Pitt Students ‘In Tears’ and Feeling ‘Unsafe’ After Milo Yiannopoulos Event

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Pitt Students 'In Tears' and Feeling 'Unsafe' After Milo Yiannopoulos Event - Breitbart

The University of Pittsburgh’s Student Government Board held a public meeting on Tuesday to discuss the traumatizing visit the night before from “dangerous” homosexual and Breitbart Tech Editor Milo Yiannopoulos, during which students described themselves as feeling “hurt” and “unsafe.”
“During his talk, Yiannopoulos called students who believe in a gender wage gap ‘idiots,’ declared the Black Lives Matter movement a ‘supremacy’ group, while feminists are ‘man-haters,’” according to the student paper The Pitt News, prompting a handful of twenty-something-year olds to feel upset.

“Just because we have to be neutral with our funding doesn’t mean we’re personally neutral,” announced board member Jack Heidecker at the meeting. “I hurt yesterday, too.”

“So many of us shared in our pain. I felt I was in danger, and I felt so many people in that room were in danger,” proclaimed Marcus Robinson, student and president of the Pittsburgh Rainbow Alliance. Robinson also suggested that councilors should have been provided in another room to protect students who felt “traumatized” by Yiannopoulos’s opinions.

Break...

The reactions of students over a non-compulsory and extracurricular event featuring a gay journalist expressing a difference of opinion are a worrying sign that academia is failing. These are students who are legal adults and on the cusp of entering the real world, yet they’re in tears over the fact that someone, who they need not even listen to, disagreed with them.

University is no longer a place for new ideas, discussion, and intellectual debate. It is a place of safe spaces, no platforming, and trigger warnings. Students are taught to believe and agree with a single narrative and doctrine, turning them into narrow-minded and unchallenged pawns, with any form of resistance or difference of thought being classified as hate speech.

Pittsburgh may be the steel city, but it appears its students are made of softer stuff.

At some point, this nonsense has to stop. They are making fools of themselves.

When I feel upset and in danger, I leave. This trauma is entirely self-inflicted since they didn't have to be there at all. They should all be put on suicide watch/72 hour hold. I'd like to see those mental evaluations. LOL

It wasn't this way when I was in college, but when I was in law school the kids were separating themselves into different groups based on race. This was my first introduction to modern liberalism, which deliberately pits minorities against white people.

Forum List

Back