🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Personal Verbal Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you took offense to Blaster's thread topic. Is there something in particular you didn't like that caused you to reply like this? Is a member asking for people to talk about the topic of a thread really that horrible? Even you, hjmick, can agree that there are some people on here that go overboard every single day in how they respond to others.

No offense at all, except it sounds a lot like whining. Something upon which I frown, especially when exhibited by adults.

There are features on this board members can avail themselves of so that they don't have to face things or people they don't like. It's much easier to make use of those than it is to expect everyone to conform to some unrealistic ideal of how everyone should behave, and then complain when they don't.

Was there anything "horrible" about Blaster's OP? No, not really. But it did come off as a little entitled, in my opinion. It also smacked of complaining about moderator actions in an open forum, but what do I know? I've only been here sixteen years...

Do I agree that some people "go overboard every single day in how they respond to others?" Absolutely. Sometimes even at me. But guess what? I'm an adult, I ignore them... and not with the ignore function.

Seems like Blaster took more offense to my responses than anything...

No offense at all, except it sounds a lot like whining. Something upon which I frown, especially when exhibited by adults.

There are features on this board members can avail themselves of so that they don't have to face things or people they don't like. It's much easier to make use of those than it is to expect everyone to conform to some unrealistic ideal of how everyone should behave, and then complain when they don't.

Was there anything "horrible" about Blaster's OP? No, not really. But it did come off as a little entitled, in my opinion. It also smacked of complaining about moderator actions in an open forum, but what do I know? I've only been here sixteen years...

Do I agree that some people "go overboard every single day in how they respond to others?" Absolutely. Sometimes even at me. But guess what? I'm an adult, I ignore them... and not with the ignore function.

Seems like Blaster took more offense to my responses than anything...
I never singled you out.

Yep. It is something akin to the "if it bleads, it leads" philosophy in journalism.

Postings that are well thought out, intelligent and well written do not get the same traction as those simple-minded partisan threads that amount to nothing more than monkey poop flinging.
Which drives me nuts.
Partisan rock throwing makes up at least 90% of threads on this forum.

Once again thanks to all the folks that have messaged me in agreement with this subject.

I wouldn’t dream of it.

But self back patting can pose a danger to your shoulder.
I agree with you.

It isn't about what people say here. It is simply about their power to say it.

Remember that obnoxious little brat back in the 4th grade who could be just as vicious as they wanted, but were teacher's pet so they got away with it?

It's like that here, but there are dozens and dozens of them and they only have the MINDS of a 4th grader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back