR NATURE TO CARE.

Game over dude, give it a rest.

Did you read my statement Pops? How in the world did you get that I think we would end murder by preventing emotional gun purchases? Come back to earth. Here, since you are acting like a child Iā€™ll even copy the first line of my last statement again for you to read... really let this soak in...

ā€œSomebody hell bent on murder is likely going to achieve it one way or another.ā€œ

So tell me how after reading those words from my last statement, how can you possibly imply that Iā€™m saying we could end impulse murder by delaying gun purchases. I literally said the opposite of that. Please explain your logic.

Then why the questions about delaying the purchase. To what ends?

A solution to a non existent problem.

Last edited:

Now read this carefully.

I did say that

YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN. We cannot open a closed mind!

No one denies that a violent, or potentially violent criminal should not have the tools to commit violent activities. The problem is, and I have demonstrated, you think a damn regulation will stop a violent criminal from acting out violently because he would be violating the law in obtaining one illegally.

The game you are playing is one of absurdity.

Murderers Murder, it's what they do

Rapists Rape, it's what they do.

THEY could give a rats ass what new bans or regulations you enact, it would go against THEIR NATURE TO CARE.

Game over dude, give it a rest.
See pops the problem is all that crap you just claimed I think... I really donā€™t think. Just like you did with my last post, you regurgitate my positions incorrectly. I donā€™t know if you it because you donā€™t read/understand my statements or because you are such a weak debator that you have to lie about your opponents. Either way, itā€™s lazy and dishonest.

Forum List

Back