🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plato argued that tyranny arises most from democracy

We certainly live in a republican democracy, OKTexas, so you can look as silly as you won't (That's texan for 'want'.)

I see the Mexican President back downed the tyrant.

Watch the silly emoticons come up: that means the fascists don't dare argue this OP.

Another answer will be to leave the country. Nope, it's my country.

It's a winner.

No, we don't you ignorant twat. We enjoy the benefit of living in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Let me know when you are finally able to pull your head out of your ass.

We certainly live in a republican democracy, OKTexas, so you can look as silly as you won't (That's texan for 'want'.)

Watch the silly emoticons come up: that means the fascists don't dare argue this OP.

It's a winner.

No, we don't you ignorant twat. We enjoy the benefit of living in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Let me know when you are finally able to pull your head out of your ass.
You are a goof ball, dear. We leave in a republic that governs democratically: in our state legislatures and our national legislature. Only SCOTUS is truly a republican institution; the Presidency is a quasi-republican institution. You neither understand the Constitution nor Plato.

He argued that democracy's freedoms multiply, and from the equality comes the inequality and the rise of tyrants. Like Trump. Good BBC program. The tyrant is an enemy to his class and takes over leadership over an obedient low-info class.

It's short, and ask yourself if you are willing to repeal our democracy?

That's how tyrants like Obama come to power....which is why we sent Trump to restore the republic....

Ya see, Plato was a political philosopher in his day but he never envisioned the greatest Country (barely 250 years old) in the world governed by the people and for the people and with a Constitution and "Bill of Rights" that limit the power of the federal government. Too bad kids learn more about ancient history than they do about American history these days..
You clumsy scribbler, he was talking of "shadows", of perpetual ideas, and you don't get it. Too bad to be you. He was discussing an eternal pattern, and the US and Trump fit the cut out well.
The Founding Fathers ended "shadows of perpetual ideas" and "eternal patterns" with a freaking document, The U.S. Constitution, that listed the freedoms and limits of government power. Why can't lefties appreciate the celestial luck of living in the greatest and freest Country in the world without envisioning "shadows" that only existed in antiquity?

It's a winner.

Silly child, the federal government is a Constitutional Republic. The States are Democratic Republics, the States elect the federal leadership based on their representation in the federal government, which is determined by population not votes. Democracy ends at the State line.
Silly goof, we are a republic that operates on democratic principles. You need to go to school again. The Congress works democratically. You need to go to school again. No wonder Trump's follower are so scatter brained.

Really, then why does it take 60 votes to stop debate in the Senate instead of 51? Why do 3/4ths of the States have to approve a constitutional amendment instead of a simple majority, and 2/3rds to propose an amendment. 2/3rds of both houses to override a veto? Should I go on?

Ya see, Plato was a political philosopher in his day but he never envisioned the greatest Country (barely 250 years old) in the world governed by the people and for the people and with a Constitution and "Bill of Rights" that limit the power of the federal government. Too bad kids learn more about ancient history than they do about American history these days..
You clumsy scribbler, he was talking of "shadows", of perpetual ideas, and you don't get it. Too bad to be you. He was discussing an eternal pattern, and the US and Trump fit the cut out well.
The Founding Fathers ended "shadows of perpetual ideas" and "eternal patterns" with a freaking document, The U.S. Constitution, that listed the freedoms and limits of government power. Why can't lefties appreciate the celestial luck of living in the greatest and freest Country in the world without envisioning "shadows" that only existed in antiquity?
Try that argument in a government class, and the instructor will fail you. No, the FFs did not end anything, but they did begin a government that inevitably has evolved over more than 200 years into a democratic country.

Try that argument in a government class, and the instructor will fail you. No, the FFs did not end anything, but they did begin a government that inevitably has evolved over more than 200 years into a democratic country.
Until Trump....

It's a winner.

Silly child, the federal government is a Constitutional Republic. The States are Democratic Republics, the States elect the federal leadership based on their representation in the federal government, which is determined by population not votes. Democracy ends at the State line.
Silly goof, we are a republic that operates on democratic principles. You need to go to school again. The Congress works democratically. You need to go to school again. No wonder Trump's follower are so scatter brained.

Really, then why does it take 60 votes to stop debate in the Senate instead of 51? Why do 3/4ths of the States have to approve a constitutional amendment instead of a simple majority, and 2/3rds to propose an amendment. 2/3rds of both houses to override a veto? Should I go on?
Because the Senate democratically decides those rules at the beginning of each term. You did not know that?

Because the procedure for amendments were democratically decided on at the Convention and each of the states' conventions or legislatures democratically accepted them. You did not know that?

Unlike you and westwall, Plato knew what he was talking about. So do I. :lol:

Go do some studying the lot of you. I am done with you for tonight.

He argued that democracy's freedoms multiply, and from the equality comes the inequality and the rise of tyrants. Like Trump. Good BBC program. The tyrant is an enemy to his class and takes over leadership over an obedient low-info class.

It's short, and ask yourself if you are willing to repeal our democracy?

In The Republic, Plato argued that we should be governed by a "super class", and even in those ancient days, that super class was made up of the wealthy (hence the term PLUTOCRACY)

Socrates was asked to commit suicide because he objected to such rule.

It's a winner.

Because the Senate democratically decides those rules at the beginning of each term. You did not know that?

Because the procedure for amendments were democratically decided on at the Convention and each of the states' conventions or legislatures democratically accepted them. You did not know that?

Unlike you and westwall, Plato knew what he was talking about. So do I. :lol:

Go do some studying the lot of you. I am done with you for tonight.

Child, the simple answer would have been "The Constitution".

It's interesting how people react when they don't get their way and the OP proves that. To the OP there is only one truth and one way, his/her way. That is a dead give away, the Left NEEDS tyranny, even if only in a soft form to get it's way.
People like the OP always resort to this type of thing because they always think they know more than everyone else, they ALWAYS know what's best for everyone.

Forum List

Back