🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Personal relationship with Jesus.. and Once Saved Always Saved are NOT in the Bible

Did you ever consider that the catholic church of today is nothing like the catholic church of antiquity? Perhaps Peter was the perfect Pope, and did exactly as Jesus intended. Can you say the same about every other pope since him? Even the ones who cooperated with Hitler?
maybe you should read more of my posts. . all i can say

I agree. Well said.

(To me it is tragic though, that so many well-intentioned people are misled when it comes to the most important things, because of false teachings of the CC.)

I agree with this. I rather think the Catholic church is like being *around* Jesus, but The Church is primary. Whereas Jesus and His Kingdom should be the focus.

I am not sure you realize how much born again Christians read the Bible. You claim you have read the entire thing once? I have read every word at least three times. Some parts, like the Gospels, a dozen if not more. Psalms and Proverbs, same. We don't do catechism. We read our Bibles. Reading it once is not that stunning...sorry
what are you talking a bout? I clearly have said many times that I have read the bible once through AND heard it read to me so many times at DAILY Mass (protestants usually don't meet daily) it is likely more like reading the whole thing 5-7 times through..

sick of anti-Catholics. You people just make me love the Church even more..

You say We read our Bibles..

oh, gee.. how holy of you. I never read Scripture myself because I'm just a stupid Catholic.. can barely even read or write, accoding to y'all
You people are so presumptuous. You don't know what I know.. what I read..

presumptuous.. prideful.. don't want to admit Catholics just MAY know something about Jesus you do not.. and of course, we do-- in spades. But hey.. carry on with this IKnowEverything schtick

I did NOT call you a liar

I said that what you posted is a lie. All Protestants have been lied to about the CC. It's just tht some of them investigate the CC to make sure they really are viewing it in the light of reality and not prejudice.. problem is: VERY few (in my experiences) do that
What do you do with someone who is enveloped by Catholics, and loves everyone of them, but knows enough scripture and has prayed persistently for wisdom and discernment and can see religious dogma and inaccuracies a mile away? I am not anti Catholics, but the church is rife with oddities that are contrary to the word of God.

What do you do with someone who is enveloped by Catholics, and loves everyone of them, but knows enough scripture and has prayed persistently for wisdom and discernment and can see religious dogma and inaccuracies a mile away? I am not anti Catholics, but the church is rife with oddities that are contrary to the word of God.
I will believe the 2000 year old Church Christ founded.. not some human being who doesn't know me from Adam.. although the anti-Catholics here seem to think they know my soul and heart and mind THOROUGHLY.. enough to say or imply I am going to Hell or something very like it..

just shows how clueless people are about CAtholicism.. their choice

I agree with this. I rather think the Catholic church is like being *around* Jesus, but The Church is primary. Whereas Jesus and His Kingdom should be the focus.

I was just thinking that too. The part I put in bold is the problem. Well, one of the problems, but it's a huge one.

WAY too much devotion is given to the Catholic CHURCH, instead of to GOD and God's will.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, but it reminds me of the extreme partisanship that is so common here at USMB. People who put party above principle. It's the same type of thing, and I think it's a dangerous mindset.

When Jesus died, the curtain to the Holy of Holies was torn in two...all the way. All Jewish scholars, rabbis, leaders knew what that meant. What had previously been available only to High Priests--to approach the living God--was now available to all believers in Jesus Christ our Lord, and my Savior.

Church leaders are to be respected. They are NOT infallible. Catholics basically made that up--along with, say, the fact that Mary was born sinless (!) and never had any other children (!).

(As an aside, I do believe individual Catholics can be saved despite their church's teachings. But not because of them. In spite of them.)
I was just thinking about that curtain and the Catholic "confessional". And what Christ did to that veil. It was torn in half during the earthquake that occurred while Christ was on the cross. The barrier between man and God was removed and Christ sprinkled His pure blood on the alter as the only sacrifice we need. Now we can go straight to our Father with our prayer and repentance. No need for middleman. No hail Mary's, no money. Just the Father, waiting to hear from you.

Good post Sue.

I will believe the 2000 year old Church Christ founded.. not some human being who doesn't know me from Adam.. although the anti-Catholics here seem to think they know my soul and heart and mind THOROUGHLY.. enough to say or imply I am going to Hell or something very like it..

just shows how clueless people are about CAtholicism.. their choice
I know it offends some here to have to defend their church, but no one believes that if you are Catholic you are going to hell simply because you are Catholic. That is not Biblical. If you belong to Jesus, you are going straight up. <(contrary to the Catholic church's purgatory :102:)
And the posts here are not personal attacks. They are pointing out discrepancies of denominations using the Bible as confirmation of what we are saying.
You brought up the particular denomination of this discussion. So that is what we are discussing. The Catholic church has flaws. A good many of them. You can be a good Catholic and not buy into everything your church or any church says and does. And don't be upset when the flaws are pointed out. It is for your own edification, not to be flogged by it. We aren't beating up on you. We are correcting you though. Take it in the grace in which it's given...

