Personal responsibility vs. Public safety net

Hey Dev,

Was all that circular nonsense supposed to pass for some sort of rebuttal or something? :lol:

For those who missed it, or perhaps intentionally and wisely scrolled past it, the substance of Dev's diatribe was... you're wrong, because I say so.

How can anyone argue with that? :rofl:

egg-zactly.

btw, whoever thinks doctors and hospitals charge the same rate to all people ought ought to ask up front for a list of service fees (including meds and tests) they get before they are treated. :lol:

and personal responsibility and a safety net are not what you portray them as.

Hey Dev,

Was all that circular nonsense supposed to pass for some sort of rebuttal or something? :lol:

For those who missed it, or perhaps intentionally and wisely scrolled past it, the substance of Dev's diatribe was... you're wrong, because I say so.

egg-zactly.

btw, whoever thinks doctors and hospitals charge the same rate to all people ought ought to ask up front for a list of service fees (including meds and tests) they get before they are treated. :lol:

Hopefully- the equall billing myth has been successfuly exploded on this thread.

It has been my experience that my doctors charge what ever they please...and the insurance company pays what they say they will pay...and I pay the rest.

Friends that are stuck with HMOs are routinely denied coverage for certain things and must pay them out of pocket or else go without.

Your understanding of your experience with doctors in no way reflects the reality of your experiences.

My experience is exactly the same as Ravi's

When you go for a procedure you sign a statement that you are personally responsible for the bill
The doctor charges what he wants
The insurance company pays what they call the allowable amount.

You get stuck with the difference as well as deductables, copays etc

Hey Dev,

egg-zactly.

Hopefully- the equall billing myth has been successfuly exploded on this thread.

:lol: you deserve a pos rep for this one....but alas poor Absolom, I am out of rep power. :eusa_whistle:

So that's how punk reacts when his positions are torn to shreds? Sophomoric and vulgar insults?

Bottom line punk is that you refused to pay what you owed. You stuck every other healthcare consumer with the difference and you try to congratulate yourself for your "personal responsibility."

It's not the most ignorant and delusional position I've ever seen on these boards - but it's very close.

Last edited:
So that's how you react when your positions are torn to shreds? Sophomoric and vulgar insults?

Bottom line is you refused to pay what you owed. You stuck every other healthcare consumer with the difference and you try to congratulate yourself for your "personal responsibility."

It's not the most ignorant and delusional position I've ever seen on these boards - but it's very close.

No. Bottom line is I paid exactly what I owed. My acceptance of responsibility assured that you did not have to subsidize my treatment, and the providers made a nice profit.

mmmkay...I researched this a bit.

It is against federal law to charge different rates for the same procedure. However, the hospitals can and do offer discounts to insurance companies (I'm guessing to get them to steer patients to them). The uninsured aren't offered discounts because the hospitals need to make up their loss to the insurance companies.

And when they don't make up their losses, they raise prices.

So the PukingPunk is still a leach, the insurance companies suck and this doesn't take away from the argument that health care in this country is unaffordable for millions.

Someone with insurance that had the same treatment I received would have paid the providers right at what I paid. Nice try, fishmonger.

So that's how you react when your positions are torn to shreds? Sophomoric and vulgar insults?

Bottom line is you refused to pay what you owed. You stuck every other healthcare consumer with the difference and you try to congratulate yourself for your "personal responsibility."

No. Bottom line is I paid exactly what I owed. My acceptance of responsibility assured that you did not have to subsidize my treatment, and the providers made a nice profit.

If that's what you have to convince yourself of to maintain your illusion of personal responsibility - so be it. Knock yourself out.

The vast majority of us understand that the opposite is true. So you just keep patting yourself on the back - we're gonna force you to buy health insurance so you don't stick it to us again.

Have a great day.

mmmkay...I researched this a bit.

It is against federal law to charge different rates for the same procedure. However, the hospitals can and do offer discounts to insurance companies (I'm guessing to get them to steer patients to them). The uninsured aren't offered discounts because the hospitals need to make up their loss to the insurance companies.

And when they don't make up their losses, they raise prices.

So the PukingPunk is still a leach, the insurance companies suck and this doesn't take away from the argument that health care in this country is unaffordable for millions.

Healthcare is unaffordable for millions. But for approximately 200 million it is affordable.

If that's what you have to convince yourself of to maintain your illusion of personal responsibility - so be it. Knock yourself out.

The vast majority of us understand that the opposite is true. So you just keep patting yourself on the back - we're gonna force you to buy health insurance so you don't stick it to us again.

Have a great day.

It is interesting, queereye, how you are unable to explain how you somehow ended up footin the bill for my treatment, when the providers would not have received a penny more than what I paid if I had insurance....

IF you paid only what an insurance company would have paid - then who paid the typical deductibiles and co-pays?

Little light starting to come on now?

But given your history of flipping and flopping, dishonesty, and diversionary vulgarities, I have absolute no reason to believe that you have related an actual occurance with any degree of accuracy or with any understanding of what was actually going on.

You have zilch for credibility
You have lost your argument
You have demonstrated a limited capacity for understanding or depth
You have bored me beyond tears

Have a great day

And what insurance company? If it is true that all the insurance companies negotiate for discounts, how would the hospital decide what an insurance company that doesn't exist would charge?

I do know that whatever my insurance company doesn't pay, I must pay for myself or go without. No insurance company pays 100%

IF you paid only what an insurance company would have paid - then who paid the typical deductibiles and co-pays?

But given your history of flipping and flopping, dishonesty, and diversionary vulgarities, I have absolute no reason to believe that you have related an actual occurance with any degree of accuracy or with any understanding of what was actually going on.

Have a great day

sorry, fishmonger, but the doctor would have charged insurance 9k for my procedure. That is what I paid. Deductibles and copays are irrelevant. Bottom line- if i had insurance, the providers would not have gotten one cent more than they ended up receiving. If they would have charged insurance 9k, and insurance would have only paid 7k, leaving me to pay the other 2k- would that have made you happy? Because it would not have made a difference to the providers...

You have amused me with your foolish pursuit of a vilifying argument, when the reality is that I paid more than most in my situation would have, with or without insurance. Of course- being a leftist- you do not believe in personal responsibility. Which explains your position.

And what insurance company? If it is true that all the insurance companies negotiate for discounts, how would the hospital decide what an insurance company that doesn't exist would charge?

I do know that whatever my insurance company doesn't pay, I must pay for myself or go without. No insurance company pays 100%

The providers settled with me for the amount customarily charged insurance companies for those services. My current insurance pays 100%

Have a great day

I paid what would have been charged if I had insurance, not what insurance would have paid. I can see why you are such an angry lesbian. You are not only ugly, but stupid.

Anyone else notice how all the leftists here pounced on the punk about his handling of his medical bills while completely avoiding the premise of the thread?

Expanding the public safety net comes with some drawbacks you narrow-minded, misinformed fuckchops. Pretending otherwise just means you're stupid and/or intellectually dishonest.

Forum List

Back