Philly Tour: Eagles Dateline [Super Bowl]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA) is a vibrant, historically-rich, and pluralism oriented American city which boasts the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the founding of the prestigious Ivy League school the University of Pennsylvania.

I used to live in Philadelphia and still cheer for Philly-sports teams (e.g., Phillies, Eagles), so I'm happy about the Eagles Super Bowl victory-parade in Philadelphia this year, and I wanted to post something nice (a postcard if you will) about Philly spirit(!).

Philadelphia offers interesting sites for tourists to see including the Philadelphia Zoo, the Franklin Institute, South Street, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Walnut Street Theater, Penn's Landing, Little Italy, and Chinatown.

Philadelphia is also famous for its urban-flair cheesesteaks and delightful brand-product Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

So now that the underdog Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) have upset the seemingly-indomitable New England Patriots in Super Bowl 52, what will be your new appreciation for Philadelphia spirit?

Someone should make a movie about the Eagles --- Ridley Scott(?).

psteak.jpg

====

Alas the knight wandered around Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA) one summer and was appreciating the architecture (Independence Hall), the Rocky-film atmosphere, the sports-fanfare (in the year of Super Bowl 52), the fun and tasty foods, the intriguing area schools (UPenn, Villanova), and the colourful street-musicians. Alas was born in New Hampshire (New England), so touring Philadelphia was quite a change for him, but he really liked visiting the Philadelphia Zoo and the Franklin Institute.

GOD: Alas loves Philly!
SATAN: Everyone loves Philly now...
GOD: That's because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
SATAN: Maybe...
GOD: Do you doubt it?
SATAN: I think media-marketing has made Philly 'suddenly chic.'
GOD: Why? You think Philly used to be pedestrian/boring?
SATAN: Well, it used to be Rocky and Mike Schmidt; now it's Iverson and Aaliyah!
GOD: Maybe Tom Hanks should make a movie about Philadelphia businesses.
SATAN: Yes, he already made the landmark film about an important legal case!
GOD: Yes, it co-starred Denzel Washington (African-American actor).
SATAN: Philly is a pluralism-rich American city.
GOD: It's considered a "working-man's values" city.
SATAN: Pennsylvania Dutch is very different from New England Puritan.
GOD: Maybe the Eagles will help market the Philly cheesesteak!
SATAN: Patriots will drum up some blurring Philly ghost-stories (e.g., Baleroy Mansion).

====

:dance:

old-city.jpg

Forum List

Back