Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

I can set up an infinite number of automatic monthly payments from my checking account, absolutely free.
It's easy enough that even someone like you, who doesn't understand the difference between revenue and profit, could do it. Well, with some help. In your case, a lot of help. Okay, maybe not you, but someone of average intelligence could set it up for you.

You have a completely free checking account? Sweet deal, not every body does, and not understanding that makes you a sociopath.

I can set up an infinite number of automatic monthly payments from my checking account, absolutely free.
It's easy enough that even someone like you, who doesn't understand the difference between revenue and profit, could do it. Well, with some help. In your case, a lot of help. Okay, maybe not you, but someone of average intelligence could set it up for you.

You have a completely free checking account? Sweet deal, not every body does, and not understanding that makes you a sociopath.

Sweet deal, not every body does

That's awful. Maybe the union can include a stamped envelope with their monthly bill?
Give a discount for auto-pay?

I believe some laws to be too arbitrary and capricious to be necessary or proper.

That is why unions shouldn't have the dues taken out By the employer through payroll. Let the worker make that payment every month, to make sure they realize the costs and the benefits.

Bashing American workers to pay fees to banks to belong to a Union. Your a good little Republican drone sociopath.

First off I bashed no one, so knock of your drama club. Writing a check or giving the money to the union steward is free or very close to it, I'm sure the union can figure it out, they are big boys.

Why is it ok for Firms to use funds to lobby elected representatives, that may impact the bottom line of employees and stockholders?

Because the First Amendment says they can, moron.

The Canadian First Amendment?

How much do your workers pay on union dues?

When I owned a Union shop in the 80's and 90's it was $30.00/mo.

No longer have a union shop? How Un-American.

Why should the firm take out the wages? It is between the union and the worker, have the union bill the individual and let the individual see how much they spend and what their return on investment is.

It's a voluntary deduction requested and initiated by the employee. It cost employers NOTHING to do.

For example; I have employees that have their entire pay deposited to their checking. I also have employees split their pay between checking and savings. DOESN'T COST ME A PENNY!

Withholding and sending the money to the union cost, time, which costs money. The transaction has nothing to do with the business. If you have employees that have account and you automatically deposit it to their account, then the employee can have it automatically taken out of his account and it costs nothing.

The collective bargaining "agreement" is forced on the employer.
so what? employers force things on labor.

No not according to other People on the Left. Just as a person that does not want to work for a union can leave, if you don't like the employer, you can leave. Person on the Left.
drugs tests are an egregious example of capitalists wanting exceptions to the rules based solely on capital considerations in our at-will employment States. having to pass a drug test for employment is for-Cause criteria not at-will employment.

And you don't have to work there, you can go somewhere else, maybe a union job. Sorry but many unions want their members drug free. Hell of a deal.
it is about informed consent in lieu of voluntary signatories; only the Right doesn't seem to understand those concepts.

It is about freedom, freedom for the worker to engage in a contract with the employer and the employer being free to set conditions. Only the Left doesn't seem to understand those concepts.

It's a start. Next up, ban Public Unions all-together.

If a person wants a union I am all for it. I side with FDR and no collective bargaining for public employees. Public unions are fine.

I oppose Public Sector Unions. However, i'm fine with Private Sector Unions.

Why are you opposed to Public Sector Unions?

Taxpayers too often get held hostage. Tax Dollars aren't infinite. They're finite. If you work for Government, you have to accept that. If you don't wanna accept that, go find employment in the Private Sector. Don't hold Taxpayers hostage.

so what? employers force things on labor.

No not according to other People on the Left. Just as a person that does not want to work for a union can leave, if you don't like the employer, you can leave. Person on the Left.
drugs tests are an egregious example of capitalists wanting exceptions to the rules based solely on capital considerations in our at-will employment States. having to pass a drug test for employment is for-Cause criteria not at-will employment.

And you don't have to work there, you can go somewhere else, maybe a union job. Sorry but many unions want their members drug free. Hell of a deal.
it is about informed consent in lieu of voluntary signatories; only the Right doesn't seem to understand those concepts.

It is about freedom, freedom for the worker to engage in a contract with the employer and the employer being free to set conditions. Only the Left doesn't seem to understand those concepts.
Collective bargaining fulfills that requirement. Only the Right is that cognitively dissonant.

That's the point of the bill, foster non payment of union dues yes?
The point of the bill is let the unions collect dues and not rely on the government as a collection company.
it isn't the government but payroll disbursement by the private sector.

it isn't the government but payroll disbursement by the private sector.

Private sector? LOL!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

You're dumber than I thought possible.

That applies to the public sector; and, it is arbitrary and capricious regarding involuntary deductions.

Collective bargaining fulfills that requirement. Only the Right is that cognitively dissonant.

Collective bargaining, in the private or public sector? I have no issue with the private sector unions having collective bargaining. I have am with FDR on no collective bargaining for public unions. Collective bargaining in the public sector allows for the unions to force taxpayers into bad agreements. PERS in the state of Oregon was a bad deal for taxpayers.

First off I bashed no one, so knock of your drama club. Writing a check or giving the money to the union steward is free or very close to it, I'm sure the union can figure it out, they are big boys.

Or you can leave it the way it is which is more convenient for the employee and costs all involved, nothing.

Republicans lies and bashing the American worker.

Forum List

Back