Last edited:
The only sect that can possibly be true to Christianity is the Catholic church! No other sect or cult has remained faithfully true to the word of the god.
Where in the Bible does it say there is a need for a Pope to lead the Church?

maybe you should read more of my posts. . all i can say
Sorry, but you just aren't interesting enough for me to do that. My question had to do with what has been said in this thread. It's a valid question. Why not answer it?

There's a definite feeling being promoted by Catholics that all other churches are imposters and don't represent true beliefs.
Actually, the Catholic Catechism states that, while separated on some issues, we all remain brothers and sisters in Christ.

And, I have never heard any Catholic calling any other denomination an imposter.

The rosary is an example of mechanical repetition. Someone else's words muttered over and over. It is called praying in rote.
Some who meditate chant a single word over and over again. The purpose of the exercise is not to say 'Om', the purpose is to keep the focus on meditating.

Catholics recognize several forms of prayer. These various forms include prayer of blessing or adoration, prayer of petition, prayer of intercession, prayer of thanksgiving, and prayer of praise--or conversational prayer (use of words).

The second form of prayer is meditation. This is where the rosary comes into play. Instead of repeating 'Om' we say the rosary as we meditate on the life of Christ. We reflect on the Joyful Mysteries of his life; the Sorrowful Mysteries of his life; the Glorious Mysteries of his life; and finally the Luminous Mysteries of his life.

Naturally, we cannot expect non-Catholic Christians to peer into our hearts and minds to see and understand these meditations. Instead, many non-Catholic Christians simply assume it is a repetition of conversational prayer when it is far from that. We would hope they would awake from their ignorance about the rosary, however.

The third form of prayer is contemplation where we try to completely clear our minds to welcome God's presence and His silent work in our hearts, mind, and life.

They are NOT infallible
Many non-Catholic Christians don't even know what "infallible" means when it is used in Catholicism.

Infallible means that the two times a decision came up through the people of the Church, first at the parish level, then at the diocesan (bishop) level, next to the Cardinals (Vatican level) and was finally given to the current Pope at that time for the final nod, that nod by the Pope was infallible--it was not the Pope who was infallible. It simply means that when a Pope agreed with the parishioners, priests, bishops, and Cardinals that the Assumption of Mary into Heaven and Mary's Immaculate Conception did occur, that decision cannot be undone by any succeeding Popes who inherit the Chair of St. Peter.

In other words the nod given by Pope Pius IX in 1854 to the Church Community's decision that all Catholics recognize the Immaculate Conception of Mary cannot be undone by Pope Francis (or any other Pope) in 2022. That decision is known as "infallible" and has been since 1854. Pope Pius IX, on the other hand, always was and always will be as fallible as any other man.

(To me it is tragic though, that so many well-intentioned people are misled when it comes to the most important things, because of false teachings of the CC.)
Unfortunately, many non-Catholic Christians have absolutely no understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church. People take a Catholic issue, twist it into something that it is not and never has been, and then claim Catholics believe the make-believe Protestant version of the Catholic issue.

We could get upset by this, of course, but usually the responses are Catholic giggles at the nonsense.

We don't have to be "saved". We were redeemed. ;)
If you are human, then you need to be saved. If Mary was immaculate why did she thank God for her savior? What did she need saved from? She named her son Savior, not Redeemer, even though His mission here was to be our kinsman redeemer. (Jewish Law, not Catholic Law.) To reclaim mankind He had to be related to Adam, the one who lost the claim. (one of the reasons for all those begots is to prove kinship).

You are in for a rough time if you think that Christ is Catholic. He's Jewish. He's a Rabbi. When He comes back He will reside in Jerusalem. And He loves everyone of us the same. If my Catholic husband and I walk into the Temple together, Jesus won't care which one went to which church. He'll welcome us both, so, eyes on Him. Make it all about Him, not this term or that phrase, or this doctrine or that.

I was just thinking about that curtain and the Catholic "confessional". And what Christ did to that veil. It was torn in half during the earthquake that occurred while Christ was on the cross. The barrier between man and God was removed and Christ sprinkled His pure blood on the alter as the only sacrifice we need. Now we can go straight to our Father with our prayer and repentance. No need for middleman. No hail Mary's, no money. Just the Father, waiting to hear from you.
Well, if it helps, I know of one priest who hears confession at the park. Are you speaking of a curtain of air when most sit in a room face-to-face with a priest or stand directly before him?

Again, the Protestant comparison of the crucifixion and events that day to confession is way off. Think more closely about Jesus' life up to the crucifixion if you ever wish to better understand the Sacrament.

Forum List

Back