Planned Parenthoold CEO makes over 500K/Year

Yup, maybe not from federal grant dollars, but if all their other activities were not supplemented by taxpayer funds, how much would be available to pay her? Cut federal funding, let them survive on what they can glean from contributions, like many other "charitable" organizations.
Most of the federal "funding" is Medicaid reimbursements for providing Healthcare services. They are entitled to that. The rest is such a small amount, that only liars wanting to win votes on a wedge issue would be making such a big deal over it.

So when people talk about defunding PP, and PP says they'd lose access to healthcare...that's all bull.

Right ?

It is. Considering $600k is less than $300 or more million. If you're not sure which number is higher then I've got a great chart to show you that I saw today.

Please pay attention.

The claim was made that most of the federal money was due becuase it is medicare reimbursements. That means they were paid for services they provided.

Services that others could provide.

Right ?

Others could provide. But why make them? Planned Parenthood is an effective womens' health provider. Do you want to defund all hospitals that provide any sorts of abortions?

You would be the first to bring up abortions in this conversation.

What has that got to do with anything ?

Most of the federal "funding" is Medicaid reimbursements for providing Healthcare services. They are entitled to that. The rest is such a small amount, that only liars wanting to win votes on a wedge issue would be making such a big deal over it.

So when people talk about defunding PP, and PP says they'd lose access to healthcare...that's all bull.

Right ?

It is. Considering $600k is less than $300 or more million. If you're not sure which number is higher then I've got a great chart to show you that I saw today.

Please pay attention.

The claim was made that most of the federal money was due becuase it is medicare reimbursements. That means they were paid for services they provided.

Right ?

Others could and do and nobody is stopping them.

Correct.

It just seems that PP would do better to stay away from government money to keep it clean.

I've really got no issue with the 500 K by itself.

I'd like to know how the clean the accounting is though.

it's medicaid payments, it's not like they are getting $300 million in cash.

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

It just seems that PP would do better to stay away from government money to keep it clean.

Clean of what?

On the one hand they process anywhere from 300 to 500 million in money from the federal government for some reason.

They pay their top management team about 3 million and call themselves a non-profit.

It just seems the optics are bad.

I for one would like to see them step away.

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

it's medicaid payments, it's not like they are getting $300 million in cash.

What else have I not said that you'd like to argue.

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Others could provide. But why make them? Planned Parenthood is an effective womens' health provider. Do you want to defund all hospitals that provide any sorts of abortions?

Geezus ... why the hell do the Republicans want to defund Planned Parenthood? It's got to be all about fiscal responsibility and efficiency, right? Nothing to do with abortion. How foolish of me. :rolleyes-41:

Right ?

Wrong.

How is that the case ?

It would seem that if the government is paying for services....those services would be obtained elsewhere.

Just asking.

Via medicaid....MEDICAID, say it with us!

How about you say to yourself that you are essentially saying PP is the only who supplies medicaid.

Are you that disingenuous ?

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying often times people don't accept medicaid patients, PP does. I'm also saying there are other organizations be they for profit or non-profit that also accept medicaid and also perform abortions. Like hospitals.

Right ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Geezus ... why the hell do the Republicans want to defund Planned Parenthood? It's got to be all about fiscal responsibility and efficiency, right? Nothing to do with abortion. How foolish of me. :rolleyes-41:

Did I say anything about abortion ?

Please, show me if I did.

Or is this the typical left wing...well it has to be the case...argument ?

"Planned Parenthoold CEO makes over 500K/Year"

Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards Now Makes Over $500,000

And in fact, has made almost 600K in some years.

Now, it needs to be clearly understood that PP says none of her salary is paid for by federal grant dollars.

That, I am sure, is probably confirmed. If it wasn't the case, there would be a riot.

It just raises the question: How is a place that says it needs those dollars...able to pay that kind of money (the article says something like 3.8 million to the top 12 executives....thus making them part of the 1%) to it's executives.

I for one, really don't get into the abortion argument. But, there should be someplace else that gets that money.....who does not pay that kind of salary to it's top wage earners.
It only 'raises a question' for those with an unwarranted hostility toward Planned Parenthood, and who are ignorant of how such organizations operate and receive Federal funding.

There are scores of other like organizations which receive Federal funding and whose CEOs earn as much and more, yet you and others on the right are just now interested in Planned Parenthood.

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

Clean of what?

On the one hand they process anywhere from 300 to 500 million in money from the federal government for some reason.

They pay their top management team about 3 million and call themselves a non-profit.

You do realize there are for profit hospitals who receive Medicaid reimbursements, right?

Right ?

Wrong.

How is that the case ?

It would seem that if the government is paying for services....those services would be obtained elsewhere.

Just asking.

How about you say to yourself that you are essentially saying PP is the only who supplies medicaid.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying often times people don't accept medicaid patients, PP does. I'm also saying there are other organizations be they for profit or non-profit that also accept medicaid and also perform abortions. Like hospitals.

I've said nothing about abortion.

What is with you people ?

How is that the case ?

Just asking.

OK, then you would have no problem with a woman walking into PP, getting birth control and using medicaid to pay for it. Good to know.

Please pay attention.

Right ?

It has to be the case that you are a hopeless case. :rolleyes-41:

"Planned Parenthoold CEO makes over 500K/Year"

Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards Now Makes Over $500,000

And in fact, has made almost 600K in some years.

Now, it needs to be clearly understood that PP says none of her salary is paid for by federal grant dollars.

That, I am sure, is probably confirmed. If it wasn't the case, there would be a riot.

It just raises the question: How is a place that says it needs those dollars...able to pay that kind of money (the article says something like 3.8 million to the top 12 executives....thus making them part of the 1%) to it's executives.

I for one, really don't get into the abortion argument. But, there should be someplace else that gets that money.....who does not pay that kind of salary to it's top wage earners.
It only 'raises a question' for those with an unwarranted hostility toward Planned Parenthood, and who are ignorant of how such organizations operate and receive Federal funding.

There are scores of other like organizations which receive Federal funding and whose CEOs earn as much and more, yet you and others on the right are just now interested in Planned Parenthood.

As usual you are wrong on several counts.

There is no hostility towards PP here....simply a question regarding the money they pay their top brass all the while calling themselves a non-profit.

If you care to expand on the "ignorant of such funding comment" you are more than welcome.

What other "like" organizations...please share.

And I am not on the right..whose ignorant ?

Dickweed.

How is that the case ?

Just asking.

OK, then you would have no problem with a woman walking into PP, getting birth control and using medicaid to pay for it. Good to know.

I have no issue with someone walking into a non-profit that does not spend this kind of money on it's top executives and paying for birthcontrol with medicaid.

Does that help ?

Please pay attention.

Right ?

It has to be the case that you are a hopeless case. :rolleyes-41:

Then please excuse yourself.

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

Clean of what?

You do realize there are for profit hospitals who receive Medicaid reimbursements, right?

I do.

Medicaid is probably a significant part of any hosptial's top line (from what I've been told).

And if one people don't spend it at that that hospital..they'd use those benefits at another.

Please pay attention.

Right ?

Correct.

Clean of what?

Abortionists by nature are rapacious, predatory monsters. They will not step away.

I have no issue with someone walking into a non-profit that does not spend this kind of money on it's top executives and paying for birthcontrol with medicaid.

Does that help ?

I'm pretty sure this isn't out of line with other non-profits.

Does that help ?

I'm pretty sure this isn't out of line with other non-profits.

Great....three or four or ten wrongs make a right.

Forum List

Back