Pete Buttigieg Twists Christianity: ‘Salvation’ Depends on Being ‘Useful.’

Government intervention into childrens homes has been positive

Definition Time

"positive" = there was a "positive" flow of taxpayer money into the pockets of leftists who steal

Odd, you seem to be saying that only leftists care to see that all children are cared for. Your words betray your beliefs that keeping your money is more important than taking care of the needs of children.

you seem to be saying that only leftists care to see that all children are cared for.

No, I'm saying that Leftists always will be in favor of MORE GOVERNMENT because that is how leftists STEAL their money.

If there wasn't any spending, there would be nothing for leftists to steal. "Caring for kids" is a great banner from which to enable leftists like yourself to loot the US taxpayer. As for government caring for kids, geeez.... Government is filled with HOMOS, and HOMOS don't "care" for kids, they FUCK THEM....

Oh, bullcorn. Jesus was a conservative Christian. He never referred anyone to a government program, but always to God.

Basically you are arguing we should freely give to the poor. Even with government programs the poor often times are not taken care of. When exactly do you suppose we will step up and do what the Bible instructs us to do?
You obviously aren't aware of Christian hospitals, inner city gospel missions, the Salvation Army. Catholic Charities, overseas missions, etc.
Soup kitchens, shelters, famine and disaster relief, and all the rest. No government, no corporation, no other organization at all has been as charitable as Christianity has.

Many do really great things. I never said otherwise. Despite that, are the needs of the poor being met? How much bigger of a hole would they be in if the above was all that was available?
Before our government turned as progressive as it did a century ago, people were not keeling over in the streets. They had family, community, the church. With runaway taxation and the "war on poverty," the plight of the poor has not got any better. It's worse, in fact, or have you not seen pictures of San Francisco and Honolulu?

If government would just leave charities alone, maybe things would be better.

The government got involved precisely BECAUSE people were "keeling over in the streets". Poverty was at 40% in the nation at the time of the Great Depression. When millions lost their jobs, the soup kitchens and Christian charities were totally overwhelmed, and donations dried up in the Depression. All of the church hospitals put end to end won't meet the medical needs of all of the people.

you seem to be saying that only leftists care to see that all children are cared for.

No, I'm saying that Leftists always will be in favor of MORE GOVERNMENT because that is how leftists STEAL their money.

If there wasn't any spending, there would be nothing for leftists to steal. "Caring for kids" is a great banner from which to enable leftists like yourself to loot the US taxpayer. As for government caring for kids, geeez.... Government is filled with HOMOS, and HOMOS don't "care" for kids, they FUCK THEM....

I can see I have no need to take you seriously. I understand the site needs the clicks for revenue and all but you could be smarter about it.

Basically you are arguing we should freely give to the poor. Even with government programs the poor often times are not taken care of. When exactly do you suppose we will step up and do what the Bible instructs us to do?
You obviously aren't aware of Christian hospitals, inner city gospel missions, the Salvation Army. Catholic Charities, overseas missions, etc.
Soup kitchens, shelters, famine and disaster relief, and all the rest. No government, no corporation, no other organization at all has been as charitable as Christianity has.

Many do really great things. I never said otherwise. Despite that, are the needs of the poor being met? How much bigger of a hole would they be in if the above was all that was available?
Before our government turned as progressive as it did a century ago, people were not keeling over in the streets. They had family, community, the church. With runaway taxation and the "war on poverty," the plight of the poor has not got any better. It's worse, in fact, or have you not seen pictures of San Francisco and Honolulu?

Yes people were. Women without husbands had to turn to prostitution in many cases. The life was very hard and short for these women. We had homes for children that were little more than places for widespread abuse of these children.

I do not think you know our history very well.

