Planned Parenthood and donations

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
As this site advertises for PP as if PP is underfunded their annual report states otherwise:

These Numbers From New Planned Parenthood Report Show Need to Defund Abortion Giant

Planned Parenthood also reports increased excess revenue and net assets. (this with a decrease in services and an increase in the number of abortions.)

In fiscal year 2015, its excess revenue was nearly $59 million and net assets totaled more than $1.4 billion. For fiscal year 2016, Planned Parenthood’s excess revenue increased to $77.5 million and net assets now total over $1.5 billion.

The information in the latest report is particularly relevant as Congress considers a budget reconciliation bill to repeal Obamacare. The bill includes a provision that would disqualify Planned Parenthood affiliates from receiving Medicaid reimbursements for one year after enactment of the bill.

Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report underscores why taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize the abortion giant. As the number of abortions increases, fewer women are turning to the group for care like cancer treatment and prevention services, contraception, and prenatal services.

The information in the latest report is particularly relevant as Congress considers a budget reconciliation bill to repeal Obamacare. The bill includes a provision that would disqualify Planned Parenthood affiliates from receiving Medicaid reimbursements for one year after enactment of the bill.

Okay, so who is going to provide those women's health services to poor communities, then?

We'll wait.

As this site advertises for PP as if PP is underfunded their annual report states otherwise:

These Numbers From New Planned Parenthood Report Show Need to Defund Abortion Giant

Planned Parenthood also reports increased excess revenue and net assets. (this with a decrease in services and an increase in the number of abortions.)

In fiscal year 2015, its excess revenue was nearly $59 million and net assets totaled more than $1.4 billion. For fiscal year 2016, Planned Parenthood’s excess revenue increased to $77.5 million and net assets now total over $1.5 billion.

Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report underscores why taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize the abortion giant. As the number of abortions increases, fewer women are turning to the group for care like cancer treatment and prevention services, contraception, and prenatal services.
You're an idiot....

PP doesn't concern YOU.......your feels are entirely irrelevant.

Why on earth are a bunch of geriatric right-wing wimps whining about Planned Parenthood?

You'll all be taking the eternal dirt nap in a year or two ...

Exercising their Freewill?

Naw, when his ilk says "Freedom", they mean the ability of those with money to abuse those of us with less....

They don't actually mean things like controlling your own body or who you can love.

Okay, so who is going to provide those women's health services to poor communities, then?

We'll wait.

I suspect that PP is not the only organization that provides health services to women. Why don't you guys support them more instead of all this bitching about PP?

We'll wait.

I suspect that PP is not the only organization that provides health services to women. Why don't you guys support them more instead of all this bitching about PP?
Are you a woman?

We'll wait.

Are you a woman?

Why do you ask? You think males can't have a valid opinion and express it?

We'll wait.

Are you a woman?

Since you don't utilize these services you have no experience of the vacuum that may exist if PP goes out of business.. Sure there are other clinics in areas for women's health, but they get federal grant funds also...yet they are not attacked by the right.

We'll wait.

Are you a woman?

Since you don't utilize these services you have no experience of the vacuum that may exist if PP goes out of business.. Sure there are other clinics in areas for women's health, but they get federal grant funds also...yet they are not attacked by the right.

Maybe they don't get attacked cuz they aren't doing abortions. And I don't think PP is going out of business any time soon. I thought the law as clear on this: the US Gov't cannot be funding organizations to perform abortions. Period. No fancy flimflam dishonest bullshit about the money doing other things, PP can do all the abortions they want to but if they do that then they should not be receiving federal funding.

We'll wait.

Are you a woman?

Maybe they don't get attacked cuz they aren't doing abortions. And I don't think PP is going out of business any time soon. I thought the law as clear on this: the US Gov't cannot be funding organizations to perform abortions. Period. No fancy flimflam dishonest bullshit about the money doing other things, PP can do all the abortions they want to but if they do that then they should not be receiving federal funding.
Trumps told them they will be cut off if they don't stop abortions, seems fair to me.

We'll wait.

You mean quit paying taxes and send the money to them. Great idea.

Are those other organizations as wide spread and in as many places?

I mean, PP could do abortions exclusively and be very profitable doing so. They do the other stuff at a loss. No one is going to make a profit doing it, which is why the government has to subsidize it.

And that's a bullshit law. We should fund abortions for any woman who wants one.

Here's the thing. France the government pays for abortions. And guess what, they have half the number of abortions per capita that the US has.

Why? Because they also pay for contraception, sex education, family leave and health care.

Are those other organizations as wide spread and in as many places?

I mean, PP could do abortions exclusively and be very profitable doing so. They do the other stuff at a loss. No one is going to make a profit doing it, which is why the government has to subsidize it.

"Are those other organizations as wide spread and in as many places? "

Don't know, but if the Left cared as much about women's health issues as they say they do then why aren't more of those kinds of organizations out there?

"No one is going to make a profit doing it, which is why the government has to subsidize it."

This is pure bullshit. The gov't is not supposed to be in the business of subsidizing unprofitable enterprises just because they are not fiscally sustainable.

You guys are going to have to do better than this. I know that PP makes money doing abortions and they get mucho donations for doing just that. Which is fine, I don't like it but that's the law as laid down by Roe v Wade. But why is it so God Damn hard for the Left to live by the laws we have rather than circumventing them with bullshit accounting tricks or outright ignoring them and doing whatever they please (sanctuary cities). WHO THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE? Just because you don't like a particular law does not mean it's non-compliance is okay.

I'd go this far: if a state wants to fund abortion mills like PP with their money, fine. The residents in that state can live with that burden or change their laws or their elected officials. Same as us on the national level, but you don't get to ignore or circumvent existing federal law and use federal tax dollars for that purpose and we should not be funding those who do that.

Forum List

Back