🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Personal relationship with Jesus.. and Once Saved Always Saved are NOT in the Bible

You are in for a rough time if you think that Christ is Catholic.
I don't think that. See what I mean about Protestants coming up with their twists that make no sense to Catholics? Why would you think that about Catholics?

The veil that separated man from God was rent in two. It was 60 feet long and 4 inches thick. It was replaced once a year. Horses pulling in opposite directions couldn't pull it apart. Christ did. Christ removed the barrier. There was no longer a need for a mediator. We can go boldly to the throne. We have a direct line. No third party is necessary.
The confessional is Catholic doctrine, not Biblical doctrine. Saying Hail Marys does nothing. Asking God to forgive you is how you get forgiven.
1667536624929.png

^Totally unnecessary. As was, no meat on Fri. as was purgatory...

I don't think that. See what I mean about Protestants coming up with their twists that make no sense to Catholics? Why would you think that about Catholics?
There is no twisting. That wasn't directed at you, but to one on this thread that believes Jesus' one true church is the Catholic one. He's a Rabbi. He is coming back to the Jews as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, and will remain with them this time. That is where the protestants and Catholics will find him.

what are you talking a bout? I clearly have said many times that I have read the bible once through AND heard it read to me so many times at DAILY Mass (protestants usually don't meet daily) it is likely more like reading the whole thing 5-7 times through..

sick of anti-Catholics. You people just make me love the Church even more..

You say We read our Bibles..

oh, gee.. how holy of you. I never read Scripture myself because I'm just a stupid Catholic.. can barely even read or write, accoding to y'all
You people are so presumptuous. You don't know what I know.. what I read..

presumptuous.. prideful.. don't want to admit Catholics just MAY know something about Jesus you do not.. and of course, we do-- in spades. But hey.. carry on with this IKnowEverything schtick

Dude you started this thread--and look at the content and tone if you want to talk about presumptuous and prideful.

Many non-Catholic Christians don't even know what "infallible" means when it is used in Catholicism.

Infallible means that the two times a decision came up through the people of the Church, first at the parish level, then at the diocesan (bishop) level, next to the Cardinals (Vatican level) and was finally given to the current Pope at that time for the final nod, that nod by the Pope was infallible--it was not the Pope who was infallible. It simply means that when a Pope agreed with the parishioners, priests, bishops, and Cardinals that the Assumption of Mary into Heaven and Mary's Immaculate Conception did occur, that decision cannot be undone by any succeeding Popes who inherit the Chair of St. Peter.

In other words the nod given by Pope Pius IX in 1854 to the Church Community's decision that all Catholics recognize the Immaculate Conception of Mary cannot be undone by Pope Francis (or any other Pope) in 2022. That decision is known as "infallible" and has been since 1854. Pope Pius IX, on the other hand, always was and always will be as fallible as any other man.

I understand this. However from outside it is clear to see that neither the "assumption of Mary" nor her "immaculate conception" happened or is necessary. It is Mary worship basically; it is wrong-track.

It is ascribing to Mary what belongs to Christ. It is idol worship.

The confessional is
The confessional has no "mediator". I know you like to think of the priest as a mediator because it makes criticizing Catholic doctrine so much easier. Confession/Reconciliation is a Sacrament following the life of Christ and has nothing to do with "mediation".

That wasn't directed at you, but to one on this thread that believes Jesus' one true church is the Catholic one.
The Catholic and Orthodox denominations are the ones who follow Christ's steps most closely. This does not make other denominations less true, it simply makes Catholic and Orthodox more disciplined in living the Sacraments that were so much a part of Christ's human life here on earth.

Non-Catholics brush most of these sacramental ceremonies aside as unnecessary by bringing in the nonsense of using a "mediator", etc. It is almost like they know nothing about Christ's day-to-day ministry here on earth because of their focus on the crucifixion to the point it seems to eclipse (for them) the rest of his life and ministry. Catholics/Orthodox follow it all, straight to and including the crucifixion/resurrection/ascension.

It is Mary worship basically;
That is your twist on it.

Catholics, on the other hand do not worship Mary. She is regarded as part of God's plan in bringing redemption to mankind. We note the part she plays in this plan, nothing more. We revere all whom God called and used to bring about salvation, and note His love and care of them.

Catholic focus is on God. Unfortunately Protestant focus seems to be on figuring out how Catholic observances of God's plan unfolding can be twisted to fling mud, which is nothing at all to be proud of--not if one follows Christ to salvation.

Actually, the Catholic Catechism states that, while separated on some issues, we all remain brothers and sisters in Christ.

And, I have never heard any Catholic calling any other denomination an imposter.
It's just happened no more than 10 minutes ago by a christian believer who may or may not be a catholic.

And I think that Catholics proclaiming their particular faith to be the only correct one would easily qualify as the equivalent of claiming that all the others are imposters.

