Persia Or Iran

I was in college during the time of the Iranian Revolution and when the subsequent hostage situation took place.

The Iranian exchange students at my university began using the term "Persia" when people asked them what country they were from.

It was funny watching the geographical challenged Americans look of relief to find out the students weren't from Iran. .. :lol:
Even before the Iranian Revolution, if you met a member of the Iranian military in our Base Exchanges and you asked them where they came from, they would say Persia. Mind you, these visitors were proud to say they came from Persia even in the early 70's, which was way before the Revolution. Maybe SunniMan can give us an explanation for that.

Bad enough the Muslims all but totally annihilated the indigenous Persians. Now they even insult & humuliate those few who still live in Iran by honoring their Zoroastrian holidays. Needless to say, this doesn't bode well with the Parsis.

I was in college during the time of the Iranian Revolution and when the subsequent hostage situation took place.

The Iranian exchange students at my university began using the term "Persia" when people asked them what country they were from.

It was funny watching the geographical challenged Americans look of relief to find out the students weren't from Iran. .. :lol:
Even before the Iranian Revolution, if you met a member of the Iranian military in our Base Exchanges and you asked them where they came from, they would say Persia. Mind you, these visitors were proud to say they came from Persia even in the early 70's, which was way before the Revolution. Maybe SunniMan can give us an explanation for that.

Simple explanation.

The older conservative generation held on to the historical name 'Persia'.

Whereas, the younger generation which supported the revolution and overthrow of the Shah predominately used the name 'Iran'. .. :cool:

The ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and human rights abuses carried out by Israel against Palestinians is ongoing. These crimes against humanity of Israel against Palestinians
began over 65 years ago and continue. And as long as they continue, people of conscience will oppose them.

But its all old news, Israel is here now. Live in the now like you said jack ass.:eusa_liar:

Can you read? It is a continuing crime against humanity filled with never ending human rights abuses and continuing violations of intl law. It is hard for me to see the justification for enforcing intl law against new violators, as we watch continuous severe never ending violations of intl law by Israel and tbe absence of steps being taken to enforce intl law against Israel. The words that describe this phenomenon are double standards and Hypocrisy.

It's old news, live in the now. Israel is here to stay.:eusa_angel:

Bad enough the Muslims all but totally annihilated the indigenous Persians. Now they even insult & humuliate those few who still live in Iran by honoring their Zoroastrian holidays. Needless to say, this doesn't bode well with the Parsis.

At first the Islamist govt. tried to ban the celebration of Zoroastrian holidays such as Iranian New Year., etc. Then they realized its an ancient tradition and there's no way Iranians will accept it and will do it anyway in private. Why add to the anger and suffering of a people already about to burst from all the pressures of the oppressive regime and destroyed economy?

Pick and choose your battles.

At first the Islamist govt. tried to ban the celebration of Zoroastrian holidays such as Iranian New Year., etc. Then they realized its an ancient tradition and there's no way Iranians will accept it and will do it anyway in private. Why add to the anger and suffering of a people already about to burst from all the pressures of the oppressive regime and destroyed economy?
The rafidi (shia) engage in all sorts of unIslamic celebrations and practices.

So this doesn't surprise me. .. :cool:

Idiot, these celebrations have been going on for thousands of years before the invasion of the Islamist Arabs.

Islam has got to be the most miserable depressive religions. Constantly mourning and demanding and dark and bleak, there are hardly any celebrations. And you wonder why Muslims want to blow themselves up.

Many Iranians are so ashamed to admit they are Iranians that they tell everyone they are Persians. How can we blame them for that? If I were born an Iranian I sure as hell would tell everyone I am a Persian.

Idiot, these celebrations have been going on for thousands of years before the invasion of the Islamist Arabs.
And according to the Quran they are Not allowed to participate in the pagan holidays of the Zoroastrian.

But the rafidi still do it and think it's OK.......which is just another reason many Sunni's do not consider them to be muslims. .. :cool:

Many Iranians are so ashamed to admit they are Iranians that they tell everyone they are Persians. How can we blame them for that? If I were born an Iranian I sure as hell would tell everyone I am a Persian.

Most Iranians yearn for the glory days of the Shah when announcing your Iranian nationality made you proud.

Now, with these Islamist animals in charge, making Iranians look like a bunch of backwards ass, criminal savages for the last 30 years, Iranians hang their head in shame and embarrassment. This is not who they are. They were naive enough to believe the deception and lies of the Islamists and revolutionaries and now have big-time buyer's remorse.

And according to the Quran they are Not allowed to participate in the pagan holidays of the Zoroastrian.

But the rafidi still do it and think it's OK.......which is just another reason many Sunni's do not consider them to be muslims. .. :cool:
Ha ha ha. Trust me....Once this regime collapses and the images of the Islamist leaders and their cronies are shown hanging from the street lights all across the world, Islamism will be outlawed in Iran. You and the rest of the Neanderthals can have all of Islam and the "good" that it brings for yourselves. LOL

The "pagan" celebrations were going on long before the koran began as writings on shithouse walls.

Most Iranians yearn for the glory days of the Shah when announcing your Iranian nationality made you proud.

Now, with these Islamist animals in charge, making Iranians look like a bunch of backwards ass, criminal savages for the last 30 years, Iranians hang their head in shame and embarrassment. This is not who they are. They were naive enough to believe the deception and lies of the Islamists and revolutionaries and now have big-time buyer's remorse.

I have met many Iranians in California when I was stationed there, they are a beautiful people with an amazing cuisine and fantastic culture, they deserve better than piece of shit regime currently running that country.

Forum List

Back