Thank you for your mention of women. I don't wish to denigrate anything that men did to unite their families and keep their families and communities alive. It is just that the hard work that women have always done has always been so ignored. History unspoken. I am talking about women of all colors, ethnicities, faiths, who have been maids, waitresses, cleaners, crop pickers, and so much else, many working overtime, to furnish a home for their children and put food on the table, but no one gives them any praise. When a boyfriend runs out on a pregnant woman, a husband runs out. Who's left to do the work?

So in other words, you're a bigotted idiot without the first clue about the functions of government and how they work.

Yes people were. Women without husbands had to turn to prostitution in many cases. The life was very hard and short for these women. We had homes for children that were little more than places for widespread abuse of these children.

Thank you for your mention of women. I don't wish to denigrate anything that men did to unite their families and keep their families and communities alive. It is just that the hard work that women have always done has always been so ignored. History unspoken. I am talking about women of all colors, ethnicities, faiths, who have been maids, waitresses, cleaners, crop pickers, and so much else, many working overtime, to furnish a home for their children and put food on the table, but no one gives them any praise. When a boyfriend runs out on a pregnant woman, a husband runs out. Who's left to do the work?

I tend to like women and you'll rarely find me talking negative about them as a whole. I was talking to a lawyer friend who was researching his family history. He was telling me about a grandfather in the early mid 19th century. He had 7000 acres along the current Virginia/West Virginia border.

When he died he left a very detailed will. Right down to a wash pan. Every single thing was left to the sons and the daughters got nothing.

This is our countries history that many clamor for today. No thanks..

Government handling kids is just a license for left wing homos to sexually abuse those kids....

The government got involved precisely BECAUSE people were "keeling over in the streets". Poverty was at 40% in the nation at the time of the Great Depression. When millions lost their jobs, the soup kitchens and Christian charities were totally overwhelmed, and donations dried up in the Depression. All of the church hospitals put end to end won't meet the medical needs of all of the people.
You're still not paying attention.

For decades now, GOVERNMENT has not fixed homelessness and the other social ills that you left-wingers insist on believing taxation will fix.

It ain't working. Can you not put two and two together? It ain't working. The only difference in the end, then, is that you left-wingers take money from people while right-wingers ask for money.

You're still not paying attention.

For decades now, GOVERNMENT has not fixed homelessness and the other social ills that you left-wingers insist on believing taxation will fix.

It ain't working. Can you not put two and two together? It ain't working. The only difference in the end, then, is that you left-wingers take money from people while right-wingers ask for money.

Wrong, I do not believe it will "fix it". I believe it is needed to meet the ever increasing need. So far no one has come up with anything to counter that idea.

Have you ever called the police about this stealing? Maybe they can help you with your other issues.

If the unbelievers would support the Church like they're supposed to, there wouldn't be a need for government charity.

I tend to like women and you'll rarely find me talking negative about them as a whole. I was talking to a lawyer friend who was researching his family history. He was telling me about a grandfather in the early mid 19th century. He had 7000 acres along the current Virginia/West Virginia border.

When he died he left a very detailed will. Right down to a wash pan. Every single thing was left to the sons and the daughters got nothing.

This is our countries history that many clamor for today. No thanks..

It's wonderful to see someone bringing up our sordid past as regards the treatment of women. With both race and gender matters, so many have tried to hide what actually went on, particularly the robbery and the cruelties inflicted to women, blacks, and others by operation of law.

For example, there were laws to rob women of property, particularly by stripping women of property rights when they married, so that their husbands could rob them. There were laws prohibiting anyone to teach an enslaved African-American to read and write. There were laws prohibiting enslaved persons from entering into lawful marriages. There were laws prohibiting certain marriages on racial grounds, so even if a white man wanted to marry the African-American mother of his children, he could not do so, nor could he recognize his children as his heirs with full legal rights.

So many people who exhibit race and gender bias today seem to be completely unaware of the legal restraints that were imposed on the people who are the targets of their bias.

Government handling kids is just a license for left wing homos to sexually abuse those kids....

Doesn't betsy devoss have her tentacles into immigrant kids so she can collect money for them and indoctrinate them into her cult? I've heard that she's got them away from their parents and into her indoctrination centers.