The Catholic and Orthodox denominations are the ones who follow Christ's steps most closely. This does not make other denominations less true,
It certainly does suggest that other denominations are less true!!
it simply makes Catholic and Orthodox more disciplined in living the Sacraments that were so much a part of Christ's human life here on earth.

Non-Catholics brush most of these sacramental ceremonies aside as unnecessary by bringing in the nonsense of using a "mediator", etc. It is almost like they know nothing [\b] about Christ's day-to-day ministry here on earth because of their focus on the crucifixion to the point it seems to eclipse (for them) the rest of his life and ministry. Catholics/Orthodox follow it all, straight to and including the crucifixion/resurrection/ascension.

And furthermore, you're now accusing the other denominations of dealing in 'nonsense'!

Last edited:
but Christ IS Catholic

He just isn't a Berg Catholic, that is for sure.

Why anyone thinks "pope" Francis is a real pope is beyond me. I knew that as soon as i heard the first words he uttered after being "elected"

I can go you Scrpture for Scriputre..

How about the parable Jesus told about the persistent widow? She kept pestering the judge and even though he didn't want to what she asked, he did.. and then Jesus goes on to say that God will do the same.. will listen when we are persistent, ie repetitious
uhm..... I missed that one-----seems kinda buddhist----like a PRAYER WHEEL

I know bc I have read the entire thing, Old and New. Plus I have heard it read to me at Holy Mass over the years. If you go to both daily and Sunday Mass for 3 years straight, you will hear virtually the entire Bible (the Apocrypha books also).

So even though it is great to have a "personal relationship" with Jesus.. To all you people who claim to go by the Bible alone and refuse to listen to anything not mentioned specifically therein: Why do you spoutate "truisms" that are not found in the Bible? Yet you accuse Catholics of adding to the Scriptures!

And that Once SAved Always Saved thing is far worse. Jesus said that if you do not love your neighbor (care for a needy neighbor's needs) you end up in HELL

Mt 25:31-46
A relationship is ONGOING. Can someone who has accepted Christ lose God's grace?

Be very careful here. The Bible very clearly warns about casting judgment on others. "Judge not lest you yourself be judged". You have no clue what is in each man's heart. There is only one unforgivable sin, that is the sin against the holy spirit to use you.

When you can see each man's heart and know what their relationship with God is, you can make this assessment.

Personally, I will wait for God to do the judgement. It's the only one that matters.

It certainly does suggest that other denominations are less true!!

And furthermore, you're now accusing the other denominations of dealing in 'nonsense'!
sheeesh deja vue-----from my childhood----little squabbles between the
Irish catholics and the Wasps

but Christ IS Catholic

Why anyone thinks "pope" Francis is a real pope is beyond me. I knew that as soon as i heard the first words he uttered after being "elected"
And so now we learn that you're not mainstream catholic.

You're a catholic cult that has departed from the church.

but Christ IS Catholic

"Wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there am I."

The true church is in men's hearts, not a building, not any one religion. We all may have different ways of honoring God and his commandments, but no one has the "one true religion"...

Man's arrogance is a stone we all get struck with.

If you have a personal relationship with Christ you will treat your neighbor as yourself. No need for any church to dictate your actions. Jesus already did.
Love your neighbor as yourself and you have fulfilled the Law. That is Jewish Law, because Jesus is a Rabbi, not a priest...

Romans 13:8-10 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Not one mention of having to be Catholic...
from HILLEL ----torah al regel achad

A relationship is ONGOING. Can someone who has accepted Christ lose God's grace?
Thousands recover from religions every day.
Be very careful here. The Bible very clearly warns about casting judgment on others. "Judge not lest you yourself be judged". You have no clue what is in each man's heart. There is only one unforgivable sin, that is the sin against the holy spirit to use you.
Then you do just that!
When you can see each man's heart and know what their relationship with God is, you can make this assessment.

Personally, I will wait for God to do the judgement. It's the only one that matters.

sheeesh deja vue-----from my childhood----little squabbles between the
Irish catholics and the Wasps
Little squabbles until they became bigger and then amounted to Christians murdering other Christians.

Irish christians were referred to as 'letter bombers'.

That is your twist on it.

Catholics, on the other hand do not worship Mary. She is regarded as part of God's plan in bringing redemption to mankind. We note the part she plays in this plan, nothing more. We revere all whom God called and used to bring about salvation, and note His love and care of them.

Catholic focus is on God. Unfortunately Protestant focus seems to be on figuring out how Catholic observances of God's plan unfolding can be twisted to fling mud, which is nothing at all to be proud of--not if one follows Christ to salvation.
Martin Luther had a differing opinion. Indulgences were the fad of the time. Paying for redemption. That is why we had the reformation. Sin creeps into any man-made religion as Luther point out.

As a protestant myself, a Lutheran, we twist nothing, that is simply a point of view.

Your personal relationship with Christ is the only thing that matters. The rest is window dressing. 'Those who acknowledge me before men, I shall acknowledge before the Farther'.

Forum List

Back