Photos of satanic statues for OK courthouse

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
? Photos Of The Satanic Statue Being Built For The OK State Capitol Will Cause A Conservative Meltdown

Back in December, the Satanic Temple of New York filed an application to place a statue of their own right next to the Ten Commandments monument currently sitting on the Oklahoma State Capitol grounds. In January, a design of the monument was unveiled. Four months have passed, and we now have pictures of the actual statue being built that will cause conservative Christians to flip their lid.

Screen-Shot-20f14-05-01-at-1-22-20-PM.jpg

According to the Oklahoma state Constitution,

“Perfect toleration of religious sentiment shall be secured, and no inhabitant of the State shall ever be molested in person or property on account of his or her mode of religious worship; and no religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights.”

Greaves and the Satanic Temple plan to place the statue on the Oklahoma state capitol grounds anyway.

“The Ten Commandments still stand at the State Capitol,” Greaves told VICE. “We are fully willing to place our monument at the Capitol, even while the ACLU suit is fought, with the understanding that a judgment against the Ten Commandments will have ramifications for our monument as well, likely resulting in the removal of both.”

IMO, no religious icons, idols, gobbledygook, christian, santanic, rastafarian, spaghetti monster crap should be allowed in any govt building. Period, no exceptions, and tear down that damn 10 commandments statue.

If they want an end to First Amendment protection, let them start by paying taxes.

`

Hafta say, I'm impressed that none of the usual suspects posted a wild-eyed tirade against putting these statues up in the Olahoma state capital.

Congratulations.

? Photos Of The Satanic Statue Being Built For The OK State Capitol Will Cause A Conservative Meltdown

Back in December, the Satanic Temple of New York filed an application to place a statue of their own right next to the Ten Commandments monument currently sitting on the Oklahoma State Capitol grounds. In January, a design of the monument was unveiled. Four months have passed, and we now have pictures of the actual statue being built that will cause conservative Christians to flip their lid.

“Perfect toleration of religious sentiment shall be secured, and no inhabitant of the State shall ever be molested in person or property on account of his or her mode of religious worship; and no religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights.”

Greaves and the Satanic Temple plan to place the statue on the Oklahoma state capitol grounds anyway.

“The Ten Commandments still stand at the State Capitol,” Greaves told VICE. “We are fully willing to place our monument at the Capitol, even while the ACLU suit is fought, with the understanding that a judgment against the Ten Commandments will have ramifications for our monument as well, likely resulting in the removal of both.”

IMO, no religious icons, idols, gobbledygook, christian, santanic, rastafarian, spaghetti monster crap should be allowed in any govt building. Period, no exceptions, and tear down that damn 10 commandments statue.

If they want an end to First Amendment protection, let them start by paying taxes.

`

THAT is the problem.

What part of "no law" is so hard to understand?

Last edited:
I'm aghast at this going on in my old home town...When I lived there they would have burnt the capitol building down if such a statue was placed...or mentioned...

I'm aghast at this going on in my old home town...When I lived there they would have burnt the capitol building down if such a statue was placed...or mentioned...

You mean satan or the ten commandments?

-cuz, in terms of our Constitution, they're the same thing.

That has got to be one of the most badass statues I have ever seen. I totally approve.

No, the biggest controversy will be whether to dedicate this statue
to Bush or Obama as the inspiration!

(I would settle the conflict by hanging a BUSH sign on the Great Satan,
and reserving OBAMA for a future Antichrist statue, to ensure equal inclusion)

`

Last edited:
If they want to put the statue there, it's their right.

It looks nothing like Satan though.

I suppose they're just embarrassed to place Satan's top 10 commandments next to God's. It would make them look pretty stupid, not to mention reveal their true nature. Couldn't have that.

I suppose they're just embarrassed to place Satan's top 10 commandments next to God's. It would make them look pretty stupid, not to mention reveal their true nature. Couldn't have that.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
13 “You shall not murder.
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

That is embarrassing.
Only two relate to our laws.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
15 “You shall not steal.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

That is embarrassing.

Really? So we wont be prosecuted for perjury if we bear false witness?

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

Only in a court of law. Lying itself is no crime, or you could arguably be arrested for more than a few of your posts!
If you are allowed your faulty argument, do you think 3 out of ten makes the genuflecting to the commandments justified?

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

Only in a court of law. Lying itself is no crime, or you could arguably be arrested for more than a few of your posts!
If you are allowed your faulty argument, do you think 3 out of ten makes the genuflecting to the commandments justified?

You'd have to prove your case. And you wont be able to.

Laws are laws.

Laws are laws.

What part of the "case" is in question to you?

Laws are laws.

What part of the "case" is in question to you?

That I'd be arrested.

Sheriffs like me too much.

Forum List

Back