When my parents` home took on 8 ft. of water from hurricane Ivan in 2004 the Salvation Army helped us with food and cleaning supplies during the emergency and the St. Vincent Depaul came through with a check for $150. FEMA wrote a check for $13,000 to help rebuild and replace things that were destroyed. $13,000 is a bit more than $150 and cleaning supplies. You think?
Oh, I see. You're the world's charity case.

As someone who also experience the total loss of my home and everything in it, to a tornado, I find your comments beyond deplorable, but not unexpected. When I experienced this loss, family, friends, relatives, and customers at the bank where I worked, came forward with comfort, help and assistance. Going through a catastrophic loss is devasating for a family, and it doesn't end when the skies clear. It took me more than 6 months to see a nickel of insurance money, I had to find somewhere else to live in the interim, and the city condemned what was left of my house.

I also lost my sense of safety utterly. Children in our neighbourhood became hysterical when the skies got cloudy, and teachers said they refused to go outside at recess. I was plagued with what I now recognize as a form of PST, and I still feel terror in a windstorm. The suicide rate in our county went up 500% in the 12 months following the storm.

That you would make jokes about people going through a catastrophic loss, shows you to be a real piece of work.

The suicide
Pay attention, Class, if you can. FEMA is not a charity. And anecdotes do not disprove generalities.

I feel for you, but you leftards are clueless.

Pay attention idiot because you don't have the brains God gave a fly. What generalities are you trying to prove?

I am not an American, I had full insurance coverage, and a very good job, and I was just fine, so don't condescend to me or try to mansplain government programs to me. You seem to be the one in need of an education.

The stated purpose of FEMA is to aid in the recovery of uninsured losses in a catastrophe. In reality, FEMA is a slush fund for companies like Haliburton, and other members of the elite service industry, to funnel funds to the donor class and mask it as Hurricane assistance. Haliburton received a $50 million contract from FEMA for clean up after Katrina.

So much for what passes for "aid", both foreign and domestic, is actually subsidies for donor class, masked as assistance for the poor or other citizens. Like the bailouts to corrupt mortgage companies and Wall Street brokers and nothing to the citizens who suffered when the housing bubble burst, large scale corporations were awarded untendered contracts to provide shelters and housing to victims of the storm. FEMA is a conduit between these corporate donors and taxpayer dollars.

Individual citizens are slow to receive aid until all of their claims are resolved. In Houston, victims of the storms not only lost their homes, many of their jobs were lost as their places of employment, stores and services were washed away as well. Knowing what I went through after the storm - I quickly realized how much more difficult their recovery would be. My community was mostly intact. A handful of neighbourhoods on the edge of the city - mostly newer executive homes, were destroyed utterly. Some streets looked like they had been bomobed. My children's school was still there, as were my job, and our hospitals and infrastructure.

That wasn't true in Houston. Entire sections of the city were completely destroyed - homes, schools, businesses and services. How would these people live until their claims were settled. Everyone talked like living through the storm, it's over you made it! No! You're torment is just beginning. I made it through because my community rallied around the victims of the storm, and helped us through, both financially and emotionally, and because I still had resources - a car, a job, and money in the bank, and a job.

Also, the insurance company is your friend, until you have a claim. At the point when you need them most, their only goal is to minimize your claim. From what I can understand, the FEMA adjusters are worse. While FEMA glad hands untendered contracts out to big government contractors, they nickel and dime every small business or homeowner they deal with.

When my parents` home took on 8 ft. of water from hurricane Ivan in 2004 the Salvation Army helped us with food and cleaning supplies during the emergency and the St. Vincent Depaul came through with a check for $150. FEMA wrote a check for $13,000 to help rebuild and replace things that were destroyed. $13,000 is a bit more than $150 and cleaning supplies. You think?
Oh, I see. You're the world's charity case.

