PIRATES DECLARE THEY INTEND TO RETALIATE! Oh my...

If the Black water (XE ?) guys will take the massive paycut from being US taxpayer subsidized bodyguards to standing guard on ships. They'll be paid deckhand base rate. Shippers are as cheap as retail chains.

The 2 mill in ransom would pay for a lot of security. And, if we refused to subsidize their shipping costs as a country...then they might actually have to pay what it costs do do business.

Cheaper to just sink every row boat that takes to the water from Somalia.

Why not just let every ship actually carry weapons as per the second amendment and our early history with piracy dictates? Pirates would definitely think twice if all the ships were armed. If only we learned from our history with piracy....

I heard that these pirates will think twice before trying to take another American ship. Not worth it.

I also heard these ships can do a lot to prevent being hyjacked. Don't have their ladders hanging when they are on the go, increase their speed, etc.

PS. Republicans were hoping this was going to end badly. They were hoping this incident would make Obama seem like Jimmy Carter, and Obama handled the incident PERFECTLY!!!

And not one congrats from the GOP?

PS... that incident ended PRECISELY how Conservatives wanted it to end... EXCEPT that the 4th Pirate survived. Other than that, tho'... we've pretty much got evertyhting we wanted out of it:

American crew that refused to accept being hijacked and dead Priates at the feet of the healthy crew and Captain.

Yep... that's it... we're good.

No, you wanted Obama to fail, and you know it.

Hussein is a Marxist, thus she will fail... without regard to what one wants her to do.

As a result, since Marxism MUST FAIL, what I and every other American want her to fail at, is her attempt to implement Marxist policy...

It is definitely brute force time with this issue. These people aren't terrorist with political goals, that takes a ton of issues of the table. There is no diplomacy to be engaged. Just dealing with criminals. Alot of good suggestions here and I'm sure these things are all being looked at. There will be action to put an end to this.

ROFLMNAO...

OH yeah.. 'cause terrorists with political goals, is SO MUCH MORE COMPLEX...

LOL... Leftists...

Couple of points we seem to have forgotten here people. I’m all for taking out the wasp’s nest, rather than swatting them one by one, but to date – and including the four vessels captured today – the pirates are holding 17 ships and almost 300 crew members. Surely those crew members must be the first priority before we flatten the pirate hub town of Eyl, where it is believed the hostages are held. In my view that would require a special forces op. SBS, SAS, SEALS.

Secondly, the pirates are operating further and further south of Somalia. The targeted area now encompasses over a quarter of the Indian Ocean! Now, those of you who have sailed through those seas will know that is one motherload of ocean to cover with patrols. In fact, it’s probably impossible to police effectively. This in itself seems to support the argument for attacking the hub.

So, as you can see, it ain’t simply a case of going in with all guns blazing. Not unless, of course, you are prepared to sacrifice 300 hostages.

Yep...

Thus it's a milti-faceted operation, as are most... it's not all that complex... those being held hostage are screwed... any ship which enters those waters without security... is screwed and the patrols, both air and surface tend to thier respective grids dicing up any vessel which falls within the profile.

Preventing a boarding is the easiest part of this entire equation and there are PUHLENTY of people out there willing to take on the job, who are supremely qualified to do so.

Piracy isn't going anywhere, it's been around nearly as long as whores... and like whoring, the ONLY THING that curtails it is when engaging in it becomes more of a hassle than engaging in something else.

This is human nature 101...

Ya know PI, that was a really good response.

Personally? Since the boat tally is now up to 4, I think the UN should declare open season on Somali pirates, as well as all the warlords.

Like I said.......instead of Puerto Rico being used as a target practice point, I think Somalia would be a PRIME choice.

Start by leveling Mogadishu.

Like I said........Predators and Reapers to prevent any more hostages.

Then........send in the Teams.

Agree. Ground operations are inappropriate at this stage.

Start with passive protection devices aboard the merchant ships such as electrified anti-boarding fences and or sonic devices. If later needed, heavily distrupt from the air against their shore positions and take out all boats within x distance from commercial vessels.

Stay off the ground until this phase has advanced. They will likely move fairly quickly to using hostages as shields. There will be losses, and I am not sure every country's hostages are solely our problem, but the captive ships will need to either be taken or abandoned.

You know what? I kinda think that these guys could use a bit of target practice right about now...........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsaRHf7zHQI]YouTube - AC-130 Gunships[/ame]

Start by turning the pirate boats into kindling and fish food.

And.....because of this........they are also called the Angel of Death........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAFCudNNG30&feature=related]YouTube - AC130 Gunship dropping Flares[/ame]

And.....because of this........they are also called the Angel of Death........

YouTube - AC130 Gunship dropping Flares

Also known as Spectre.

Spooky, and in the AC-47 version Puff the Magic Dragon a la the John Wayne movie "The Green Berets"

Several 7.62 mm mini-guns each firing 6,000 rounds per minute and a 120 mm Howitzer for good measure. It would lay waste to anything it found in seconds. But, it's an area weapon. I'm not sure they would unleash it in the shipping lanes. Tempting though.

Maybe in the ports.....

Naaahhhhh........fuck it. Any pirate ship gets within 1 mile of any commercial vessel?

Blow the fuckers outta the water.

You do realize that these planes are capable of keeping ammo falling on the same place, right?

Figure around 70-20,000 rounds per boat oughta do it.

Forum List

Back