🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Personal Verbal Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reprimanded at least 5 times for just defending myself here. Some trolls seem to get a free reign.
Here's the deal with trolling/flaming/being off topic:
  1. Zone 1 (you'll know you are in this area because the threads have a pre-fix that says Zone 1): No trolling, flaming, off topic comments allowed. No exceptions.
  2. Zone 2 (every area except Zone 1 and the "basement" - Flame Zone, Rubber Room, Badlands): Flaming is allowed as long as the post contains content relating to the thread topic. So, if someone were to call you a moron AND be talking about the thread topic, that is allowed. IF someone calls you a moron and doesn't talk about the thread topic, then it violates the rules. Same goes for you if you were to reply the idiot calling you a moron. You can defend yourself all day long in the reply, but make sure you talk about the thread topic. Otherwise, it violates the rules.
  3. Zone 3 (Flame Zone, Rubber Room, Badlands): No thread topic is required in any reply. You can flame and troll to your hearts' content.

Another reason I never bother with 'reporting' posts; rules don't apply to everybody, like the sick faggot freak who keeps calling me a pedo, lol. I don't even read those silly 'warnings' or 'Infraction' messages. They're all phony and selective.
Same here. This place used to be appointment surfing for me. Now it is take it or leave it. If I post more than 3 sentences its usually because the topic is engaging; not the person I 'm talking to.

It seems there are quite a few people at this site trolling and verbally attacking other members. I always try to stay on topic but am continually dealing with people trying to attack my character. I told one person to fuck off after a verbal attack and I got reprimanded for improper behavior.
Yes this place and most of the media/posting boards have become attack forums.
I have been guilty of it. A little while back I reviewed my own posting history and it disgusted me. I stayed out for a while and did some internal adjusting..... Got some housecleaning (mental) done.

Jo

1. Zone 1 (you'll know you are in this area because the threads have a pre-fix that says Zone 1): No trolling, flaming, off topic comments allowed. No exceptions.
  2. Zone 2 (every area except Zone 1 and the "basement" - Flame Zone, Rubber Room, Badlands): Flaming is allowed as long as the post contains content relating to the thread topic. So, if someone were to call you a moron AND be talking about the thread topic, that is allowed. IF someone calls you a moron and doesn't talk about the thread topic, then it violates the rules. Same goes for you if you were to reply the idiot calling you a moron. You can defend yourself all day long in the reply, but make sure you talk about the thread topic. Otherwise, it violates the rules.
  3. Zone 3 (Flame Zone, Rubber Room, Badlands): No thread topic is required in any reply. You can flame and troll to your hearts' content.
Thanks Aye--I'd just add that the rules regarding pedo accusations and directly dragging a poster's family into the debate still apply..even in the 'free' zones.

The rule about addressing the topic is, by far, the most ignored one here.

I find, reporting offending posts--and referencing 'flame, no topic' gets results. Not always..but Mods are human also.

There are some here whose only real purpose is to troll and derail threads--if you identify those folks and ignore them..you can improve your USMB experience. There are a few 'one trick' ponies here..if you like the trick, cool..if not...ignore is, once again, your friend.

Last edited:
Thanks Aye--I'd just add that the rules regarding pedo accusations and directly dragging a poster's family into the debate still apply..even in the 'free' zones.

The rule about addressing the topic is, by far, the most ignored one here.

I find, reporting offending posts--and referencing 'flame, no topic' gets results. Not always..but Mods are human also.

There are some here whose only really purpose is to troll and derail threads--if you identify those folks and ignore them..you can improve your USMB experience. There are a few 'one trick' ponies here..if you like the trick, cool..if not...ignore is, once again, your friend.

Dude you troll

My parents raised me to respect other people's opinions.
Ignoring the flames and talking about the topic is something many here could learn to do from you. I really don't know why some people like to hurl insults at others in nearly every reply. Maybe it makes them think they are "the bigger person" for doing so or that they think they are somehow intimidating the other person. Maybe it's just something they think makes them fit in or look "cool". Who knows!

Yes this place and most of the media/posting boards have become attack forums.
I have been guilty of it. A little while back I reviewed my own posting history and it disgusted me. I stayed out for a while and did some internal adjusting..... Got some housecleaning (mental) done.

Jo
I appreciate your honesty.
Ignoring the flames and talking about the topic is something many here could learn to do from you. I really don't know why some people like to hurl insults at others in nearly every reply. Maybe it makes them think they are "the bigger person" for doing so or that they think they are somehow intimidating the other person. Maybe it's just something they think makes them fit in or look "cool". Who knows!
I hope you and the other mods would cleanup the site to make it more enjoyable for all.

Hmmm..I was raised to respect the RIGHT for other people to have and express their opinions..and to judge each opinion on its merits.
Some opinions are not worthy of respect.
That's when you challenge someone on their opinions.

I have been reprimanded at least 5 times for just defending myself here. Some trolls seem to get a free reign.
They're playing a game.
They try to incite then go whining to the mods when they get slapped hoping one of their favorite mods will punish you (hint: he looks like a cow)

Their favorite game is to flood a thread they don't like with insults and threats then go whining to that MOD about the thread belonging in badlands because they feel "trolled"

When they're ignorant, call them out for their ignorance but do it playfully. Don't fall in to the MOD-MAGAT trap.

Applying the same standards to all people is something YOU could learn to do.

Dude you troll
Of course I do. As do you. This is that kind of place. However, there is a difference between posting a thread that you know will chafe your opposition's hide...with a pithy OP--and then there is deliberately attempting to hijack, derail and otherwise dirty up the board with nonsense flaming, derogatory rhetoric and outright and provable lying.

See? There you go Blaster ! A safe space for you to park your delicate sensibilities! A shelter in which you can hide and never suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune!

So, I guess we won't be seeing in Zones 2 or 3... Good luck to you... Fare thee well...

I appreciate your honesty.

I hope you and the other mods would cleanup the site to make it more enjoyable for all.
We try, but at the end of the day, there are more posts on this forum than mods. There are those that will continuously make a game of derailing threads by bringing up something that is not related to the thread topic, those that will hurl insults at anyone that doesn't agree with them, those that hate the mods and the fact that we even exist and will use that hate to disrupt threads, etc etc etc. At the end of the day, we are human just like all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back