As someone who also experience the total loss of my home and everything in it, to a tornado, I find your comments beyond deplorable, but not unexpected. When I experienced this loss, family, friends, relatives, and customers at the bank where I worked, came forward with comfort, help and assistance. Going through a catastrophic loss is devasating for a family, and it doesn't end when the skies clear. It took me more than 6 months to see a nickel of insurance money, I had to find somewhere else to live in the interim, and the city condemned what was left of my house.

I also lost my sense of safety utterly. Children in our neighbourhood became hysterical when the skies got cloudy, and teachers said they refused to go outside at recess. I was plagued with what I now recognize as a form of PST, and I still feel terror in a windstorm. The suicide rate in our county went up 500% in the 12 months following the storm.

That you would make jokes about people going through a catastrophic loss, shows you to be a real piece of work.

The suicide
Pay attention, Class, if you can. FEMA is not a charity. And anecdotes do not disprove generalities.

I feel for you, but you leftards are clueless.

Pay attention idiot because you don't have the brains God gave a fly. What generalities are you trying to prove?

I am not an American, I had full insurance coverage, and a very good job, and I was just fine, so don't condescend to me or try to mansplain government programs to me. You seem to be the one in need of an education.

The stated purpose of FEMA is to aid in the recovery of uninsured losses in a catastrophe. In reality, FEMA is a slush fund for companies like Haliburton, and other members of the elite service industry, to funnel funds to the donor class and mask it as Hurricane assistance. Haliburton received a $50 million contract from FEMA for clean up after Katrina.

So much for what passes for "aid", both foreign and domestic, is actually subsidies for donor class, masked as assistance for the poor or other citizens. Like the bailouts to corrupt mortgage companies and Wall Street brokers and nothing to the citizens who suffered when the housing bubble burst, large scale corporations were awarded untendered contracts to provide shelters and housing to victims of the storm. FEMA is a conduit between these corporate donors and taxpayer dollars.

Individual citizens are slow to receive aid until all of their claims are resolved. In Houston, victims of the storms not only lost their homes, many of their jobs were lost as their places of employment, stores and services were washed away as well. Knowing what I went through after the storm - I quickly realized how much more difficult their recovery would be. My community was mostly intact. A handful of neighbourhoods on the edge of the city - mostly newer executive homes, were destroyed utterly. Some streets looked like they had been bomobed. My children's school was still there, as were my job, and our hospitals and infrastructure.

That wasn't true in Houston. Entire sections of the city were completely destroyed - homes, schools, businesses and services. How would these people live until their claims were settled. Everyone talked like living through the storm, it's over you made it! No! You're torment is just beginning. I made it through because my community rallied around the victims of the storm, and helped us through, both financially and emotionally, and because I still had resources - a car, a job, and money in the bank, and a job.

Also, the insurance company is your friend, until you have a claim. At the point when you need them most, their only goal is to minimize your claim. From what I can understand, the FEMA adjusters are worse. While FEMA glad hands untendered contracts out to big government contractors, they nickel and dime every small business or homeowner they deal with.

There is fraud in government aid programs. That is unfortunate. There doesn't have to be. We can also note that Trump stole from his charity also. Unfortunately the world is full of bad people but that doesn't mean we should give up trying to help those who need it.

If the unbelievers would support the Church like they're supposed to

Why do Jews not believe in Jesus?

Does it have something to do with

1. their ancestors ACTUALLY OBSERVED HIM, while you and your ancestors did NOT
2. they wrote the New Testament for unChosen MORONS like you to manipulate you to "serve Israel." They wrote the "book" and they DO NOT BELIEVE IT - cough cough
3. Fraud Jesus was given a trial, an OPEN TRIAL, and demonstrated that he was a COMPLETE FRAUD

Have you ever called the police about this stealing?

We have a PRESIDENT who attempted to find out about the STEALING from the Ukraine foreign aid package.

You want him IMPEACHED for that....

You don't care about busting those stealing from the US taxpayer, because you are one who is stealing...

Forum List

Back